The Leafs will come back and win this series

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Predicted they would lose the first two and predict they'll win the next two.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Only way we turn this around is if we get way better goaltending. We need to steal a game. We have beat this team twice in a row before. We just can't come out in game 3 and be down 3 goals in the first 10 minutes. Need a good start.

Reactions: ThewThew

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
koolaid.png

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Never say never to a Mike Babcock coached team.

Leafs don't have anyone on the level of Bergeron 64 games 30-33-63 points and Marchand #13 OA in NHL scoring 68 games 34 goals and 85 points and Pastrnak #21 in OA scoring 35 gosls and 80 points.

This might be the best line in the NHL both offensively and defensively.

Leafs can't touch that !!!!

Playing both sides Mess?

Reactions: Raging Bull

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Series isn't over until you lose a home game.

Luckily for us, we are a very good home team. Just have to play like they're capable of and we can bring this back.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
If the Leafs can come out hot in game 3. If they can see Freddie come up with a big save. If a lucky bounce can go their way for a change. If they can get their PP and PK back on track. If their D can step up like they did against Washington last year. If their young stars can start to produce. They might have a chance.

But I fear that if Freddie lets one in early in game 3 they are getting swept. In game one they were scored on at 5:28. In game two at 5:26. If they fall behind on the scoreboard in game three within the first 6 or 7 minutes I don't think they can recover.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Power went off here 7 minutes into yesterday's game and didn't come back until 10 minutes left in the 3rd so I can't saw I actually saw much of yesterday's game transpire but statistically it was much better than the first game where we got demolished. Statistically we were the better team, and some of that could be score effects for sure, but statistically we didn't deserve to lose 7 to 3.

Hopefully we can pull our heads out of our asses, come out of the gates better, get a save here and there, and play better at home. Get to 2 to 2 and go from there.

Reactions: Jeypic

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure how anyone can be optimistic after the 1st 2 games....

That said....we haven't seen the real Leafs yet, so.....lets fuggin' go!!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The story of losing the first 2 games 6-2 and 6-3 while looking completely outmatched and overwhelmed by the Red Wings in 1993 only to come back and win the series in 7 is positive thinking alright. Lets see if history can repeat itself.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nothing wrong with having some faith. After all in the worst case there will be plenty of time to be depressed.

But I'm not feeling it. This team hasn't shown little to rally behind. They can win sure. But they effectively have to transform into a good team again. And they have to win the next 2 games. There's no getting past that. They can't go back to Boston down 3-1 and they obviously can't lose the next two games if they want to keep playing. It's on them to make something happen.

Series isn't over until you lose a home game.

Luckily for us, we are a very good home team. Just have to play like they're capable of and we can bring this back.
Does anyone throwing this around understand how the playoffs work? The Leafs are the lower seed. We don't have home ice! We can win every single home game in the series and lose! That phrase literally only applies if you have home ice.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Theyve showed absolutely 0 indication whatsoever that they can win 1 game, let alone 4 of the next 5 against a line that is feeding this team their lunch.

There's optimism, and then there's just blind faith.

Reactions: dsred

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Power went off here 7 minutes into yesterday's game and didn't come back until 10 minutes left in the 3rd so I can't saw I actually saw much of yesterday's game transpire but statistically it was much better than the first game where we got demolished. Statistically we were the better team, and some of that could be score effects for sure, but statistically we didn't deserve to lose 7 to 3.

Hopefully we can pull our heads out of our asses, come out of the gates better, get a save here and there, and play better at home. Get to 2 to 2 and go from there.

honestly, the game as lost in the first 15 minutes as we literally couldn't buy a break - and everything Boston threw at the net went in. I don't know what's going on in Andy's head, but he's gotta put it together (Tomorrow). like. Curtis played a hell of a lot better than he did..

we need to score the first two goals on monday, and then force boston to play our game. if we're chasing honestly don't know what will happen. though i have faith we'll win the next two games. (to be fair i had faith we'd win last night and on Thursday, so i'm feeling kinda rattled LOL)

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I saw this on twitter earlier (forget who so can’t give credit),

“There’s a difference between having a bad game and being a bad team”

The Leafs have had a pair of lousy games, but they’re clearly better than this. They weren’t a team getting blown out regularly all year. And the team clearly has talent.

I don’t know how this series will go for the rest of it, but seems silly to think the Leafs chances are beyond hope at this point. Plenty of hockey left to play.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Screw the darkness! I'm back on board!

Let's take both games at home, and watch Kadri shove it down the Bruins throats on their ice.
if that happens I think we can win the series. Winning two games at home shouldn't be a problem for us, so I hope it isn't. I just have no faith in Andersen

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I remember the doom and gloom as the Leafs were getting it handed to them for the second time in a row by the Wings in game 2 of the 1993 first round. Then Potvin gave a huge two-hander to Ciccarelli, and with all the whining and blaming around me, I suddenly felt calm. Because I knew they had the fire.

Last night watching them come out in the second after a first period where everything went wrong without even missing a beat, I knew they had the fire. Even when Boston got the fifth goal they didn't relent. They were first to every puck, they dominated possession, Matthews was on fire, and they came back and made plays defensively that a team that has given up wouldn't.

They have to get the PK under control, but this series isn't over. Andersen will be back in form, pucks will stop bouncing in off defencemen. Suddenly, with the balance of play being in the Boston end like it was through the first two periods of game one and throughout game two, we might see some results.

It'a a long haul back with little room for error, and it takes a special kind of fan to quit on the team while attacking the players that clearly have not given up.

GLG.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Playing both sides Mess?

How so?

Boston has the better more dominate players in the series but Leafs have the better and more experienced coach.

Hockey is a team game so better individual players don't guarantee success and we will need a good coach to overcome that.

These aren't mutually exclusive points that only one can be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->