OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Has anyone here played Until Dawn? I just finished the game since it was free for PS4 last month. It was really cool and kind of creepy that one stupid mistake could kill one of the main characters. That's a game that definitely will be fun to play another time one day since the outcome could and most likely will be completely different.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's a somewhat unsatisfactory feeling to know that no matter what I do in life I'll never be as cool as Tien in Ong Bak 2 killing a crocodile in a death pit to a Skrillex song.

But very satisfying to watch

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Blockhead

Brickhead

not just a major brickhead, but a Duplo Brickhead.

I think we have a winner.

Well done, FP

That's...That's actually not too bad.

new avatar even...

ccb2bd15354ea38334815fb83c9fb020.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Duplo Brickhead sounds like a Max Headroom/Buster Poindexter 80's type character.

I can see that vibe. I was born early 80s so I know about them.

Other ideas I had from my best friend.

Lego maniac.
Magical portal
Master builder

And of course in the spirit of previous usernames.

Lateriphobia Catalyst

I also thought of "the special". But my wife was quick to let me know "you're not special".

giphy.gif

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Everybody in GoT right now has crazy plot armor, but I did find the twist with Ed Sheeran tonight interesting after him only getting really one scene last episode at the very end there. Basically he sacrifices himself to the white walkers so he'll be the one brought back to show Cersei.

Of course he's sentient, can talk, and his undead powers grew back his leg. The Night King seemed to bend his knee to him, so I guess that makes Ed the Night King now?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What a steaming pile of writing mess though. Deus ex machina and plot armor all over the place. Disappointing.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I sort of get why there's plot armor. It's too late in the series now to introduce new characters, but I was hoping for a real game changer in terms of fans expectations.

Also [spoil]Danys is Jon Snow's aunt.[/spoil] If they expect that to be a big twist, then they aren't respecting their audience.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I sort of get why there's plot armor. It's too late in the series now to introduce new characters, but I was hoping for a real game changer in terms of fans expectations.

Also [spoil]Danys is Jon Snow's aunt.[/spoil] If they expect that to be a big twist, then they aren't respecting their audience.
Re plot armor: it could have been done in a more subtle way IMO. Everything felt super rushed and every "turn of events" (there wasn't such thing) was so predictable.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Re plot armor: it could have been done in a more subtle way IMO. Everything felt super rushed and every "turn of events" (there wasn't such thing) was so predictable.

Cutting the number of episodes seemed to do them in.

It does make sense that they'd bring back the loose ends though (Gendry, Sansa's note, etc.). Since it's too late to introduce anybody really new, they go into the well and bring that stuff back.

However, that does mean less time for forward momentum. I'd have thought they'd lean the characters out with less time left, but they're keeping the bloat I guess until the final season. To their credit, they did kill off a bunch of characters in season 6, but they need to keep winnowing. What possible importance is really left for [spoil]Beric?[/spoil]

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I demand return of Xenophobia Catalyst

I did like that username but There is too much Xenophobia going on in the world right now. Don't need to have a Catalyst for more.

80s Space Guy

Not bad. But not that good either.

x0~*JakePauler2004*~0x
MinionManGru

Uh...no.

Right now I'm leaning towards Lateriphobia Catalyst with this as an avatar

36482847671_66a8818f45_o.gif

Duplo Brickhead Is still a possible backup

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
hf lightning sucks tbh

no activity

and you all just roast me on the main boards

tbh if you don't like it here

showing_you_the_door_24056.jpg

But seriously not sure what you want. It is the offseason. Hockey is not a 24/7/365 thing. Why not go to some of the sub forums. Entertainment, wrestling, geek emporium, lots to look at.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah, Dom these are pretty lean times. You'll notice a lot of posters take breaks in the offseason like Gongshow (although you'll find him in hf wrestling year around) along with others like SAI, DFC, Wolf and Macho Man. They will will post on occasion but when there's real good stuff going on you're gonna see them. I can't speak for all of them but I have discovered they are not big fans of month old left overs. They want fresh meat and unfortunately the NHL stops serving dinner about 2 weeks after free agency. Then it's the dog days of August until we get to training camp.

But then there's a few others like myself Nick, Cat Bowser and Toad who are here year around no matter what. We love bull for the sake of bull.

Pull up a seat brother. I'm about to tell about that one time I ate a BBQ steak sandwich, onion fries and hot wings at Jared's Rib House and then made the biggest mistake of my life when I ordered Pete's Wicked Ale to go down with all that A1 sauce.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cutting the number of episodes seemed to do them in.

It does make sense that they'd bring back the loose ends though (Gendry, Sansa's note, etc.). Since it's too late to introduce anybody really new, they go into the well and bring that stuff back.

However, that does mean less time for forward momentum. I'd have thought they'd lean the characters out with less time left, but they're keeping the bloat I guess until the final season. To their credit, they did kill off a bunch of characters in season 6, but they need to keep winnowing. What possible importance is really left for [spoil]Beric?[/spoil]
[spoil]We still don't know much about the Lord of Light and his resurrection shenanigans. I think he'll be somehow involved in the Azor Ahai revelation that's bound to happen some time down the road. Some more interaction with Mel and Jon should be happening too.

Also, we need more super cool fiery sword action brah!!1[/spoil]

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
hf lightning sucks tbh

no activity

and you all just roast me on the main boards

Yup, like others said it's that time of year when there's just not much to talk about.

I have NHL for winter and F1 for summer, they keep me busy the whole year. Except when F1 goes to the summer break (which ends this weekend :yo:).

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah, Dom these are pretty lean times. You'll notice a lot of posters take breaks in the offseason like Gongshow (although you'll find him in hf wrestling year around) along with others like SAI, DFC, Wolf and Macho Man. They will will post on occasion but when there's real good stuff going on you're gonna see them. I can't speak for all of them but I have discovered they are not big fans of month old left overs. They want fresh meat and unfortunately the NHL stops serving dinner about 2 weeks after free agency. Then it's the dog days of August until we get to training camp.

But then there's a few others like myself Nick, Cat Bowser and Toad who are here year around no matter what. We love bull for the sake of bull.

Pull up a seat brother. I'm about to tell about that one time I ate a BBQ steak sandwich, onion fries and hot wings at Jared's Rib House and then made the biggest mistake of my life when I ordered Pete's Wicked Ale to go down with all that A1 sauce.
I'm just confused on why people from this subforum are roasting me in the hedman thread I made, it was a serious thread asking if he is overrated. I know we all recognize how elite the guy is and I wanted to see some other opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->