Line Combos: The Line Blender Edition, Pt. 1 (Gm.1-10)

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Watching Mantha is like watching a guy with absolutely no heart playing for the team he's with. I'm getting major Evander Kane vibes from his WPG days. I just don't think he likes playing for the Wings. At this point, I wouldn't mind trading him near the deadline while he still has value.

First of all, we're 5 games into the season. Trading every player who doesn't perform up to standards for any 5 game stretch is, well, not bright. Even if Mantha doesn't become a top of the line kind of winger, he already makes a pretty good one and is pretty young to boot.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
First of all, we're 5 games into the season. Trading every player who doesn't perform up to standards for any 5 game stretch is, well, not bright. Even if Mantha doesn't become a top of the line kind of winger, he already makes a pretty good one and is pretty young to boot.
Agreed. Trading away players because they ended up being good instead of great is how Edmonton got in their mess. Sure, Eberle ended up being a 20 goal scorer, but you need 20 goal scorers. Not every guy is going to be a stud. You need guys like Johan Franzen, Tomas Holmstrom, and Mikael Samuelsson (to use examples from the 2008 team) to win cups. You've gotta surround your stars and guys like Mantha, Bert, and AA look like they will be good guys for that role.
Now we just have to find a couple stars.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->