TV: The Leftovers

The Fuhr*

New HBO show beginning June 15th
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/547411/20140409/leftovers-teaser-spoilers-hbo.htm#.U0WF3429Kc0

Looks awesome... About life after the rapture...

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
HBO is the bomb, I'll give pretty much any original drama series from them a chance.

*Also: to the OP, the premiere is June 29, not June 15.

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
I've been pretty pumped for this ever since I saw Lindelof was attached. I know he gets a lot of hate, but Lost is still one of my favorite shows and I can't wait to see what he'll do with this, especially on HBO.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
The trailer I posted above was the new one however I find the first one to be a lot better. In case anyone was judging the show based on Trailer 2.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
The book is great, highly recommended to anyone interested in the premise. Quick and breezy read, plenty of time to read it before the premiere.

Margaret Trudeau*

It looked interesting, then it was from a creator of lost.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I never cared for Lost either, like at all, but I don't know why you'd instantly write this off, it's something different, at least I think, based of a novella of some sort. Cast looks good too.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Well, that was about as ****ed up as I'd expected.

My phone rang toward the end, so if someone could help me out -- the young guy with the shaved head who was with Wayne is the police chief's son, correct?

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009

My phone rang toward the end, so if someone could help me out -- the young guy with the shaved head who was with Wayne is the police chief's son, correct?

Correct.

That was a pretty fantastic pilot. Can't wait to see more.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Yeah, it's his son.

I don't really understand what's going on with his wife (I guess we're not supposed to) but I thought that she disappeared because of the short flashback they showed while he was at the bar.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Correct.

That was a pretty fantastic pilot. Can't wait to see more.

Yeah, it's his son.

I don't really understand what's going on with his wife (I guess we're not supposed to) but I thought that she disappeared because of the short flashback they showed while he was at the bar.

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, seemed like they were deliberately trying to disorient the audience as sort of a tone-setter. I thought it was his son who disappeared when the daughter is looking at the old photo, but that's when my phone rang so I wasn't sure.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
The thing with the dogs and the dude in the pickup is confusing.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, seemed like they were deliberately trying to disorient the audience as sort of a tone-setter. I thought it was his son who disappeared when the daughter is looking at the old photo, but that's when my phone rang so I wasn't sure.
No one from the core family disappeared. Dad is the police chief, the Mom is the woman in the cult that he went to see at the end, son is in the black guy's cult, daughter...well that was clear at least.

Edit: Not sure about the quick flashback. Maybe a woman he was having an affair with?

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
The thing with the dogs and the dude in the pickup is confusing.
Yeah, I guess they were trying to show that certain dogs went feral after Oct. 14. And that random guy apparently spends most of his free time walking around with a rifle and shooting them. Nice hobby.

Given how generally disturbing and bizarre the episode was, it was good that they threw at least *one* scene of levity in there.

"The Pope, I get... but Gary ****ing Busey?"

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Haha. Gary Busey made it. No idea what it is he made, but go Busey!

HBO has seemingly done it again. That was really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad