The Management Thread | The Wheel Keeps Turning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was approaching 1,000. Continue here.

There is no thread of HFBoards where users are allowed to editorialize on the validity of other peoples’ perspectives or opinions. Debate topics with people, but the non-stop criticism of “Benning haters” or “Benning fans” or “toxic fandom” or “cultural rot" needs to end, and it needs to end now.

There’s culprits on both sides of this issue. Knock it off, or some of you will be taking vacations from the site.

Addendum: Spamming is against the rules, too. Posts comprised of one or two words (eg - #FireBenning), or simply images/gifs are a violation of the Site Rules. So let's avoid that.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wouldn't trust Benning running a bath.

giphy-13.gif

Last edited:

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Think positive everyone. A new coach isn’t going to save this season or Benning’s job. It’s going to happen.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Mister Wolf

Jan 25, 2021
Every minute that passes with Benning remaining as the GM is hampering the team’s chance at success. I don’t understand the hesitation to punt on him when they punted Gillis after one season of no playoffs. This team should easily be a contender right now, instead the best we can hope for is a reset over the next two seasons with contracts coming off the books to give someone else somewhat of a fresh slate to work with. What a mess.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I wouldn't trust Benning running a bath.

Benning signs a drain stopper to a 5 year deal. Drain stopper is too big and useless.

Benning then goes to his neighbor and trades a cotton towel for bath salts despite needing soap and shampoo.

Benning then hits the grocery store and buys an overpriced face towel along with dish soap since he couldn't find body soap and ran out of time.

Benning tries to run the bath but this is futile since it was a stand up shower the entire time...

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Fire Benning and Weisbrod and let the new GM make trades and player transactions.

Letting Benning input on player's transactions at this point would be like putting out fire with gasoline.

I am not sure if public confidence in supporting this franchise would return in this generation.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
once we get rid of benning i think the way forward is to go in a mini rebuild. not signing markstrom and tanev and toffoli is temporary pain but long term gain. trade miller and Schmidt for picks. i think we could actually try to get rid of virtanen and myers. myers contract sucks but hes not even that bad of a player right now. some team might want myers if we give them virtanen. and in these 2 years while we do a mini rebuild some of the really bad contracts like errikson and sutter and beagle will come off the books. we could even trade horvat as he will be in his late 20s by the time this is done. the only problem is hughes and petterson wont be happy

the time we try to be good with our bad overpaid bottom six is just going to be a waste of time. petterson and hughes are getting their contracts, we cant be good with these overpaid guys. so may as well do a mini rebuild

Reactions: ekimbo

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
On the bright side, imagine how much good will ownership would gain if they proactively appointed a new GM. It would buy them years of calm until the villagers are once again storming the gates.

Hopefully they are smart enough to excercise this way out of this mess.

Mister Wolf

Jan 25, 2021
Until Benning oversees a team that finishes above .500 and makes the playoffs in consecutive years I don't want to hear anything about "building a winning culture" or whatever. Over the last 7 seasons they're winning percentage is on par with the likes of Buffalo and Edmonton (and that includes two playoff years), teams who fans in this market grave danced on for years, the rot in this organization from A to Z is just as bad if not worse.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Until Benning oversees a team that finishes above .500 and makes the playoffs in consecutive years I don't want to hear anything about "building a winning culture" or whatever. Over the last 7 seasons they're winning percentage is on par with the likes of Buffalo and Edmonton (and that includes two playoff years), teams who fans in this market grave danced on for years, the rot in this organization from A to Z is just as bad if not worse.

And were extremely fortunate to exit that period with two star players. But they never got the franchise superstar for all of those terrible years.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The Canucks control the press and social media. We are starting at 7 years of incompetence yet not a single member of the media will do what they would have in any other era and openly say Benning should be fired. There is no forum where fans can really say the same either. The Canucks could lose the next 5 games and allow 25 goals and the criticism would still be relegated to a tiny corner of the internet populated by a bunch of paid shills.

This is why I stopped faithfully watching Canuck games and why thousands of others have followed suit. I guess you beat us but what have you really won?

Mister Wolf

Jan 25, 2021
If nothing changes I hope Pettersson holds out this offseason. Wouldn't blame him one bit.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Anticipate all the Gnomes of the 5th Estate to come out after Benning and Weisbrod's firing and state that this is what they had been preaching loud and clear all along.
Of course people who have listened to their 'Baaing' on Sports Talk radio will know otherwise.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Let’s look on the bright side.

They are probably moving the 2021 draft to 2022 and doing 2 drafts in 2 weeekwnda which means sucking this year and next year could allow us to put in 2 top talents for the 2022-2023 season when we have a clean cap sheet.

This all assumes bennings doesn’t trade away picks for hailmarys or the new gm is forced to compete and add picks to move out salary

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The Canucks control the press and social media. We are starting at 7 years of incompetence yet not a single member of the media will do what they would have in any other era and openly say Benning should be fired. There is no forum where fans can really say the same either. The Canucks could lose the next 5 games and allow 25 goals and the criticism would still be relegated to a tiny corner of the internet populated by a bunch of paid shills.

This is why I stopped faithfully watching Canuck games and why thousands of others have followed suit. I guess you beat us but what have you really won?

I barely watched games from 2016 to 2018. Much like the Whitecaps...Locals will just disengage when shit gets tough.

We have more options nowadays than we did 25 years ago. I can stream any NHL, NFL, NBA, EPL, La Liga or Serie A game I want.

I will probably just catch up to see the scores but will probably stop watching this tire fire.

Personally cannot wait until the Kraken start playing as Seattle is just such a passionate sports town. It will be hard to not get behind them.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Let’s look on the bright side.

They are probably moving the 2021 draft to 2022 and doing 2 drafts in 2 weeekwnda which means sucking this year and next year could allow us to put in 2 top talents for the 2022-2023 season when we have a clean cap sheet.

This all assumes bennings doesn’t trade away picks for hailmarys or the new gm is forced to compete and add picks to move out salary
YUp. Depends on Aquilini.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Injuries have been pretty bad, covid effected the Canucks unfarely, weathers gonna get cold, travel, refs, this season is an ANAMOLY, keep Benning and Coach Green, cause without Benning we wouldnt have Pettersson

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I have to laugh at the (faux?) outrage in an effort to get rid of the GM and coach. There’s no doubt the moves this past summer would get most GMs fired. But there are way bigger problems in this world than a bad GM running a local sports team.

I just listened to the Rob Fai show from last night. I think the fans need to take a collective deep breath.

Reactions: Tuck Frump
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->