The Management Thread | Live, Play, Repeat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Semantics argument.

How many canucks fans have insider information on weisbrods thinking in the tmac trade while also writing fanfic about his smarts?

Historically, these types of accounts are always burners lmao
Account was created June 21st 2017 which is 2 days prior to the Wiki info PJ posted, LMAo it was totally Weisbrod.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Can someone explain to me what happened to Sven Baertschi? He scored ~25 goals in his past 82 NHL games and clearly had chemistry with Horvat but was essentially blacklisted by the organization. This was the only “age gap” player they semi hit on and when he reached his probably best case scenario they just gave up on him? This is a few months after signing him to a ridiculous contract?

As I recall, we had enough skill and wanted to make space for the Ferlands, Pearsons & Roussels of the world

I thought Patrick Johnston had a good bit about this and the similar Gagner (into Spooner) deal.

The real block keeping Benning from re-signing Tyler Toffoli? Deciding to just discard Sven Baertschi *one year* into a *three year* deal.

When they signed Baertschi to a deserved new deal in 2018, was there not a thought about *what* the team was to look like in years two and three of his new deal?

If you’re simply ditching the player after only one season, sending him away essentially forever, praying that maybe another team might trade for him, you didn’t have that kind of plan in mind when you first signed him.

So if you didn’t have a plan for where he’d be in the lineup in 2019-20 when you signed him before 2018-19 season, what were you doing?

This isn’t a new problem either. You could look back to the signing of Sam Gagner the year before that.
There’s another three-year deal that was suddenly ditchable after just one season. That, again, is not planning ahead.

Gagner was dealt for Ryan Spooner, who didn’t get up to much at the end of 2018-19 and his buyout is another block on the books that kept the Canucks from re-signing Tyler Toffoli.

What was the point of any of these signings? What was the point of adding Spooner? His buyout was barely less than it would have been for Gagner. He arguably showed less in his late season run than they’d seen in Gagner.

The Skate: Is there a rudder? | The Province

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Couple of things here. Jason Botchford had a lot of fans- myself included. the Armies has never been the same. Although he does not get a lot of traction on the local media scene but Patrick Johnson of the province has come up with the Skate. it is really informative and has that Provies, Armies feel

in tonight"s report. he is stating that in 2017 it is possible that Trevor Linden fired John Weisbrod thru changes on his wikipedia page. also Matt Sekeres said he had heard there was a lot of issues with Weisbrod and the scouting staff and we know what happen to brackett. Someone overruled Linden and and then one year later Linden gets the axe. Only Aquilini could have saved Weisbrod. Keep that in mind. Maybe it is all a coincidence? or is Weisbrod a Aquilini guy ???

here is the link

The Skate: Exegesis | The Province

Reactions: Peen and David71

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If Weisbrod is an “Aquilini guy” then this franchise is f***ed. I think the casuals would sadly give him a chance but the people who post on message boards and follow this team closely would all either jump ship to Seattle or just take a step back or completely away from following the NHL for awhile.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Ryan Miller was a paid shill. Ronning was definitely Weisbrod.

RMB was just trolling. He posted the most obvious bait and took the opposite side of anything just to stir everyone up and the bait was taken every single time. He also showed up on the politics board from time to time.

There is a 0% chance RMB was Weisbrod or a paid shill. He may or may not believe that Benning is a good GM, but he was absolutely 100% just posting to agitate.

Based on your post I assume he's gone now and I won't get an infraction for calling him a troll. I don't have anything against him, in a way he facilitated some discussions (others he completely derailed obviously), but I mean it's obvious what he was.

Reactions: racerjoe

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting speculation on the TSN 1040 post-game show.

Word seems to be out there that the Canucks aren't a good organization for any aspiring GM, and several guys including Dean Lombardi have already turned them down. A lack of autonomy and a meddling owner are seen as the biggest drawbacks.

So maybe like the 'sycophants' and 'yes men' who served the previous president, Benning just might be a perfect guy for the Aquilini's.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yep, all real possibilities.

Could have been someone close to him who manages his pr or something.

The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo and the Secret Twitter Account

Pretty sure the final assumption about colangelos burners was that it was his wife
It’s too bad that the NBA has a larger following than the NHL, I think Colangelo and his wife could’ve maybe gotten away with it if the NBA had less of a following like the NHL does.

NBA Twitter is massive so you’re more likely to expose yourself if enough smart people with time on their hands catch on.

Or if you just f*** up like KD did lol

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
There were multiple accounts who posted things that makes me legitimately question their sanity.
I remember the Ryan Miller guy, I just assumed most of these guys are just trolls from that Canuck Corner site(I found out about it last summer) and I think they have an entire thread dedicated to making fun of HF, basically a few trolls with too much time on their hands and some dedicated Benning fans.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
RMB was just trolling. He posted the most obvious bait and took the opposite side of anything just to stir everyone up and the bait was taken every single time. He also showed up on the politics board from time to time.

There is a 0% chance RMB was Weisbrod or a paid shill. He may or may not believe that Benning is a good GM, but he was absolutely 100% just posting to agitate.

Based on your post I assume he's gone now and I won't get an infraction for calling him a troll. I don't have anything against him, in a way he facilitated some discussions (others he completely derailed obviously), but I mean it's obvious what he was.
idk man - there’s a difference between trolling and creating an alter ego that basically only has the sole purpose of glorifying john weisbrod

it’s just weird. you have to look thru the post history.

I’m not saying it’s guaranteed he is weisbrod but some of the tracy mcgrady stuff and the english major style posting was rly sus lmao

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Outside of maybe drafting, I'm having a hard time finding any redeeming quality for Benning - even then, missing JV and OJ picks were nigh inexcusable.

He can't manage assets, most of his trades are horrible, he gave dead weight contracts to pathetic players, and he can't even deal with PR properly (his ran out of time with Toffoli speech).

If I was this bad at my job for this long, people f***ing die, and I'd be watching the Canucks on a 90's CRT television from my prison cell.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Interesting speculation on the TSN 1040 post-game show.

Word seems to be out there that the Canucks aren't a good organization for any aspiring GM, and several guys including Dean Lombardi have already turned them down. A lack of autonomy and a meddling owner are seen as the biggest drawbacks.

So maybe like the 'sycophants' and 'yes men' who served the previous president, Benning just might be a perfect guy for the Aquilini's.

If it’s true then this franchise will just be a more expensive version of the Sens, a clown show, except this one spends to the cap.

Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Damn this is depressing.
upload_2021-2-7_17-16-1.jpeg

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
whose available. would the owners want mike gillis back? hire dean lombardi/ron hextall/peter cerielli or whoever is avaliable. need someone with experience.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I remember the Ryan Miller guy, I just assumed most of these guys are just trolls from that Canuck Corner site(I found out about it last summer) and I think they have an entire thread dedicated to making fun of HF, basically a few trolls with too much time on their hands and some dedicated Benning fans.
The Canucks corner guys have an entire thread dedicated to Ms Y2k Melvin and Dim Jim (Addison Rae) a collection of grown men who in Movember of 2018 were parading a great Canucks start and were constantly talking about how wrong those posters were about the team and made a number of personal attacks on them. Fast forward a few months the Canucks absolutely imploded like usual, missed the playoffs by a mile yet those very same posters still applauded Benning for years to come.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
President : Ron Hextall / Mike Gillis / Dean Lombardi
GM: Eric Tulsky / Chris Mcfarland / Laurence Gillman

if we hire Futa i’m taking my talents to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad