News Article: The lonely existence of Winnipeg Jets fans in Atlanta

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I am glad there are still fans of the Franchise in Atlanta..
When the Jets 1.0 left in ‘96 I admit to being bitter...I freaking hated...loathed The Coyotees...I was not the better man..I was hurt...
Props to all the Thrasher fans still cheering for their team..

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
I know how he feels. I’m a life long Houston Astros fan (not for no reason). Are there any other Astros fans in Winnipeg? Anybody?? lol

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Pretty interesting
It's nice how this team has brought Winnipeg onto the map a bit more

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting article. Glad to see that he chose to continue following hockey after the Thrashers left and made the decision to cheer for the Jets. I would call him a true hockey fan. You could tell by all the memorabilia in his home that he shares our passion for hockey. He's very welcome in our Jets family. Good on him! :thumbu:

:jets

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I am glad there are still fans of the Franchise in Atlanta..
When the Jets 1.0 left in ‘96 I admit to being bitter...I freaking hated...loathed The Coyotees...I was not the better man..I was hurt...
Props to all the Thrasher fans still cheering for their team..

I was the same way after Jets 1.0 left too. Our Atlanta fan division are better people than I.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone that lives in a "stately home" doesn't need charity. He can pay his own way here if he wants to see the Jets so bad.

That "stately home" featured a tv from 1998.

With that said we finally threw away our old projection style tv last year.

That extra 3 feat of depth once a flat panel went into the wall did wonders for the living room!

Put it outside and someone else took it off our hands in the middle of the night. Didn't have to worry about taking it to the dump or calling 311

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That "stately home" featured a tv from 1998.

With that said we finally threw away our old projection style tv last year.

That extra 3 feat of depth once a flat panel went into the wall did wonders for the living room!

Put it outside and someone else took it off our hands in the middle of the night. Didn't have to worry about taking it to the dump or calling 311

Haha that TV stuck out to me as well.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Still got my Thrashers away Kovy jersey! :banana:

I have a powder blue Thrashers T-shirt that I found in one of the local flea markets in Winnipeg. Not sure how it got there, but it was brand new and I bought it for 5 bucks. I like wearing it, it reminds of a) where the team comes from and b) to feel some compassion for Thrashers fans as they lost their team, same as I did. I admit, the first couple seasons I gloated a bit that Atlanta lost their team.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know how he feels. I’m a life long Houston Astros fan (not for no reason). Are there any other Astros fans in Winnipeg? Anybody?? lol
I liked the Astros when I was a kid, I really liked that striped jersey they had, I still think its a classic. I was happy to see them win the World Series.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Fun read. Reminded me of the travails of being a hockey fun in the UK (well, until the Superleague came calling). I remember trying to explain to a Welsh friend that it was, really, when you thought about it, rugby on skates.

It isn't.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
I liked the Astros when I was a kid, I really liked that striped jersey they had, I still think its a classic. I was happy to see them win the World Series.

I was a 6 year old, recently moved here from Germany. I kinda knew what baseball was but not really. CBC Sunday movie played a Bad News Bears movie. Fell in love with the game and wanted to play. And at the end of the movie, they’re playing at the Astrodome (which I’ve been to) and the Astros come out on the field in their wild 70’s unis. Been a fan ever since.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Fun read. Reminded me of the travails of being a hockey fun in the UK (well, until the Superleague came calling). I remember trying to explain to a Welsh friend that it was, really, when you thought about it, rugby on skates.

It isn't.
lol not at all! But if you like fast, hard hitting action, hockey's got a lot going for it.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was a 6 year old, recently moved here from Germany. I kinda knew what baseball was but not really. CBC Sunday movie played a Bad News Bears movie. Fell in love with the game and wanted to play. And at the end of the movie, they’re playing at the Astrodome (which I’ve been to) and the Astros come out on the field in their wild 70’s unis. Been a fan ever since.

I remember watching the Bad News Bears back then, thats probably why I liked the uniform lol

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Thanks for sharing the article! That was a nice read

I don’t care where in the world someone is, if they’re reppin the Jets, they’re my jets brother or sister.

I love seeing the posts of all of our international fans. I know there are many more across the border and around the world that don’t post here and it’s such a heart warming feeling every time. We have an awesome fan base, no matter where in the world we exist!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad