Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Vegas has now been structurally damaged. That choke job wont wash off. Up 3 to 1 in games and then 3 to 0 in game 7 and lose?? OMG. Fire McPhee now and change the name of the team.

lol

That’s brutal. Feel bad for the honest fans of that team, gotta be crushing to the Nth degree.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I hate to clutter the thread, but Vegas has earned the requisite gif

tenor.gif

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Man I'm happy Vegas lost. Screw GMGM. I didn't always hate him that much. After years of him hoarding his nuts and "we like our team" bs to trade Forsberg for magic beans to try to save his job. Then he had the favorable expansion rules and he quickly got overrated from it. So glad he had to watch the Caps win their first cup in his building. Oh and Reaves sucks. End rant

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
All the years GMGM was here he wouldn't trade a legit prospect until Forsberg, this year he trades 2 (though they extended Patches and Stone) with the 2nd worst record among playoff teams and lose in the 1st round.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
We can don't like Vegas, but we can admit that they got jobbed last night. Imagine if it happens to Caps, I'd be so f furious lol
Write that one off as karma and move on.

I don't think it's that bad looking at it again. I originally thought Patches just bumped into him off the faceoff scramble, but Patches was coming in to finish him off and he definitely gave him a good shove downwards. I would not disagree with a ref if they call a Major on someone getting their brains scramble from the ice due to a cross check like Eakin's. Gets a little weird when someone else is involved though.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It was long past due that Vegas fans meet the harsh reality of being an NHL fan.

Yeah f*** Vegas!! Listening the Marchassault whine post game was the best thing ever.

Went to bed after the 3rd Vegas goal, boy was I mad when I woke up in the middle of the night and checked the score. First game all season post season I didn't finish watching. :(

I blame the pollen which was killing my eyes.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah **** Vegas!! Listening the Marchassault whine post game was the best thing ever.

Went to bed after the 3rd Vegas goal, boy was I mad when I woke up in the middle of the night and checked the score. First game all season post season I didn't finish watching. :(

I blame the pollen which was killing my eyes.

I tapped out after the first period, ASSuming that first goal was the backbreaker, they often seem to be.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
In hindsight, would have been better to call a double minor. One to Eakin for the cross-check, one to Stastny for the second load of lumber that knocked Pavs onto his head. But I can't really fault them for seeing a prone Pavs, not known as a flopper or embellisher, and some evident head blood and deciding it warrants a major. I'd guess that if the score was already 3-2, instead of 3-0, it might not have been a major.

But WTF Vegans - nobody made you give up 4 goals in 4 minutes other than your shaky D (their team D sucks when they're on their heels) and your suddenly mortal goalie. That collapse is on you.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I tapped out after the first period, ASSuming that first goal was the backbreaker, they often seem to be.

I was literally snoring and managed to wake up right before the call was made. That series is going on the history books or future DVDs for top NHL playoff series. I haven't checked to see if Eakin had a press interview, but boy does that have to sting.

Reactions: RandyHolt

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
In hindsight, would have been better to call a double minor. One to Eakin for the cross-check, one to Stastny for the second load of lumber that knocked Pavs onto his head. But I can't really fault them for seeing a prone Pavs, not known as a flopper or embellisher, and some evident head blood and deciding it warrants a major. I'd guess that if the score was already 3-2, instead of 3-0, it might not have been a major.

But WTF Vegans - nobody made you give up 4 goals in 4 minutes other than your shaky D (their team D sucks when they're on their heels) and your suddenly mortal goalie. That collapse is on you.

The strange thing to me was it was the great 2 way player Stone that led to that GWG for SJ. I like Stone though, so I do feel bad for him not Vegas though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That double minor would have been a 5 on 3 which in retrospect would have been better for Vegas than the major but statistically its easier to kill a 5 on 4 for 5 mins than a full 2 min 5 on 3.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Yeah - so then you could have put the double minor on Eakin alone, if you wanted to give them a 4 minute man advantage that could be cut short with 2 goals. Again, I think refs would have thought about it harder if the score hadn't been 3-0.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
We can not like Vegas, but we can admit that they got jobbed last night. Imagine if it happens to Caps, I'd be so f furious lol

I just watched the post series interview and I'm glad players are calling out the NHL and the officials. It's about time, imho. It's been a joke for the past 10 years and getting worse. That said, Vegas could have put it away and didn't. Just a reminder to all the teams you have to be careful to get overly zealous about hits and taking penalties with a lead. I'm not sure how to resolve the officiating, however I don't want instant replay in penalty calls. The players get fined, maybe it's time officials get fined for being terrible.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Worst PK ever. Vegas has only itself to blame. And yeah, the play looked dirty as **** in live action and the player was knocked out cold lying on the ice and bleeding from the head. Hard to fault the refs on that.

Yep and I had to watch it over and over. Sooner or later this kind of stuff and player safety is going to lead to another lockout.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Eh, bloodied head from an illegal hit which either Knight could have been tagged with and that results in a Major in a lot of cases.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Now that we're out, here what I want to see:

LIKE Columbus: our little Met brother, this year will probably their only shot at it
Colorado: I liked the Avs during the Forsberg, Sakic and Roy years

INDIFFERENT Boston
Dallas
San Jose

MUST NOT WIN NYI traditional rival who poached our coach
Carolina cannot allow an expansion team to have more Cups than us

REALLY MUST NOT WIN St Louis they must be kept out of the Cup club, at all costs. If they win it cheapens our championship run last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->