Post-Game Talk: the Leafs are undefeated, and we won the shootout. no the world is not ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReimTime

Bozakian Bond
Mar 14, 2011
The good
Raymond line
Bernier
Gunnarsson & Phaneuf

The ugly
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger holy cow get off the ice please.

I love Reimer but ... Bernier is just on another planet. Wow.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Bernier was ****ing awesome. I wanted Reimer to start this game, I like Reimer more but it should be Bernier's job until he loses at least.

Raymond is a machine, he keps on impressive, 3 points and the game winning shootout goal.

Rielly, though his +/- sucked played pretty well, Franson sucked, brought Rielly's +/- down.

Bolland was good as well, as was Kessel and jvr later in the game.

Overall tough game, but we battled and came out the winner, undefeated 3-0, feels good man :)

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
yah !

c8f.jpg

mikebel111*

Bernier you are amazing. Rielly had a very strong first impression. Had a minus's in first period. However randy kept throwing him on the ice which shows that randy has confidence in this kid. Boy is raymond good

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Feels good to know if one of our tenders has a bad night, we have a legit option to keep us in the game. Reimer will bounce back but Bernier is legit. Give Bernier the next two starts.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The good
Raymond line
Bernier
Gunnarsson & Phaneuf

The ugly
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger
Paul Ranger holy cow get off the ice please.

I love Reimer but ... Bernier is just on another planet. Wow.
He was +2. He was awesome.:sarcasm:

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Lets not forget the best signing Nonis made:

Troy Brodie!

Anyone else think he should stay with the leafs even after all injuries if he keeps putting in 8-10 min a night like he has so far? Creating chances, finishing checks, blocking shots... great 4th liner.

EDIT: Sarcastic about "best" but still has played great so far.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
So proud of my 8 year old. I woke him up from the sofa to get him upstairs to bed and told him the Leafs won. He answered "of course, dad".

Brings a tear to my eye.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Mason Raymond has been a standout

Although it is a complete joke that his shootout goal counted. I'd be pissed if i was Ottawa.

Bolland seems to be back in form that had him lauded in Chicago. Love JvR's play. Phaneuf has been the best defenceman every game so far as well.

Probably the Refs payback for 2 clearly missed penalties (kessel getting high sticked and Kadri getting hauled down in OT) and what should have been a penalty shot for Bolland.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
WEOOO BIG W!

But lets be honest, who picks the three stars? HOW was it not Raymond or Bolland???

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
REIMER 7 GA in 4 and half periods....Bernier 1 in 4 and half + ot + so...just saying...GO LEAFS GO 3 0!!!!!

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Mason Raymond has been a standout

Although it is a complete joke that his shootout goal counted. I'd be pissed if i was Ottawa.

Bolland seems to be back in form that had him lauded in Chicago. Love JvR's play. Phaneuf has been the best defenceman every game so far as well.

Considering the blatant miss call on Kadri earlier and the questionable one on Bolland, I'll take this.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Joker+cop.jpg

What an exciting game. We once again managed to look like crap and send turnover after turnover Ottawa's way for the first half of the game and still come out on top. Everyone really grounded into the game once Bernier was put in net, you could see the defense calm down and start playing their games, which was great. Loved that Carlyle put so much faith in Rielly in his first game, and it paid off with some nice flashes of great play. Also really liked seeing Orr, Bolland, Bozak and Carlyle enjoying a hearty laugh before the shootout began. People can talk all they want about what a hard-ass coach Carlyle is, but he seems to really click with the guys in this room.

Lastly, not enough things to say about our off-season acquisitions. Bolland, Raymond and Bernier were 3 of our best players tonight. Now if Clarkson can have the same kind of impact we'll be laughing by the end of the month.

3-0, baby! Go Leafs Go!

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Paul Ranger is bad.

Bozak had like 2 empty nets he missed. Meh.

Rielly started off bad but became pretty good as the game went on.

Bernier was unstoppable. Guy's got as much swag as Kadri

JVR and Kessel are Beauties

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
yes boys! huge character win tonight. Didn't fall apart after going down 4-2, just battled back and took 2pts!

Rielly was solid in his NHL debut
Raymond continues to impress
Bernier is a stud
Bolland is hugely under rated. Soft, soft hands...

go leafs go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->