Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I just saw the highlights of the last few games.

Well, If San Jose wins the Cup, they can thank NHL and they dumb rules and officials.

Game 7 against Vegas, the major that wasn't a major
Game 7 against Colorado, the offside for a player who was already on the bench in his mind and do not participate to the play

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That Meier goal:

tenor.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Johansson keeps making plays. Though the whole not shooting from the top of the slot part was eerily familiar

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Mojo is going to cash in this offseason. Good for him, the amount of crap he took from Caps fans was embarrassing.
Bs fans seem to love him, based on their board. Bruins don't seem to have a winger like him - high skill, play-making oriented, good vision finesse guy. And he and Coyle really seem to have complementary skill sets. So the Bruins fans seem a lot more enthused about what MoJo is, than pissed off about what he isn't.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Carolina has a narrow margin for error. They were hitting on all cylinders while the Caps weren't. That's what we have talked about. The Canes were not the better team but the better playing team. The only players the Caps must replace are players that cant be relied on to play better next season. Carolina is going to have to go some next season to make the playoffs again

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Carolina has a narrow margin for error. They were hitting on all cylinders while the Caps weren't. That's what we have talked about. The Canes were not the better team but the better playing team. The only players the Caps must replace are players that cant be relied on to play better next season. Carolina is going to have to go some next season to make the playoffs again

My pick to drop out next season is the Islanders. Canes, with that defense, should be a playoff team for the next little while.

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My pick to drop out next season is the Islanders. Canes, with that defense, should be a playoff team for the next little while.

The Islanders certainly could falter. They also have some hard to explain goaltending. If I had to pick 2, I would pick them both. Could be neither regress. I am just saying that when the spell washes off after this season that both of those teams could struggle. At least for the short term.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The Islanders certainly could falter. They also have some hard to explain goaltending. If I had to pick 2, I would pick them both. Could be neither regress. I am just saying that when the spell washes off after this season that both of those teams could struggle. At least for the short term.

Islander UFA's: Eberle, Nelson, Lee, Filpulla, Kuhnackle, Lehner. D is locked up but that is gonna be a completely different looking team next season, especially if they don't re-sign Lehner.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I agree with txpd, I've said since our ouster, that I'll be surprised if Carolina makes the playoffs next year. They certainly could, but I actually expect a drop off from their goaltending. Their defense is good but I don't expect everyone to have a good year coming back. If I had to bet my life, my playoff teams for next year would be:

Atlantic:
1)Tampa
2)Boston
3)Tortoto
4)Florida

Metro:
1)Washington
2)Pittsburgh
3)NYI
4)Philadelphia

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Theory:

The Canes were missing 2 or 3 reg season players and were replaced by fresher/hungrier players who stuck to the D script. Mrazek played above his head at times, a bounce here, a non-call there, Holtby not being clutch in G7 on the shorty, questionable OT coaching decision. blah blah. If we play that series 10 times, the Caps win 9 of them which is why everyone was so disappointed.

Now that Svech, Ferland, etc are back in the line-up, some days off after the sweep, I think the chemistry is gone. Mrazek looking like swiss cheese yesterday didn't help. haha What was Brindamore thinking keeping him in? Talk about coaching gaffs.

Anyway, hope Vladdy and the Blues D show up tonight.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->