AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
okYvP-SkmIEgrd-dCRiGWVI3b37Av6OjEOYQCrmV3kI.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The first E3 press conference finished today with EA's offering.

Awful showing. Of all the games they showed, only like one game sort of intrigued me, but I still thought the trailer was boring (Sea of Solitude).

Anthem was their big game they showed off and it reminds me heavily of Destiny, which no one really cares about anymore. EA are saying they're against loot boxes now (it only took some legislation), so that's a positive.

edit: Xbox went today (6/10). Great show by them. Xbox One never really found it's footing after the bad start, (and they've alluded to the next system already, so probably expect that reveal next E3). Halo Infinite and Gears 5 were in there as the big boys, although both IPs prestige has been falling over recent releases.

What will probably be the biggest thing is they announced buying 5 new studios, including Ninja Theory. If they worry about AA-level games, at appropriate budgets, to supplement their massive AAA "live service" type games, then that next console could be one to be reckoned with.

Dark Souls and Bloodbourne developer, From Software also announced a new multi-platform IP (PC, PS4, Xbone) called Sekiro, scheduled for 2019.

Cyberpunk 2077 (Xbone & PC) also looks like one to watch. It's from The Witcher developer CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So not an impressive E3?

Since you guys are talking video games. Has anyone shown any interest in the FF VII remake? Looks really good.

Also, did they yet to include Cat Bowser in Mario Kart?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So not an impressive E3?

Since you guys are talking video games. Has anyone shown any interest in the FF VII remake? Looks really good.

Also, did they yet to include Cat Bowser in Mario Kart?
Most companies have yet to have their conferences. Xbox did okay. Bethesda had a pretty good show. Devolver Digital killed it again.

(language)

edit: I didn't realize this until I saw it on twitter, but the announcer at the beginning of this video is Wes Johnson, PA announcer for the Washington Caps and Elder Scrolls & Fallout series voice actor.

I don't have a lot of faith in the FFVII remake. It seems way too ambitious, and we're nearing the end of this console generation, so they pretty much have to kick it to PS5.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I still sink hours into Skyrim. Am pumped for whenever this comes out.

Rumor has it Daenerys Targaryen will serve as the game's primary antagonist against the returning Dovahkiin due to his slaying nature of her children. It's also rumored she could be sleeping with him by the end of the game.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Rumor has it Daenerys Targaryen will serve as the game's primary antagonist against the returning Dovahkiin due to his slaying nature of her children. It's also rumored she could be sleeping with him by the end of the game.
Elder Scrolls (and Fallout for that matter) are all about the side quests, IMO.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Are twitter embeds oddly collapsed / squeezed together for anybody else? If it's a picture tweet I only see the upper half of the pic and no text at all. Annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad