OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLVI - We can finally get rid of Harry's crappy title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
ITT: People flexin there phone collection.

Tbh, I loved my HTC's, had a hero back in 2008 or so, absolute unit of a phone but really nice. Had a desire, was nice too but not much of an upgrade on the Hero. The HTC one m7 doe, now that was a phone. Then I got the one m9, lost it during a night were I lost every thing, including my dignity.

HTC was DA BES.

Then I got a G5... Jeez, that sucked.

My s8 is surprisingly good though, does what is intended...

Reactions: TRG

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Tbh, I loved my HTC's, had a hero back in 2008 or so, absolute unit of a phone but really nice. Had a desire, was nice too but not much of an upgrade on the Hero. The HTC one m7 doe, now that was a phone. Then I got the one m9, lost it during a night were I lost every thing, including my dignity.

HTC was DA BES.

Lmao I think you posted about that night before :laugh:

Working in the industry, I had a bunch of phones. But never had an iPhone. f*** Apple.

S8 is a really good phone, mine is still going strong.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Think I had my Lumia 920 back then. Loved WP but it never panned out. But I loved that damn phone. Absolute unit.

J'ai vraiment aimé mon Lumia 920 aussi, c'est dommage que personne voulait développer pour Windows Phone.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Ciboire j'ai un party à Mascouche ce soir. C'est 2h de route en commute pis 70$ d'Uber au retour. f*** it, j'y vais pas.

Reactions: Mrb1p

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
J'ai vraiment aimé mon Lumia 920 aussi, c'est dommage que personne voulait développer pour Windows Phone.

Exact. Il y avait plein de features qui ont été reprises par d'autres compagnies par la suite.

Mais c'était gossant de devoir utiliser des "apps alternatifs" pour utiliser les services comme Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

HTC was DA BES.

Why would the S8 be "surprisingly good"?

It's a flagship phone from the biggest manufacturer of Android phones..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lmao I think you posted about that night before :laugh:

Working in the industry, I had a bunch of phones. But never had an iPhone. **** Apple.

S8 is a really good phone, mine is still going strong.
Probably did. That was the night I decided I was a mess and needed to stop drinking so heavily.

Reactions: TRG

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Wow don't be so offended.

From what I had seen, the flagship samsungs were a step down from the flagship HTC most of the time, the S8 reminds me of those HTC phones.
I'm not offended, but I just thought it was weird.

I wanted the HTC One 8 or something at the time, but ended up getting the Samsung S4 or S6, (I forget when this was) since my carrier didn't have HTC.

My current phone is the Pixel XL which is made by HTC and is great. I'll have the Pixel 3XL in a few days.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I wanted the HTC One 8 or something at the time, but ended up getting the Samsung S4 or S6, (I forget when this was) since my carrier didn't have HTC.

My current phone is the Pixel XL which is made by HTC and is great. I'll have the Pixel 3XL in a few days.
My GF has the pixel 2XL and it's crap TBH. Nowhere near as good as my S8. She's really mad about it.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
My GF has the pixel 2XL and it's crap TBH. Nowhere near as good as my S8. She's really mad about it.
The 2XL is made by LG so I never considered it at all (plus, no need to get a phone every year) but it certainly isn't crap. She may not like stock Android, but it's an excellent phone.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Wow don't be so offended.

From what I had seen, the flagship samsungs were a step down from the flagship HTC most of the time, the S8 reminds me of those HTC phones.

S3, S4, S5 were all so unreliable. S6 had it's problems but it was the beginning of something. From the S7 on, you had actual reliable quality.

Of course, that's only my opinion as someone stuck behind that counter, selling these products.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

She really doesn't like it. Takes pretty pictures tho.

She'd rather get her S7 edge back, lol.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
hopefully all companies go 120hz next year, it's the next big improvement they all need to have (other than oled screens)

Razer are the only one doing it so far and I don't really want a razer phone

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hopefully companies drop the crap no jack output thing... thats so dumb
I use bluetooth headphones 99.9% of the time and have no need for a headphone jack. That said, I agree that it's really dumb, but there's very little chance it comes back.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I use bluetooth headphones 99.9% of the time and have no need for a headphone jack. That said, I agree that it's really dumb, but there's very little chance it comes back.
So stupid though.

I dont want to charge my damn headphones, or to buy new ones every time my batteries are dead. I had a pair that lasted about 2 months before the battery life went down the drain.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So stupid though.

I dont want to charge my damn headphones, or to buy new ones every time my batteries are dead. I had a pair that lasted about 2 months before the battery life went down the drain.
If you want bluetooth headphones with a good battery then buy good headphones.

All these phones come with an adapter to plug into the USB-C port with analog phones though.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The USB C adapter is fine, except I can't skip song using the remote on the headphones while using Spotify. Otherwise, I agree that bluetooth headphones are convenient. My bluetooth earbuds suck, so I'm constantly charging them, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->