The Leafs will come back and win this series

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
It's very cliche but they just need to take it one game at a time. Win the next game. I think they can do it.

The big x factor for me is Andersen. We've had poor goaltending in the first two games. No way you win with bad goaltending.

Hainsey and Zaitsev need to play reduced and sheltered minutes, they're struggling. Maybe consider bringing up Borgman, who plays with an edge and is the most NHL ready among Marlies dmen.

If we win two at home we build confidence and go back to TD with that confidence plus the return of Kadri.

Zaitsev has been piss-poor. He should be benched but the Leafs have nobody to replace him.

Dermott is a young man on an island because he plays with Polak.

And both Rielly and Gardiner can be seen trying to do too much on their own on several occasions.

As a result, the entire team D has been a disaster, to put it nicely.

Ergo, the blame should not be placed on the goaltending.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I gotta say I'm really down about the Leafs situation but I love to see so much positivism going on here.

I didn't log back on here after the first period last night until mid day today because I thought the depression would just get compounded. Did some spring cleaning instead.

So thank you to this forum for not completely freaking out (I mean this Leafs forum, I won't be looking at the main board for a bit I don't even want to know)

Just watching the Pens/Flyers game and Pens are up 4-0 (this was a few minutes ago) and just realized, every single series accept this Pens/Flyers and potentially CBJ series the away team is down 2-0. And now Flyers are getting thumped.

It's not normal is what I'm saying. Something will give, a team or two will surely come back and make a series closer than what it looks like right now.

Maybe the Leafs can do that.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We've been dominate on home ice, and I expect a lot of pushback Monday. We win Game 3 and anything can happen.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
The memory of the great Pat Quinn and his beautiful playoff teams (Belfour, Domi, Tucker, Sundin, McCabe, Roberts, Corson, Mogilny, Nolan etc greats) is still alive and well. Pat Quinn is looking down on us and still giving that great breath on us. The man's legacy will make us better and all those great memories of those great battles in the eastern conference. Almost finals. Remember those teams and before that Clark Gilmour and Pat Burns. The mind will get stronger and make our rear ends bursting with fighting spirit. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs and our identity is to give the best entertainment and hockey of ALL TIME. It still lives in our memories. If we right now think of it, it'll make our minds stronger. Think about it. So will the players and babcock. Lou already knows.

Our great, legendary team will bounce back in game 3 and show the whole wide world. We have the identity of fighting the best battle in toronto when the time comes. Y'all gon learn and see to that. We rock hard on that mother with our puffs and stuffs. Like the guns of navarone we will puff that fire tomorrow. Others will learn. Boston Bruins will pay the price as we check our way thru the wall and storming thunder of pucks and hits. We don't even need our great komarovs etc. We will have others. Matt Martin will step in and do something special. Babcock will too, he will change that whole thang off. Bounce on the walls like Polak will. Polak will do something quinnian special too, he'll show again that he learned from the best (Domi, Tucker etc). For Pat Quinn's memory, we will see the best maple leafs performance we ain't seen 14 years in the playoffs. We are that out of this world. We ain't going no where, others will learn tomorrow. We gon show our rear ends off and it's like that.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Zaitsev has been piss-poor. He should be benched but the Leafs have nobody to replace him.

Dermott is a young man on an island because he plays with Polak.

And both Rielly and Gardiner can be seen trying to do too much on their own on several occasions.

As a result, the entire team D has been a disaster, to put it nicely.

Ergo, the blame should not be placed on the goaltending.
Anyone actually blaming the goalie, particularly in Game 2, has an agenda. Period. It was all on our D coverage. Tape doesn't lie.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
im staying dark on this one, I Just cant see it we got totally dominated and no one answered the bell, and yes I predicted the leafs in 6, the leafs just broke my spirit. our goalies just keep getting lit up, they are hitting us all over the ice, no one wants to step up, our D are a total mess home ice or not we are getting swept:( and it really sucks, because #$&% the Bruins.

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
For everyone in this thread who still believes in this team I give you a sincere thank-you. Stuck at home today due to this ice storm, I was reading through the posts and my eyes started to well up with tears. My father saw me, came over and read over my shoulder. He just smiled and patted me on the shoulder. He assured me that all true Leafs fans will be rewarded after this series, he's so confident, it's inspiring!

Chin up Leafs Nation! It takes 4 wins.

:handclap: 1
:handclap: 2
:handclap: 3
:handclap: 4

Reactions: Rob Brown

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
The memory of the great Pat Quinn and his beautiful playoff teams (Belfour, Domi, Tucker, Sundin, McCabe, Roberts, Corson, Mogilny, Nolan etc greats) is still alive and well. Pat Quinn is looking down on us and still giving that great breath on us. The man's legacy will make us better and all those great memories of those great battles in the eastern conference. Almost finals. Remember those teams and before that Clark Gilmour and Pat Burns. The mind will get stronger and make our rear ends bursting with fighting spirit. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs and our identity is to give the best entertainment and hockey of ALL TIME. It still lives in our memories. If we right now think of it, it'll make our minds stronger. Think about it. So will the players and babcock. Lou already knows.

Our great, legendary team will bounce back in game 3 and show the whole wide world. We have the identity of fighting the best battle in toronto when the time comes. Y'all gon learn and see to that. We rock hard on that mother with our puffs and stuffs. Like the guns of navarone we will puff that fire tomorrow. Others will learn. Boston Bruins will pay the price as we check our way thru the wall and storming thunder of pucks and hits. We don't even need our great komarovs etc. We will have others. Matt Martin will step in and do something special. Babcock will too, he will change that whole thang off. Bounce on the walls like Polak will. Polak will do something quinnian special too, he'll show again that he learned from the best (Domi, Tucker etc). For Pat Quinn's memory, we will see the best maple leafs performance we ain't seen 14 years in the playoffs. We are that out of this world. We ain't going no where, others will learn tomorrow. We gon show our rear ends off and it's like that.

I'm surprised you've been able to keep up your schtick for this long lol

You need a new hobby though, this one is getting stale.. time to evolve and come up with a new schtick, my friend

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

All losses are not made equal.
They didn't merely lose the first two games, they were absolutely dominated in every sense.
It's going to take Matthews, Nylander, Andersen, Gardiner and Babcock all doing a 180 with their contributions to even take this series past 4 games.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I remember when Drew Doughty was talking about the Leafs not being contenders yet because of team D. He said players have to want to play both sides of the puck, to clog lanes, to be willing to sacrifice their bodies to block shots. He said forwards have to want to get back, because you’re supposed to hate getting scored on. It’s just a mentality someone has or doesn’t.

He was right obviously, and the problem as I see it is we don’t have enough players that hate getting scored on. Idk if the Leafs have a realistic chance of getting back in the series, but I think regardless of the outcome this team need to make some moves to get in the kind of player Doughty was talking about, the kind that cares a little more than what our guys have shown.

Our D have adandoned Andersen and gifted time and real-estate around the net. Our top shot blocker has 4 in 2 games, Vegas (who are 2-0) has a guy with 21.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

History will repeat.

Flyers vs. Bruins 2010 ECSF? :sarcasm:

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Not happening. They need to show some urgency and the way some guys just mailed last game in it was like they forgot it was playoffs and you don't quit until last second. I feel bad for your father, maybe he doesnt have much expactations to begin with.

I'll wait until the results but I will not say that they will surely come back and win. They have as much of a chance as any other team but I would only believe if they actually win. From past 2 games performance I have zero confidence in them getting the job done.

If they just compete and show signs of improvements for future years I'll take it as a win. Just like how they did against WSH last season.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Whatever happens everybody needs to remember our window is only just starting to crack open. Our core is young and the big three are barely in their 20's, of course they're not ready to win a Cup overnight.

It's not like we're the Capitals or anything with Ovie pushing 35 and the chances looking slim. Lots and lots and lots of years left. And the kids (yes, remember they're KIDS) people are ready to write off because they're struggling in their second playoff series ever are going to make a lot of us look stupid when they're 24 or 25 and just starting their primes. I have full confidence in the big three and we're lucky to have them all.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I just hope they represent what it means to be a Toronto Maple Leaf.
They’d be watching video of Wendel, Dougie, Mats all day today and tomorrow.

A simple message from Shanahan: Let us know if you have what it takes to be a Leaf!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I have faith in Andersen just because goaltenders are so random and he's done this so many times. I could definitely see him having a great couple games at home. He's Jake Gardiner in net

50/50 what you're going to get, compared to someone like JVR or Bozak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->