The LEGO Thread

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The pride of Denmark, rich kids, and man-children everywhere.

Discuss sets you own, sets you want, basically whatever.

For me the price has always been prohibitive, so I only had loose bricks as a kid and haven't been able to justify purchases as an adult...but I definitely window shop. That Simpsons house set was hard to say no to.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
5050060-21313_Prod_L-bh1quCg5HOSa-A-thumbnail-full.jpg

This is coming out Feb 1, is reasonably priced, and would make a great display piece. Definitely buying this one.

Lego Ideas sets are pretty great. I am slowly trying to build a nice little Beatles concert scene using the figs from 2016's Yellow Submarine.

Reactions: tacogeoff

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

This is coming out Feb 1, is reasonably priced, and would make a great display piece. Definitely buying this one.

Lego Ideas sets are pretty great. I am slowly trying to build a nice little Beatles concert scene using the figs from 2016's Yellow Submarine.

I'm going to get this one too. I have to build the Saturn V yet, but this one is gorgeous. Happy birthday to me!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The pride of Denmark, rich kids, and man-children everywhere.

Discuss sets you own, sets you want, basically whatever.

For me the price has always been prohibitive, so I only had loose bricks as a kid and haven't been able to justify purchases as an adult...but I definitely window shop. That Simpsons house set was hard to say no to.
I was toying with the idea of getting the SHIELD Hellicarrier since it came out. Just can't justify spending multiple hundreds of dollars (plus a bunch more on the electrical set up, which I know I would make myself buy) for a set of Lego, regardless of how sweet it is.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I haven't bought a larger set in a long time, but have a pretty decent collection from my childhood. I like to keep up on the newer sets and look at MOCs from time to time. I usually get a few of the collectible minifigures from each release. Really wish they would've came up with that idea a long time ago.

Dream set that I never had would probably be one of the space monorail sets, either Futuron or Unitron, or Eldorado Fortress from the original Pirates line. Prices are crazy on the monorail sets. I'm surprised they've never released another space monorail set since the Unitron one, but classic space is pretty non existent with the Star Wars license.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Ghostbusters Ecto 1 was the first Lego set I bought in maybe 15 years.

After that I decided I needed all the Avengers.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I have been eyeing that one up and the back to the future delorean.
I have both. Wish I would have bought multiples of the DeLorean so I could flip them now, last I looked they were going for $125 bucks a shot. Crazy for such a small set, even though it is amazing.

I also wish I would have had 3 DeLoreans at least, simply so I could have one with the mods from each film. But oh well, I have it and its amazing.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The Ghostbusters Ecto 1 was the first Lego set I bought in maybe 15 years.

After that I decided I needed all the Avengers.
The Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ is an amazing set, too. LEGO really did the original series a service with how accurate and charming the sets are. They even made it so you could park the Ecto-1 inside of the HQ, and it comes with a sweet Slimer minifig, to boot.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Never had Lego as a child so I am one of those Man childs who now buys (or gets them as gifts) the sets. I have:

2 Y-Wing Sets (original and recent re-release)
B-Wing
Driod Bomber
Snow Speeder
Rey's Speeder
Buckingham Palace
Handful of lose minifigures (mostly super heroes)

Though it is not Lego the most expensive set in my house is my wife's Large Hockey Rink from OYO (hers is the Avalanche though).

maxresdefault.jpg

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I have a slew of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series sets. Expensive hobby.

Original UCS X-Wing
UCS Y-Wing
Original UCS Snowspeeder
UCS Rebel Blockade Runner
Original UCS AT-ST walker
UCS Tie Interceptor
UCS Vader's TIE Advanced
UCS Star Destroyer (the 3' model)
UCS Super Star Destroyer (4.5', haven't gotten around to opening this yet)

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I have a slew of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series sets. Expensive hobby.

Original UCS X-Wing
UCS Y-Wing
Original UCS Snowspeeder
UCS Rebel Blockade Runner
Original UCS AT-ST walker
UCS Tie Interceptor
UCS Vader's TIE Advanced
UCS Star Destroyer (the 3' model)
UCS Super Star Destroyer (4.5', haven't gotten around to opening this yet)
I’ve got the Slave-1, the Sandcrawler, the new Snowspeeder, and now the Millennium Falcon, as far as Star Wars sets go. My girlfriend got me the Tumbler from The Dark Knight for Valentine’s Day a few years back, and I picked up the Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ a couple years back.

My philosophy with LEGO is buying a big set once or twice per year. It’ll take me a while to build the set, and by then I’ll have blisters on my fingers so I’ll need some time away from the bricks. Plus I’ll need the time to save up for another set since this hobby is stupidly expensive, for whatever reason.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Stolen from Reddit for scale.....

etjPgEg1N6ZvV9w3bsA66Hhz2Xa7jysn4Pib2hXC17Q.jpg

I have seen people built into a coffee table display, and that is about the only thing you can do with it. Where else could anybody possible display this?

Pics of the Infinity War sets....should we not discuss them because spoilers? They will be on store shelves soon enough and as People of the Lego I think we all understand sets have inherent spoilers...

I already did a Lego binge and have collected basically all of the Avengers already, so these sets don't interest me a whole lot. I might get the Thanos one just so I can get the Gauntlet piece, but none of these sets are must-haves. Maybe the movie will inspire me to want to collect the villains, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Novacane

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I had all the Aquazone LEGOs except for the big base. I honestly don't think I've ever wanted anything in life more than I wanted that.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I had all the Aquazone LEGOs except for the big base. I honestly don't think I've ever wanted anything in life more than I wanted that.
Totally forgot about that group of sets! I had the shark set, and I think that actually might’ve been my first set ever. Good times playing with that bad boy.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Did you pick this set up yet? I’d love to hear how this build goes. I’m thinking this’ll probably be my next buy, whenever I get in the mood to build again.

View media item 1253Finished this big guy last night. What a fun build it was.
That’s a gorgeous set, for sure. Lots of detail there, and it looks larger than I thought it would be.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Current me wishes younger me hadn't lost some of the sets/pieces, before most of the normal Lego sets got boring as shit and/or cross-branded.

I'm talking the original city or castle sets, and the only place to find better Technic sets is on Amazon. However, that does save me money, and I have no room for more things until I get a house, so...

Old me still wishes I had all my Voltron, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, and Transformers too.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I also just finished the Saturn V rocket; was very surprised with how big it ended up & don't really have a place to keep it... but it was a fun 6-8 hours spread over a few nights (and a couple of work breaks when I needed to decompress...).

I'm notoriously hard to shop for so I think the GF has fallen back to "legos if I cant think of anything else" and, as a 31 year old, I couldn't be happier about it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->