The Leafs will come back and win this series

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
The series isnt over until someone wins 4 games. There is a large hill to climb here, but Toronto going home may shift the tide a bit. With that said something drastic needs to change for this series to turn around. Hopefully a Babcock scolding with a subsequent inspiring speech and drastic line rearrangement will change this teams fortunes.

Andersen needs to be our best player the rest of the way, followed by Matthews and Rielly. Hopefully Marner and Nylander pick up their socks, and Babs lets Johnsson and Kapanen off their leash.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
finally a thread i can get behind!! :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

enough of the negativity!! its an uphill battle, but i believe in my team still! GO LEAFS!

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
will be real telling game tomorrow evening cant wait to see how this young core responds i know they have the heart to do it. I just wonder if their lack of experience in these moments will be too great

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The series isn't over by a mile. Good teams win on home ice, like how we did this year. We have been playing like ass both games but the Leafs can be ALOT better then what they have shown.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
The memory of the great Pat Quinn and his beautiful playoff teams (Belfour, Domi, Tucker, Sundin, McCabe, Roberts, Corson, Mogilny, Nolan etc greats) is still alive and well. Pat Quinn is looking down on us and still giving that great breath on us. The man's legacy will make us better and all those great memories of those great battles in the eastern conference. Almost finals. Remember those teams and before that Clark Gilmour and Pat Burns. The mind will get stronger and make our rear ends bursting with fighting spirit. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs and our identity is to give the best entertainment and hockey of ALL TIME. It still lives in our memories. If we right now think of it, it'll make our minds stronger. Think about it. So will the players and babcock. Lou already knows.

Our great, legendary team will bounce back in game 3 and show the whole wide world. We have the identity of fighting the best battle in toronto when the time comes. Y'all gon learn and see to that. We rock hard on that mother with our puffs and stuffs. Like the guns of navarone we will puff that fire tomorrow. Others will learn. Boston Bruins will pay the price as we check our way thru the wall and storming thunder of pucks and hits. We don't even need our great komarovs etc. We will have others. Matt Martin will step in and do something special. Babcock will too, he will change that whole thang off. Bounce on the walls like Polak will. Polak will do something quinnian special too, he'll show again that he learned from the best (Domi, Tucker etc). For Pat Quinn's memory, we will see the best maple leafs performance we ain't seen 14 years in the playoffs. We are that out of this world. We ain't going no where, others will learn tomorrow. We gon show our rear ends off and it's like that.

You need some more material. This Ghetto Rapper character isn't cutting it anymore. Re-invent yourself. Create some new characters that you can play.

How about a talking octapus that attacks a pirate ship?

Or what about a jungle tribe leader that invades Parliament Hill?

So many possibilities.

Your run was pretty god but it's expired now.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Hear, hear. The OP and his father sound like great people. Hopefully they can inspire the rest of us with some positivity!
im a positive guy, but im also pragmatic so if i see something i dont like i will say it. that being said, i have faith in these guys!!! and anytime i get down about it i just think about 3 years ago then im all good again.

leafs still got a shot, and even if they lose this series i still look at this as another learning experience. most great empires arent built overnight. shanny sees our issues and i will bet he tries his best to fix them in the off-season regardless of the outcome here.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Anything can happen. They need to do the unexpected I think. They need to play, fast and be relentless.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
On paper, I wouldn't discount them yet. But from their interviews and their play they look like they've already accepted a loss. They look mentally defeated.

So even though I was very positive after the first game, I'm not anymore. Even if they win a game, i don't see them winning 4 of 5.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
im a positive guy, but im also pragmatic so if i see something i dont like i will say it. that being said, i have faith in these guys!!! and anytime i get down about it i just think about 3 years ago then im all good again.

leafs still got a shot, and even if they lose this series i still look at this as another learning experience. most great empires arent built overnight. shanny sees our issues and i will bet he tries his best to fix them in the off-season regardless of the outcome here.

At this point I just want to see some push back from the Leafs. Seems to me that in the first two games they weren't ready to win the one on one battles. Seeing a few players try to bail out of hits was very frustrating to watch.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
On paper, I wouldn't discount them yet. But from their interviews and their play they look like they've already accepted a loss. They look mentally defeated.

So even though I was very positive after the first game, I'm not anymore. Even if they win a game, i don't see them winning 4 of 5.
i was talking about this last night, outside of a few players(doughty for example) very few players show the same emotion in interviews they used to..i remember when vets used to fire off in post game after that kinda stinker. i loved when a veteran would come out and rip himself and his team for how they played, to me it showed they cared and were angry and fired up. in this age of social media and sensitivity it just doesnt happen anymore. its too bad but its just they way the game is now..very little personality.

what im getting at is i wouldnt read too much into their frame of mind solely by listening to the interviews given. lets see how they respond on the ice...that will be the true litmus test on whether or not they have conceded(which i sincerely dont believe they have)

go leafs!

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
At this point I just want to see some push back from the Leafs. Seems to me that in the first two games they weren't ready to win the one on one battles. Seeing a few players try to bail out of hits was very frustrating to watch.
last year i wanted them to start on the road..this year i knew home ice was gonna be huge. i was really hoping for a split in boston but it wasnt in the cards. now we just have to win both here! but we are capable as our home record would indicate (29 - 10 - 2) and the last half of the season we were the best home team in the nhl:thumbu:

win next game and its a series. in every 7 gamer one team has to be down 2 - 1 at a certain point

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The memory of the great Pat Quinn and his beautiful playoff teams (Belfour, Domi, Tucker, Sundin, McCabe, Roberts, Corson, Mogilny, Nolan etc greats) is still alive and well. Pat Quinn is looking down on us and still giving that great breath on us. The man's legacy will make us better and all those great memories of those great battles in the eastern conference. Almost finals. Remember those teams and before that Clark Gilmour and Pat Burns. The mind will get stronger and make our rear ends bursting with fighting spirit. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs and our identity is to give the best entertainment and hockey of ALL TIME. It still lives in our memories. If we right now think of it, it'll make our minds stronger. Think about it. So will the players and babcock. Lou already knows.

Our great, legendary team will bounce back in game 3 and show the whole wide world. We have the identity of fighting the best battle in toronto when the time comes. Y'all gon learn and see to that. We rock hard on that mother with our puffs and stuffs. Like the guns of navarone we will puff that fire tomorrow. Others will learn. Boston Bruins will pay the price as we check our way thru the wall and storming thunder of pucks and hits. We don't even need our great komarovs etc. We will have others. Matt Martin will step in and do something special. Babcock will too, he will change that whole thang off. Bounce on the walls like Polak will. Polak will do something quinnian special too, he'll show again that he learned from the best (Domi, Tucker etc). For Pat Quinn's memory, we will see the best maple leafs performance we ain't seen 14 years in the playoffs. We are that out of this world. We ain't going no where, others will learn tomorrow. We gon show our rear ends off and it's like that.

Reactions: Eb

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

what interview were you watching?
i was seeing the ones on tsn, and they were basically saying well, it sucked but we have to move on and really do well on home ice. they didn't sound like they accepted a loss. I mean Andy looked the same to me, Bozak looked loose.

if Andersen can make some saves this team is very capable of winning 4 of 5.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
To be honest I don’t think Boston has completely dominated the first 2 games. Pretty sure Toronto out shot them game 2. Boston had a lot of bounces go their way and a few blown calls.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
To be honest I don’t think Boston has completely dominated the first 2 games. Pretty sure Toronto out shot them game 2. Boston had a lot of bounces go their way and a few blown calls.
first game we played badly no question..second game was pure shellshock then we played pretty well..just gotta make it count on the scoresheet

Reactions: Menzinger

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yeah.

As long as they can avoid giving up any easy goals early on things will be fine.
for sure, even in game 1..that marner pp goal goes in and its a completely different game. if im babs im spending practice the next 2 days just working on the penalty kill lol

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad