OT: The Lounge Part XLIII - The Road To WrestleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Apply for a job at the government. As an engineer you won't get the money, but you'll get the vacation/sick days.
There's also something to be said about job security and lower stress levels when you're an engineer / computer scientist working for the government...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
WM is over stop talking about wrestling unless it's about NXT, no one cares about that main roster trash

There's also something to be said about job security and lower stress levels when you're an engineer / computer scientist working for the government...

+ insurance + dental plan + retirement fund + etc etc

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
+ insurance + dental plan + retirement fund + etc etc
Insurance packages tend to be pretty standard but yeah pension plans are a step above. At the same time the likelihood of anyone staying until retirement age in any non-gov job is extremely low

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I have 2 weeks of vacation per year. Not one year of vacation per 2 weeks like you.
In my experience companies that only give 2 weeks to start (and then something stupid like 5-10 years to get the 3rd) tend to exploit their employees for all they're worth (until they burnout/quit)

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I have 4 weeks vacation and 3 personal days a year + dental and medical benefits. I work in a top accounting firm and I am happy with that. They also offer you to take an extra 2 weeks unpaid if you want. This year is tougher as I took all my 4 weeks in August for my wedding+honeymoon so I have no break before that.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
oh friend, you don't work in tech
I should have specified that it's pretty standard if you're relatively healthy.

But yes, I have worked in tech companies. What major differences are you referring to out of curiosity?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I should have specified that it's pretty standard if you're relatively healthy.

But yes, I have worked in tech companies. What major differences are you referring to out of curiosity?

most web companies are like 10-30 people and don't have health insurance or dental plans my dude

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
most web companies are like 10-30 people and don't have health insurance or dental plans my dude
Now I get it. Yeah I've never worked in one of those... The smallest one was probably 8K employees at the time

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I have 4 weeks vacation and 3 personal days a year + dental and medical benefits. I work in a top accounting firm and I am happy with that. They also offer you to take an extra 2 weeks unpaid if you want. This year is tougher as I took all my 4 weeks in August for my wedding+honeymoon so I have no break before that.
Plus you get to wear suits!

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad