Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
CBus is very strong. But I cannot help but think Tampa running into the Caps late in the season, was the last thing they needed. The seed of doubt got planted as they got abused in all aspects.

Their G got torched. Ovi got his 50th. Fans thought Cernak could stand up to Willy. Hedman got knocked out, and that's a big deal. We are struggling to fill the skates of a 2nd pair guy this after adding a quality piece at the deadline.

f*** shitsburgh. If we can get past a pesky Cane team, we will be facing my vision of a goalie of the future.... Lard Ass. If times get tough fans can throw food on the ice.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I’m scared about the current series and at this point, i don’t think we could beat NYI
On the other hand, Carolina has been a superior possession team in comparison to NYI so should the Caps prevail the dynamics will change a bit. But it'll be physical and a battle of wills that thus far we don't really know if much of the team is up for. It's beyond time for them to prove that they indeed are.

It's not really fatalism, just an observation of quality of play thus far.

Reactions: Heath

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So what franchise is in bigger trouble going forward, Pitt or TB?
Penguins obviously. Tampa is poised for another strong season next year. Point (RFA) and Stralman (UFA) are really the only core pieces that are on expiring deals. Got a lot of depth to replace (especially on D), but they'll still be contending for their division title at least.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Have been watching Columbus players interviews: believing in ourselves, have been pushing whole year, going through adversary. Reminds me a lot of the Caps of last year. I think they can make a damage in the playoffs and go deep.

We need to take business of canes. I'm suddenly scared of this year's playoffs. So unpredictable... Although it might be hockey gods are smiling at us...

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
What a great night so far. Come on Blues!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad