The Leafs are the best team to not have a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
No, the NHL wins when the Leafs lose. A yearly tradition since 1968 ;)

Watching Sportsnet’s announcers have a mental breakdown after hyping up the Leafs all season long as one the best teams in the league was extra sweet.

You must be high if you think Sportsnet announcers actively want/cheer for the Leafs and are sad when they lose.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I honestly do think the Leafs win the cup next year. Just seems like it can’t get any more humiliating than this year, plus they’ll have their captain back. Smells like an unexpected (well I guess maybe OP is hinting that it’ll happen) but plausible comeback story.

I can’t take any more of Leafs fans whining either, these guys need something to smile about.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
This team is better on paper than VGK, Tampa, Colorado...just name me any NHL team. We should be in the playoffs still dominating VGK

COPIUM

Vegas vs Toronto - Toronto has better centers, that's about it. Defense, goaltending, and depth all go to Vegas

Colorado vs Toronto - Colorado has comparable centers (Mack > Matthews > Tavares > Kadri) comparable wingers (Rantanen = Marner > Landeskog = Nylander) superior defense and superior goaltending

Tampa vs Toronto - Tampa is better in quite literally every conceivable way.

Also better than this years Toronto Maple Leafs on paper: Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers ... maybe more, but those 5 for sure.

Reactions: Anantika

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Everybody wins when the Leafs lose.

giphy.gif

UED

May 2, 2021
I don't know what you guys see, I think the Leafs roster is a disaster that will take many years of fixing and by then they'll be losing Tavares and Muzzin, maybe Matthews goes UFA too. Nobody hits and nobody defends, except Muzzin(they probably only got him because he's a 3x 40 point scorer), and they don't really have the cap space to fix it. I don't understand why Dubas wants 4 scoring lines and a liability on every defensive pair. All their players are only useful with the puck...They need many more Hymans and instead they're letting him go, I guess for Robertson, yet another soft one dimensional offensive winger. Everyone they draft is 5'9" so you know they won't be getting any help from their farm.

I find it sad, I wish Dubas had went to a team without fans like Arizona or Florida to test his crazy and wild idea of ignoring everything but puck skills instead of the one with the largest fanbase.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
As a Leafs fan, some of my fellow Leafs fans are almost as embarrassing as the current (and sadly past) Leafs management.

Come on a 1st and two 4ths for washed up Nick Foligno. LOL

Reactions: dukeofjive

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They brought in a whole bunch of vets who never won anything to ‘lead the way’, go figure.

Reactions: SI90

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
As a Leafs fan I strongly disagree with this.

Current team has potential, that’s about it. It has a goalie position we “think” we fixed based upon a small sample size, an okay but not impressive D, a geriatric fourth line, an okay third line, and two solid top lines that have had trouble translating regular season production into the playoffs.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Best team to now win a Cup that wears blue and white jersey's and plays in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad