OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I had no idea this was even a thing. Looks awesome. I loved MechCommander
It's a bit different than MechCommander in that it's a turn based tactical game rather than a FPS like the MechWarrior games or a real-time game like MechCommander. But I've watched some streams of people that HBS released the beta to, and it looks nuts. So much customization.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Crusader Kings II is free on Steam. Rly gud strategy game. Pretty high learning curve though. Ireland is called Tutorial Island among the game's community for a reason.

It's sort of similar to the Total War games (without the battling system), or Civilization.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Crusader Kings II is free on Steam. Rly gud strategy game. Pretty high learning curve though. Ireland is called Tutorial Island among the game's community for a reason.

It's sort of similar to the Total War games (without the battling system), or Civilization.

You can has incest!

CK2 is really good though. I always like playing as Sweden because I like the Viking mechanics.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Went to download it but apparently I already had it. Don't remember buying it but to be fair, that's like 50% of the games I own on Steam.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm planning a trip for the summer and Italy is one of the possible places. Any tips on where to go @Fabiobest? Some place where there is a lot to see and a lot to do for about a week. You can also suggest multiple places. Last summer I went on a trip from Zurich to Munchen to Berlin so moving around isn't a problem. Maybe something on the coast of Mediterranean Sea?

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I'm planning a trip for the summer and Italy is one of the possible places. Any tips on where to go @Fabiobest? Some place where there is a lot to see and a lot to do for about a week. You can also suggest multiple places. Last summer I went on a trip from Zurich to Munchen to Berlin so moving around isn't a problem. Maybe something on the coast of Mediterranean Sea?
:) :)
If it's your first trip in Italy, I suggest you to visit the most important cities, like Roma, Firenze and Venezia.
On the cost of Mediterranean Sea, there's also Napoli and the Amalfi coast that are beautiful (in particular the coast).
Consider that also Tom Brady and Henrik Lundqvist came to visit that place (Lundqvist went to Capri if I remember well).

Reactions: FinnLightning26

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
:) :)
If it's your first trip in Italy, I suggest you to visit the most important cities, like Roma, Firenze and Venezia.
On the cost of Mediterranean Sea, there's also Napoli and the Amalfi coast that are beautiful (in particular the coast).
Consider that also Tom Brady and Henrik Lundqvist came to visit that place (Lundqvist went to Capri if I remember well).
Thanks for the suggestions! The Amalfi coast looks exactly like a place I was looking for. Beautiful scenery and some historical places nearby like Pompeii and Herculaneum. I'm kind of a history buff so those places would be cool. I doubt we'll be going to Rome since the friend I'm going with went there a couple of years ago, although I really want to see the Colosseum. Maybe I'll go there some other time.

It's basically Italy or Greece we're going to and both countries are loaded with history so it's going to be a tough decision. :laugh:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Thanks for the suggestions! The Amalfi coast looks exactly like a place I was looking for. Beautiful scenery and some historical places nearby like Pompeii and Herculaneum. I'm kind of a history buff so those places would be cool. I doubt we'll be going to Rome since the friend I'm going with went there a couple of years ago, although I really want to see the Colosseum. Maybe I'll go there some other time.

It's basically Italy or Greece we're going to and both countries are loaded with history so it's going to be a tough decision. :laugh:
If you'll go to Rome, visit the Vatican City, with St. Pietro and the museums.
I think that part of Rome is the most beautiful to see.
The Amalfi Coast is amazing but I don't know anything about the costs and prices, because I've never been there.
Btw, I've told you 4 cities: I think that Napoli...mah...it's beautiful but it's famous not only for his beauty...So I can't suggest you to go ...

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
If you'll go to Rome, visit the Vatican City, with St. Pietro and the museums.
I think that part of Rome is the most beautiful to see.
The Amalfi Coast is amazing but I don't know anything about the costs and prices, because I've never been there.
Btw, I've told you 4 cities: I think that Napoli...mah...it's beautiful but it's famous not only for his beauty...So I can't suggest you to go ...
I don't really care about prices because they will be cheaper than what I'm used to here :laugh: I think only Norway and Switzerland are more expensive than Finland and I've visited both of them.

When I think of Venice, I think of couples on a romantic trip. I don't know if it's a right place for two friends :laugh:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I don't really care about prices because they will be cheaper than what I'm used to here :laugh: I think only Norway and Switzerland are more expensive than Finland and I've visited both of them.

When I think of Venice, I think of couples on a romantic trip. I don't know if it's a right place for two friends :laugh:
xD xD xD
Yes, Venice could fit good for a romantic trip, but it's also an historical city, very very beautiful :) :)
About the prices...xD Believe me that in Venice there're many hotels, for example, very very expensive, for example.
xD

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
xD xD xD
Yes, Venice could fit good for a romantic trip, but it's also an historical city, very very beautiful :) :)
About the prices...xD Believe me that in Venice there're many hotels, for example, very very expensive, for example.
xD
I don't doubt there are some very expensive luxury hotels there but I'm not looking for luxury. A bed in a place that isn't a complete dump is enough for me since I'll be out exploring when I'm not sleeping.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I don't doubt there are some very expensive luxury hotels there but I'm not looking for luxury. A bed in a place that isn't a complete dump is enough for me since I'll be out exploring when I'm not sleeping.
Ad it's the best thing to do when you're on travel.
We're normal tourists, so we spend our team outside the hotel, to visit the places and to have fun.
So we don't need a 5 stars hotel.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Ad it's the best thing to do when you're on travel.
We're normal tourists, so we spend our team outside the hotel, to visit the places and to have fun.
So we don't need a 5 stars hotel.
Yeah, I've never understood people who go sit beside a pool in a hotel. When I'm on a trip, I want to see as much as possible. It's not like I have money for those luxury hotels either way though :laugh:

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yeah, I've never understood people who go sit beside a pool in a hotel. When I'm on a trip, I want to see as much as possible. It's not like I have money for those luxury hotels either way though :laugh:
ahhahaahahah for me too it's a problem to go in the 5 stars hotels ahahahahaha
But I think that if you want to visit, they are useless.
A good B&B is enough :)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Again, if you go to Venice plan a trip to Verona. Beautiful arena (colloseum), historic city with small streets and markets and a little castle atop a mountain with a great view on the city, the river and the stunning landscape. Worth a trip, believe me. And you and your buddy should grab a beer and check out the house of Romeo and Juliette. ;)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
When I went to Italy I went to Firenze, Venezia, and checked out the Leaning Tower of Pisa for a bit. It was part of a swing through Switzerland and Austria so that was all I got to see but it was amazing! Firenze in particular was mind blowing to me because I had played Assassin's Creed II recently and I recognized all the landmarks I had climbed in the game, lol.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Super Bunnyhop just released a video of his review of Playstation VR in the wake of the price cut. (some bad language)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

I do not recommend watching that. f***ing disgusting.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pleasantly happy with GoT. I always knew it would be as a great as everyone said. I started watching for the first time earlier last month and have steadily binged by way to halfway through season 6. I know I'm years late to the fray but I don't believe in waiting a year for another show that good to start. Better to get it in now when the premier is in July. The wait for Always Sunny In Philadelphia is excruciating and so too is the NHL playoffs.

Soon I wait no more. Come on July!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->