The Leafs will come back and win this series

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Series isn't over until you lose a home game.

Luckily for us, we are a very good home team. Just have to play like they're capable of and we can bring this back.
Unfortunately, our Leafs can win all their home games and still lose the series! They gotta win ONE game in Boston! So far, they have FAILED!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Theyve showed absolutely 0 indication whatsoever that they can win 1 game, let alone 4 of the next 5 against a line that is feeding this team their lunch.

There's optimism, and then there's just blind faith.
Pretty much.
Take one game at a time is all they can do now.
Playing with the lead would help immensely. Giving up early goals, especially on the road is a killer.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Got to work this morning and unfortunately have a few Bruins fans there. That was that hard lol. They let me have it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Got to work this morning and unfortunately have a few Bruins fans there. That was that hard lol. They let me have it.
Oh don't worry, I have a family/friend group of Jets fans and they've been trying to convince me non-stop it's time to give up and hop on the Jets bandwagon.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Marleau Matthews marner
Leivo nylander kapanen
Jvr bozack johnsson
Hyman Plekanec brown

Reilly polack
Gardiner zaitsev
Dermott hainsey

Andersen

Our defense on the right side is a mess.. polack has been our most effective guy. Hainsey is on this team for his defensive iq and he’s trying to do to much, his skills aren’t up to par...
Zaitsev has been playing scared hockey ever since his injury before the playoffs last year.

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
Those two losses were frustrating, but I retain optimism. The boys will regroup at home. They have to. They have to come out with energy.

great

Apr 14, 2018
The leafs have to win the next three games, actually better win the next four. But to do that they need some serious overhaul, changing up the lines might help. Babs needs to work with them on the pk and pp, and their passes. Also he should find a way to overcome Bruins clogging the neutral zone. There has to be a way, something new possibly. But to me the main threat in Boston is their top line, that’s the line that scores the most.Babs needs to make a line to neutralize it, and have the other three score like mad. Centring Nylander might help. I do beleaf, but I also know you need action to make your dreams come true, and action needs to be taken.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I don't remember the '93 series, but I do remember '04 vs the Flyers. Now they ultimately lost the series, but were down 2-0 and tied it 2-2 at home. In a thread before this series, I mentioned my playoff memories starting during the Quinn era in '99, meaning I have witnessed 15 series. The '04 Philly series was the only time they were down 2-0, which is actually quite remarkable. And they came back to tie the series, which ultimately gives me slight hope. I remember feeling way better playing at home, but the problem was, they couldn't win on the road in that series. Could be the same issue this series. TD Garden just feels like a nightmare right now. Last 3 games, outscored 17-8. I honestly don't think the Leafs are comfortable in that building. My superstitious nature alone made me hope we played Tampa, just to avoid the TD Garden.

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
Lol..is it possible to come back, yes..but not in the state the leafs are. Pull you heads put of your a** because there is not light because your eyes are covered with nutela. Leafs couldn't beat a AHL team the way they are playing. This is not the same team that won 105 pts in the reg season

Attachments

• koolaid.png
    koolaid.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 0

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think they can, call me crazy but there were some positive signs last night...more negatives but its not impossible.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They really need a serious effort in games 3 and 4 and win in a way that they have momentum going back to Boston for game 5.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
You’re never in trouble in a seven game series until you give one up at home. Whether we lost back to back 2-1 double OT games or got our asses handed to us like we had happen it still only counts for 2 games for Boston. We also failed to lose a game by three goals all season, so getting creamed by 4 I’m back back games should really be a motivating factor.
Andersen needs to be better, Matthews needs to bring it all 60, and Nylander needs to be somewhat visible, but I beleaf home ice will really help us.
Love the passion and faith.. Go Leafs Go

Reactions: WILDLIFEGUY

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
We just need Freddy’s to make a big save. As soon as the team knows Freddy is on his they’ll win

Go leafs go!

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Oh don't worry, I have a family/friend group of Jets fans and they've been trying to convince me non-stop it's time to give up and hop on the Jets bandwagon.
You poor man the Jets fan base is one of the most obnoxious there is, don't go to the dark side.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
It's not looking great but it ain't over either!!

I'm really curious to see what the Leafs look like at home, when Babcock can better manage his matchups. I expect a low scoring game at the very least.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's very cliche but they just need to take it one game at a time. Win the next game. I think they can do it.

The big x factor for me is Andersen. We've had poor goaltending in the first two games. No way you win with bad goaltending.

Hainsey and Zaitsev need to play reduced and sheltered minutes, they're struggling. Maybe consider bringing up Borgman, who plays with an edge and is the most NHL ready among Marlies dmen.

If we win two at home we build confidence and go back to TD with that confidence plus the return of Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad