OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLVII - Less wrestling, more memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matty's Halloween episode of how to make doughnut halloween special is one of the funniest thing Ive seen on youtube. Love that guy, I wonder how he is in the back of house.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
U got the new pokém ? My GF got it... I'm not a fan at all.

idk I really like it, they made good choices. You're actually incentivize to catch pokemons and that's just good game design for a game that's technically all about that at it's core but never really was

There was no point in catching any jabroni jobber pokemon ever once you had them in your pokedex

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
idk I really like it, they made good choices. You're actually incentivize to catch pokemons and that's just good game design for a game that's technically all about that at it's core but never really was

There was no point in catching any jabroni jobber pokemon ever once you had them in your pokedex
Well, some people wanted the full pokedex... why catch 25 bellsprout? I dont want to catch more than one of each, unless Im breeding or trying to catch for a certain purpose or something. Plus its 100% the same story as yellow? Thats lame.

It seems like a cash grab more than anything.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Well, some people wanted the full pokedex... why catch 25 bellsprout? I dont want to catch more than one of each, unless Im breeding or trying to catch for a certain purpose or something. Plus its 100% the same story as yellow? Thats lame.

It seems like a cash grab more than anything.

why fight 25 bellsprouts then? it just replaces dumb old-school JRPG random encounter fights something else that happens to be the core of what Pokemon should be, it's basically the same idea from a different angle

also yes it's a remake-ish and that's a cash grab af but heh

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
why fight 25 bellsprouts then? it just replaces dumb old-school JRPG random encounter fights something else that happens to be the core of what Pokemon should be, it's basically the same idea from a different angle

also yes it's a remake-ish and that's a cash grab af but heh
Isnt that the way youd train a pokemon to fight? By fighting over and over and not by catching pokemons?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Isnt that the way youd train a pokemon to fight? By fighting over and over and not by catching pokemons?

bruh idgaf about lore or immersion, it's pokemon

from a gameplay loop perspective it's better design, endless random encounter fights will always be pointless, catching pokemons might lead to you looking at stats or looking for shinies or whatever

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
bruh idgaf about lore or immersion, it's pokemon

from a gameplay loop perspective it's better design, endless random encounter fights will always be pointless, catching pokemons might lead to you looking at stats or looking for shinies or whatever
If you kill a shiny while ur grinding levels you a dumbass

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Attachments

• pPdNZ3c_d.jpg
    pPdNZ3c_d.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013