Free for the next day.
Buy Shadowrun Returns Deluxe from the Humble Store

a few Steam Summer Sale deals I like
Portal: $1
Portal 2: $2
Half-Life 2: $1
Dungeon of the Endless: $3
Phantom Pain: $10/Ground Zeroes: $4
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS: $10 (includes all DLC)
Undertale: $5
Fallout New Vegas: $3.29
Dishonored: $2.50
Papers, Please: $5
South Park Stick of Truth: $7.50
FTL: $2.50
Tomb Raider (2013): $2.50
Broforce: $3.75
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY: $5
Bastion: $3.75
Cities Skylines: $7.50
Outlast: $4
Euro Truck 2/American Truck: $5
Hotline Miami: $2.50

Firewatch is $5. Anyone played it?

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You're sitting on the couch, watching tv, and your life is passing you by. You keep procrastinating over and over. "Maybe I'll get Eastside Hockey Manager for $5 next sale" or wait for a bundle. No, do it right now. You can buy it after work, or you can buy it before work. Go visit Steam right now, they're out to help you.

You spend all the day on the computer anyhow. Why don't you make a purchase that's going to help you in your future? All you gotta do is visit Steam and buy the game.

Why are you making it complicated? It's easy.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
f61

Two Gameboys Trading Pokémon via Link Cable

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Change my mind: Neil Turbin in his prime could out-scream Steven Tyler

Edit: sweet Jesus hearing Tyler do "Metal Thrashing Mad" would have been crazy

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Back in 2014 I had a bet with my friend on who'd get all the achievements in Skyrim (+ DLCs) on Xbox 360. Now in 2018 I finally completed it on my PS4.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Gaming streams are making the big bucks in the past month: SGDQ crossed 2 million in donations in one week, and Tampa's own GuardianCon donations for St. Jude hit 2.7 million (including an anonymous 100k donation)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Firefly is good, but ultimately overrated.

speaking of Uncharted and fan films though, the rumor is that Indiana Jones 5 is pushed back to July 2021 (which is official) but embattled Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy's last act before 'resigning' in September will be to announce...Alden Ehrenreich as young Indy.

Ford, who will somehow be nearly 79 when the movie comes out, will be in the plot's framing device.

I thought being Harrison Ford was going to be Anthony Ingruber's job? After Solo flopped, and Ehrenreich being part of the criticism, why go back to him? Why not split the casting anyway?

In my head canon, Fate of Atlantis is the real Indy 4, and the end of the series.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was doing a bit of a software tuneup on my PC and found out that OpenOffice is basically a dead program. I had no idea, although I did notice that updates were becoming super rare. It's still up on ninite.com for whatever reasons.

LibreOffice it is. Runs faster, is updated more frequently, and is more secure.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Amazon Prime video added the 1967-68 classic 'The Prisoner'. I haven't watched it in like 10 years, but it's still a baller show, and outside of a few things you're inevitably going to get with a 50 year old show (it's in color), it holds up to my 2018 tastes. If you like Twin Peaks and/or Black Mirror, you may find something to like here.

A note about the show if you decide to watch. The order they have it on Amazon is the order the episodes aired. Because of production troubles at the time, they aired the episodes in a strange order, so there are continuity issues that detract from viewing them straight through. The order I'm re-watching it in is the 'Six of One' chronology.

Part of the fun I believe though is that the sequence of episodes itself is up for debate, which changes the subtext of parts of the show.

List of The Prisoner episodes - Wikipedia

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Amazon Prime video added the 1967-68 classic 'The Prisoner'. I haven't watched it in like 10 years, but it's still a baller show, and outside of a few things you're inevitably going to get with a 50 year old show (it's in color), it holds up to my 2018 tastes. If you like Twin Peaks and/or Black Mirror, you may find something to like here.

A note about the show if you decide to watch. The order they have it on Amazon is the order the episodes aired. Because of production troubles at the time, they aired the episodes in a strange order, so there are continuity issues that detract from viewing them straight through. The order I'm re-watching it in is the 'Six of One' chronology.

Part of the fun I believe though is that the sequence of episodes itself is up for debate, which changes the subtext of parts of the show.

List of The Prisoner episodes - Wikipedia
Related - the Iron Maiden Track "The Prisoner" off of the Number of the Beast album f***ing rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad