The Lock Out and Canada's WJC Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
If the lock out lasts past December, hockey fans will sure get some good hockey at the 2005 WJC. Canada's team should be great. How's this for a possible line-up? Not sure if all these guys will still be eligible to play.....but here it goes.

Forwars: Patrice Bergeron, Gilbert Brule, Sidney Crosby, Eric Stall, Nathan Horton, Jeff Carter, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns, Mike Richards, Anthony Stewart, Nigel Dawes, Corey Perry, Possibilities: Brian Little, M-A Pouliot, Andrew Ladd, Wojtek Wolski, Kyle Chipchura, Guilliame Latendresse,

Defense: Cam Barker, Dion Phaneuf, Braydon Coburn, Brent Seabrook, Shawn Belle, Mike Green

Goalie: M-A Fleury

Please respond to anyone I may have missed or anyone who will no longer be eligible. Or just go ahead and make your own team Canada....or another countrie's team.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BIGROCKET said:
If the lock out lasts past December, hockey fans will sure get some good hockey at the 2005 WJC. Canada's team should be great. How's this for a possible line-up? Not sure if all these guys will still be eligible to play.....but here it goes.

Forwars: Patrice Bergeron, Gilbert Brule, Sidney Crosby, Eric Stall, Nathan Horton, Jeff Carter, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns, Mike Richards, Anthony Stewart, Nigel Dawes, Corey Perry, Possibilities: Brian Little, M-A Pouliot, Andrew Ladd, Wojtek Wolski, Kyle Chipchura, Guilliame Latendresse,

Defense: Cam Barker, Dion Phaneuf, Braydon Coburn, Brent Seabrook, Shawn Belle, Mike Green

Goalie: M-A Fleury

Please respond to anyone I may have missed or anyone who will no longer be eligible. Or just go ahead and make your own team Canada....or another countrie's team.

I don't think Staal and Fleury would be on the team, I doubt you would see Bryan Little there, same goes for Latendresse. Only because Brule and Crosby would be there as undrafted and the team most likely goes with the drafted players.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
allrevvedup25 said:
Staal and Fleury are still eligible, they will only be 19 years old.
Forget "years old" when talking about draft or tournament eligbility. It's the birthyear that matters. Staal and Fleury are both '84 born. They'd be ineligible. The cutoff birthdate for the next WJC's is Jan. 01/85.

By the way, add Wes O'Neill to the defense. Jeremy Colliton and Stephen Dixon would also be on the team, as returning and eligible members. Dave Bolland would have a good shot too. But goalies???

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
allrevvedup25 said:
Staal and Fleury are still eligible, they will only be 19 years old.

not sure when the cutoff date is, but staal turns 20 in october and fleury turns 20 in november...so they will both be 20 before the tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad