OT: The lighter side - a place to laugh through the Pandemic

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Played the Links 6 times last fall, what a course (also Cabot Links and Cliffs, woohoo), 12 was into the wind every day.

Ah yes, number twelve, the bane of my existence. First time I played it, got a birdie, have never had one again on 12 after several dozen rounds. This hole used to flood every spring but since they built the berm along the Clyde River and re-aligned the cart path, it's has stayed dry.

Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs are world class golf courses. A 9 hole par 3 is being built as an addition to Cabot and a 3rd 18 hole course is being planned as well. The owners even tried to have a small airport built to accommodate fly in golf tourists but it was rejected by the local people/government.

Reactions: meefer

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
AR-200409605.jpg&Maxw=800&q=62

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Sorta OT, but I'm curious what marketing Zoom did to come out of nowhere to immediately become the default video conferencing software for everyone. I'm reasonably internet savvy and I never heard of these guys before the quarantine.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sorta OT, but I'm curious what marketing Zoom did to come out of nowhere to immediately become the default video conferencing software for everyone. I'm reasonably internet savvy and I never heard of these guys before the quarantine.
Me as well.
Conspiracy theory of the day, Zoom was behind COVID

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

I've had a home based office managing remote teams for years. Zoom is something we have used frequently before COVID. I want to say that I've used it for about 5 years before but don't quote me on that.

We used SKYPE and ZOOM for meetings as well as for virtual customer sessions/webinars.

SKYPE is ok but can't support near the number of users that Zoom could. And Video quality appears better on Zoom. I can run a webinar with 1,000 folks on ZOOM.

FACETIME was a nice personal option for connecting with family and friends but business wise, most companies don't run on the Mac OS.

Probably a perfect storm of an immediate exploding need and a flexible platform with business tool integration (ie. Calendar). Cost model is reasonable too.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad