OT: The Lounge Thread Part LIV - Countdown to spring (we made it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Whitney Houston
Notorious BIG

Rock n roll hall of fame

Yea I know it's called Rock N Roll HOF but it's basically a HOF for all music, not just for Rock N Roll.

They have inductees that were known for Blues like BB King and Ray Charles, to others who sang Soul & RnB like Aretha Franklin and Etta James. They have Pop performers lime Michael Jackson and Madonna. They have hip-hop performers lime Run-DMC and Beastie Boys.

It was always a HOF for all music.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yea I know it's called Rock N Roll HOF but it's basically a HOF for all music, not just for Rock N Roll.

They have inductees that were known for Blues like BB King and Ray Charles, to others who sang Soul & RnB like Aretha Franklin and Etta James. They have Pop performers lime Michael Jackson and Madonna. They have hip-hop performers lime Run-DMC and Beastie Boys.

I mean, blues, soul, rnb, is all pretty close musically and has a lot of the same roots... Hip hop and pop ... ? Not really.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Yes all music that was popular only in the States,not global.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You should take a look at the list of inductees. A lot of artists that were popular across the globe, not just the States.

Actually am very aware of whom is in and many have never heard of. Some that are in why? and many that are not,why? have no idea what the criteria is and don't consider it anything meaningful.Just my 2 cents.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Actually am very aware of whom is in and many have never heard of. Some that are in why? and many that are not,why? have no idea what the criteria is and don't consider it anything meaningful.Just my 2 cents.

It's all good. But you not knowing who they are doesn't mean they were only popular in the States. There are artists in there I don't know either. I don't take that as them not having a global effect as musicians.

I don't really care about the HOF in general, either. But there are artists I am happy get recognized when they're announced.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
To each their own of course as opinions are unique and not necessarily agreed upon. Happy for those that get selected, but others maybe, or are more deserving.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I couldn't lunch outside without my ziploc. That's the indispensable tool. I'm preparing it one day before.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
un de mes ancêtres a pas vraiment eu le choix de venir ici. Y s'est fait kidnapper dans sa jeunesse par des marins britanniques pour travailler sur leur bateau. Y'a réussi à escape à Québec, pis y'a fondé une famille avec la fille des gens (j'pense que c'était des immigrants eux-mêmes) qui lui ont permis de se cacher ici.

cool story.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
un de mes ancêtres a pas vraiment eu le choix de venir ici. Y s'est fait kidnapper dans sa jeunesse par des marins britanniques pour travailler sur leur bateau. Y'a réussi à escape à Québec, pis y'a fondé une famille avec la fille des gens (j'pense que c'était des immigrants eux-mêmes) qui lui ont permis de se cacher ici.

cool story.
How you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->