OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLVIII - The weather outside is weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
LOL thats what I thought. I remember once you said you were fat and all, my guess is youre skinny fat, but then I was wondering maybe you were 300+ pound.
I have manboobs and 2-3 stomach folds.

Also my body fat percentage is probably super crazy high. I eat desert with every meal, including breakfast.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
that's basically the utilitarian slippery slope, enjoy the gulag
I mean, you don't see me saying "yOU dOnt NeEd ViDeO gAMeS" so that doesnt really work.

Booze is only harmful to you, no benefits. Sure, it tastes good and theres billions of dollars in the industry, but thats it. It also makes you laugh really loud and every thing is blurry.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I mean, you don't see me saying "yOU dOnt NeEd ViDeO gAMeS" so that doesnt really work.

Booze is only harmful to you, no benefits. Sure, it tastes good and theres billions of dollars in the industry, but thats it. It also makes you laugh really loud and every thing is blurry.
Wow that sounds cool and so fun!!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Lol, it's crazy how people get really defensive about this though.

"MUUUH LIKE TASTE" (Mike)
"WiLl AnYBodY ThINk Of ProCeSSSeD fOOOd?" (Paul)
"BuT iTs Fun" (Bask)

Logic isn't used when it comes to booze.
I'm not defensive about it though. I said that it isn't necessarily bad for you. I'd never say it was healthy either, but in moderation it has zero impact one way or another.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

it's not exactly 100% true, it can have some minor health benefits (in moderation), it can help you loosen up and helps for social interaction related anxiety (in moderation)... you can make a lot of the same arguments for most "non vital" things that are only there for fun you just seem to have a huge bias against alcohol

Lol, it's crazy how people get really defensive about this though.

"MUUUH LIKE TASTE" (Mike)
"WiLl AnYBodY ThINk Of ProCeSSSeD fOOOd?" (Paul)
"BuT iTs Fun" (Bask)

Logic isn't used when it comes to booze.

why are you arguing like a baby, i'm not even saying it's a good thing you just claim random ass things

i've literally never been drunk enough to blackout or puke, I never really cared for drinking other than a nice beer here and there, removing alcohol wouldn't change anything in my life

Reactions: TRG

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
compare booze to cigarettes if you actually wanna make an argument

cigarettes have very little benefit, and are very harmful. Would removing cigarettes fix the issue or would people gravitate toward something else? I would tend to think the later, but it doesn't mean removing it is a bad idea, it's a question of balancing the pros and cons of doing so

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

When you're able to control your intake, not everything is blurry.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not defensive about it though. I said that it isn't necessarily bad for you. I'd never say it was healthy either, but in moderation it has zero impact one way or another.
Obviously, but thats not the point, it's something that has absolutely no benefits, only "down" sides, no matter how minuscule.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
it's not exactly 100% true, it can have some minor health benefits (in moderation), it can help you loosen up and helps for social interaction related anxiety (in moderation)... you can make a lot of the same arguments for most "non vital" things that are only there for fun you just seem to have a huge bias against alcohol

why are you arguing like a baby, i'm not even saying it's a good thing you just claim random ass things

i've literally never been drunk enough to blackout or puke, I never really cared for drinking other than a nice beer here and there, removing alcohol wouldn't change anything in my life
I'm not arguing like a baby, I made a joke, you jabroni.

But anyway, pretty sure the health benefits are non-existant and are marketing based, agreed on the social interaction thing though, but I'm not sure it's really a good way to deal with social interaction problems, no ?

This works for any drugs, or cigarette or cigars, tbh. No bias here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad