OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
No, but they were too deep into production of AD S5 to exclude him.

Transparent just got cancelled a few days ago although they fired Tambor in February. The final season won't have him.

That's interesting. I wonder what the dynamic with him being on set through that controversy was like.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Wild Wild Country on Netflix is a great documentary.

If you found the Kifflom sidequest in GTAV, I think they took a lot of inspiration from this.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yep. Hoping this is the year Argentina and Messi finally get it done but I'm pretty much expecting heartbreak. :laugh:

If you think the Lightning are squandering championships under Cooper just look at the sheer idiocy of Argentina's coaches since the 90s.

Last edited:

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Yep. Hoping this is the year Argentina and Messi finally get it done but I'm pretty much expecting heartbreak. :laugh:

If you think the Lightning are squandering championships under Cooper just look at the sheer idiocy of Argentina's coaches since the 90s.
hmm interesting...not sure if their choking history makes me feel any better tho!

And am I the only one who feels soccer coaches get fired way more easily than hockey(NHL) ones?

There always seeem to be a couple of coaches here in NHL who I can't understand why in the world still have a job...it's almost like ppl in the management don't know anything about the game at all!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
hmm interesting...not sure if their choking history makes me feel any better tho!

And am I the only one who feels soccer coaches get fired way more easily than hockey(NHL) ones?

There always seeem to be a couple of coaches here in NHL who I can't understand why in the world still have a job...it's almost like ppl in the management don't know anything about the game at all!
I've looked at who is a head coach in particular right now. It's basically a matter of if you've played in the NHL you can coach in the NHL/AHL. If you topped out at the ECHL, you can only do ECHL. Leagues lower than that are a bit more adventurous with where they get their coaches from, but you never really advance.

David Quinn to NYR is a nice change. College programs are rabid about putting alumni in those jobs though.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Soccer coaches definitely get fired way more easily. Heck they can get fired just for losing a regular season game to a rival, regardless of how the team finishes.

Anyway as an example of stupid coaching, in 1998 Argentina's coach at the time (Passarella) refused to take a couple of the best players because they had long hair and he had some vendetta against it. Seriously.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Soccer coaches definitely get fired way more easily. Heck they can get fired just for losing a regular season game to a rival, regardless of how the team finishes.

Anyway as an example of stupid coaching, in 1998 Argentina's coach at the time (Passarella) refused to take a couple of the best players because they had long hair and he had some vendetta against it. Seriously.
Is it a culmination of losses though? I could see a team getting fed up with a team under performing and then losing to their rival.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Is it a culmination of losses though? I could see a team getting fed up with a team under performing and then losing to their rival.
No, I've seen a coach or two fired or resign for winning the league but losing both games to their top rival. Or losing a knockout game to a rival despite winning other trophies. It's not a guarantee and many survive that, but fans definitely start grumbling about it when it happens.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
No, I've seen a coach or two fired or resign for winning the league but losing both games to their top rival. Or losing a knockout game to a rival despite winning other trophies. It's not a guarantee and many survive that, but fans definitely start grumbling about it when it happens.
that's what I sort of thought you were saying. My only exposure to any of that is playing Championship Manager for a bit and being surprised at how strongly the board of directors acted when I lost to a rival. In EHM (same developers), they'd never do that.

I think a lot of it comes down to how large the coaching field is perceived to be, and how similar the game is played pretty much everywhere. A Premier League team can recruit from Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, etc., in addition to domestically. NA hockey isn't like that. IIHF rules make the game different enough that we don't trust the results of the KHL, SM-Liiga, SHL, etc., which makes our world much smaller.

Reactions: LonLon Lei and Hoek

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Ouch reading Hoek's post now I remember.(That story sounds like it comes from a high school btw) I've completely forgotten how crazy those soccer fans can be!! That must play a huge role, too.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
1T3maK9.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hey everyone! Time to pick a new username for LC!

Electrophobia Catalyst is my selection

The potential is there. Not bad.

Achievemephobia Catalyst. Just like The Lightning seem to have

Phobophobia Catalyst

Panophobia Catalyst

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia Catalyst.

Edit: According to the site I can change again in 118 days. Sept 28. I guess my sponsor status no longer allows early changes.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Don't know what it means but I like the sound of panophobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad