OT: The Lounge Thread Part XLIX - Pokemon Gen 8 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Un bail, n'ayant plus vu un optométriste. J'avais cette sale manie de frotter en abondance mes yeux.

Il m'est arrivé de contracter la conjonctivite. À maintes reprise. En allant à l'étranger vers la période estivale. Bcp de grattements. Jme retrouvais avec du mucus jaunâtre collant par-dessus en me réveillant. Des goutelettes m'aidaient à s'en débarrasser...

Par conséquent, devenu genre hypermétrope d'un oeil. En le fermant j'arrive pas à visualiser ni de loin et de proche.

Flou/illisible en lisant. Quelquefois, en fixant longuement qqch d'en haut. Un point noir sort de nul part suivant le mouvement. Des nuits tard je voyais des pointillés bleus. Jdois consulter.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Un bail, n'ayant plus vu un optométriste. J'avais cette sale manie de frotter en abondance mes yeux.

Il m'est arrivé de contracter la conjonctivite. À maintes reprise. En allant à l'étranger vers la période estivale. Bcp de grattements. Jme retrouvais avec du mucus jaunâtre collant par-dessus en me réveillant. Des goutelettes m'aidaient à s'en débarrasser...

Par conséquent, devenu genre hypermétrope d'un oeil. En le fermant j'arrive pas à visualiser ni de loin et de proche.

Flou/illisible en lisant. Quelquefois, en fixant longuement qqch d'en haut. Un point noir sort de nul part suivant le mouvement. Des nuits tard je voyais des pointillés bleus. Jdois consulter.

t'es devenu schizo

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

Je pensais que ça allait être une histoire à propos d'un bail qui ne voyait plus d'optométriste

Reactions: TRG

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
??

EDIT : oh the calendar thingy says 5, but the alert says otherwise, it's like they don't know what they're talking about ever

The special weather statement is done by Environment Canada, not MétéoMédia.... FFS guys.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
THEN WHO DO WE LISTEN TO

Environment Canada says 10. MétéoMédia says 5. So my guess is it’ll be between 5 and 10 :p.

I think the track of the system is still a bit in doubt.

Also Geo, don’t you think it’s a bit dramatic to put an alert for Montreal for at most 10cm?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Environnement Canada says 10. MétéoMédia says 5. So my guess is it’ll be between 5 and 10 :p.

TBH I don't even care for forecast except when I need to take my dog out, it's either cold as balls (10, -5) or you better do this fast or you ain't doin' it (-5, -infinity)

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Environment Canada says 10. MétéoMédia says 5. So my guess is it’ll be between 5 and 10 :p.

Also Geo, don’t you think it’s a bit dramatic to put an alert for Montreal for at most 10cm?

A special weather statement is a bulletin that we use in various situations. Its main use is to inform the public about potential impactful weather a few days before the event and that isn't covered by our short range forecast (first 2 days).

Another situation in which we will issue a special weather statement is to let people know about upcoming weather (in our short range forecast that can have a impact but doesn't meet our warning criteria. In this particular case, we're expecting around 10 cm of snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning, which can have a big impact on rush hour Thursday. With this kind of message the public can take action to mitigate the impact of the weather. This is the kind of approach that we're slowly integrating into our work.

I'm glad you asked Harry, because it shows me that lots of people don't have a good understanding of our different bulletins (warnings watches, advisories, and special weather statements) and what their exact use is... And that's not on the public.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
A special weather statement is a bulletin that we use in various situations. Its main use is to inform the public about potential impactful weather a few days before the event and that isn't covered by our short range forecast (first 2 days).

Another situation in which we will issue a special weather statement is to let people know about upcoming weather (in our short range forecast that can have a impact but doesn't meet our warning criteria. In this particular case, we're expecting around 10 cm of snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning, which can have a big impact on rush hour Thursday. With this kind of message the public can take action to mitigate the impact of the weather. This is the kind of approach that we're slowly integrating into our work.

I'm glad you asked Harry, because it shows me that lots of people don't have a good understanding of our different bulletins (warnings watches, advisories, and special weather statements) and what their exact use is... And that's not on the public.
That's all your fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad