WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What makes them the best version?

Maybe the most pre regular season hype?

Yes they should have finished atleast in the top 4 but unfortunately they didnt

Reactions: topshelf15

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This team is better on paper than VGK, Tampa, Colorado...just name me any NHL team. We should be in the playoffs still dominating VGK

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This team is better on paper than VGK, Tampa, Colorado...just name me any NHL team. We should be in the playoffs still dominating VGK

Lol.. cmon you can't be serious

Even on paper they don't even look better... let alone on the ice where it matters

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Better question: is it the best core to have never won a round in the playoffs?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm going to assume this is a non Leaf fan just trying to stir things up

That OR mid day drinking posts

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Ok you can't be serious lol. If we should be in the playoffs we would. Not like we lost because of bad officiating or some outside 3rd party factor. We're out because we simply didn't bring it, it's that simple. It's an especially embarrassing time to be a leaf fan but these kind of takes make it even worse for us. I apologize on behalf of leaf nation HF.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.
Ah a new salt thread. As for the actual topic, no they are not and it's not even close. They haven't gotten out of the first round in 14 years. At least those SJ teams got to the conference finals and even a final.

Ok you can't be serious lol. If we should be in the playoffs we would. Not like we lost because of bad officiating or some outside 3rd party factor. We're out because we simply didn't bring it, it's that simple. It's an especially embarrassing time to be a leaf fan but these kind of takes make it even worse for us. I apologize on behalf of leaf nation HF.
Edit: Fair enough. I believe bright times are coming on the horizon soon enough for you guys!

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sadly, these playoffs have proved that they are nowhere close to being a contender. Sad for me, since I am a Leafs fan. They would get their clock cleaned by Colorado, Vegas, Boston, TB, etc.
They have the parts to make them a better team....Dubas has to readjust his thinking and scrap that entire 2nd line and rebuild it with cheaper options ,so that they can have a better bottom 6

Reactions: Suntouchable13

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.
They aren't even the best team this year to have not won. You can make debates about teams like Boston, Florida, etc... All being pretty interchangable with the Leafs on any given night.

However, Colorado was clearly better than all those teams and didn't win. I'd also fairly easily take Vegas and Tampa over Toronto, is I was betting.

This thread is essentially, why didn't one of the top 5-10 contenders win the cup? Because only one team wins. Why is this a thread.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The 2007 Buffalo Sabres:

Hecht - Briere - Vanek
Roy - Drury - Afinogenov
Kotalik - Gaustad - Pominville
Paille - Mair - Novotny/Peters

Kalinin - Numminen
Tallinder - Lydman
Campbell - Spacek

Miller

Also had Connolly, Stafford, Zubrus, and MacArthur for what has to be the best collection of scratches I've ever seen

I'll see your 2007 Buffalo Sabres and raise to a 1986 Edmonton Oilers

Tikkanen - Gretzky - Kurri
Krushelnyski- Messier - Anderson
Summanen/Semenko-MacTavish- Napier
Hunter-McLelland-Lumley

Coffey-Huddy
Lowe-Fogolin
Jackson-Gregg
Beukeboom
Steve Smith
McSorley

Fuhr
Moog

6.5 Hall of Famers!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Did OP get hacked or something? Usually threads like this are from burners or known silly persons. 3k posts is a bit much for this kind of thread, no?

Depends what their prior 2999 posts were like. Maybe this is the type of quality of posting they've shown for all of them.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Spezza was the Leafs best player and only one showing any heart in the playoffs...

No offense to Spezza, but when that happens, Leafs have no chance

The Leafs always get these players like Jumbo Joe and Simmonds who have never won anything. They have no goalie and regular season superstars who melt in the playoffs. It must be a tradition started by Mats Sundin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad