GDT: The Last All Encompassing World Juniors Thread

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's funny that I said it was a barrel while everyone else said that it was a trash can! Alright, I guess that's understandable albeit weird! :lol:

because I'm going to believe just this one time that Rishaug isn't an idiot that would believe anything..

I don't buy it. The story is changing by the minute. its laughable.

Sounds like the US now enjoying stringing this barrel story along to see who buys it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Zigras is making up some shit that everytime we win theres a trash can barrel with the opponent team logo on it.

Apparently its better if you mock each opponent equally.

Anybody actually believe this tool?

I'm actually happy we didn't draft this turd for what a colossal asshat he is. Gonna be a worse troll than Tkachuk

Zigras is probably having a big laugh at anybody that would believe his version of events.

Zigras in the video I watched said nothing at all about barrels in the desert.
Zegras* if you are going to insult the tournament mvp, at least get his name right.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Zegras* if you are going to insult the tournament mvp, at least get his name right.

Why? Who gives a crap?

sorry, didn't know somebody was going to take offense to me not caring enough to check spelling of his name. holy strange reply batman.

I could give a shit about this tool.

enjoy eakins..

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Why? Who gives a crap?

sorry, didn't know somebody was going to take offense to me not caring enough to check spelling of his name. holy strange reply batman.

Pretty harsh to call him a tool. He's cocky and breathes winning. He called it before game they would win by showing them a real team, and he came out and had 2 points, primary assist and second goal. Type of kid Oilers should have drafted over Broberg.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why? Who gives a crap?

The barrel story was literally sent out in a newsletter to the entire team. They used it as motivation, and brought it out in a team picture. I thought it was pretty funny. You get so upset Canada loses you lose your mind on a kid about it.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Pretty harsh to call him a tool. He's cocky and breathes winning. He called it before game they would win by showing them a real team, and he came out and had 2 points, primary assist and second goal. Type of kid Oilers should have drafted over Broberg.

But the evidence is clear that whoever is on the Ducks is a tool. Therefore, Zegras is a tool :nod:. Getzlaf can mentor him in honing in on his "toolness"

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

*secondary assist that he didn't really do much on. I actually thought he was pretty quiet today, the team just capitalized when it mattered.

(I'm not saying he had a bad tournament, he deserved the MVP award)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Really. The same thing ends up looking blow up in your face stupid if Canada actually shows up in this game and wins as they should. Maybe Canada should have been playing this shithead saying that pregame or between periods.

I'm fine, if its OK with everybody, to think this guy is a grade A douchebag. you'll all arrive at that conclusion quick enough. Can't stand him.

I don't think anything requires me as an oilers fan to actually like Zigass

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Really. The same thing ends up looking blow up in your face stupid if Canada actually shows up in this game and wins as they should. Maybe Canada should have been playing this shithead saying that pregame or between periods.

I'm fine if its OK with everybody, to think this guy is a grade A douchebag. you'll all arrive at that conclusion quick enough. Can't stand him.
If he gets under the players skin as much as he clearly has gotten under yours, it's going to be a parade to the penalty box just like Tkachuk. Kid draws so many penalties. Sounds like a great player to have.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If he gets under the players skin as much as he clearly has gotten under yours, it's going to be a parade to the penalty box just like Tkachuk. Kid draws so many penalties. Sounds like a great player to have.

You're looking for me to have a reasonable view of this within hours of the US beating Canada for the 4th time in a row in a final DURING a pandemic. I can safely say that isn't happening tonight, there isn't going to be reason...heh;)

We're in anger stage of bereavement still..;)

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
I'm more pissed off at the fact if there was no covid I could of been at this gold medal game. Now next year we get stuck with a shitty pool again and the possible chance of no gold medal game. Maybe I should of just gotten my refund from Hockey Canada.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The start time was a factor I was nervous about. After establishing a consistent routine, the Canadian players had to change their gameday routines for their last game, whereas the Americans could maintain theirs. I think that contributed to flat start by Canada, which the US took advantage of.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm more pissed off at the fact if there was no covid I could of been at this gold medal game. Now next year we get stuck with a shitty pool again and the possible chance of no gold medal game. Maybe I should of just gotten my refund from Hockey Canada.

its not a mutually exclusive thought. This one is hard to take as a loss because we could use some joy at this time. Kind of having a harder time finding it lately.

6hr days, 1 yr and counting Global pandemic in a totally destroyed economy. people I know dying, and nothing but hockey losses in the only religion we have left. Not exactly a great time to be an Edmontonian.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

So you're saying you would have enjoyed our loss to the US tonight in person? I would have needed about 8 beers to enjoy that display in person :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty meh tournament from an Oilers point of view.

Broberg had 2 good periods and then got hurt so really can't say much. Dissapointing showing but not his fault.

Holloway did a lot of good things but his production was non existent. Good to see his hard work and ability to cycle. Wish he produced more, but can't complain too much.

Watching Zegras get the mvp and dominate most of the tournament kind of sucked.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
So you're saying you would have enjoyed our loss to the US tonight in person? I would have needed about 8 beers to enjoy that display in person :laugh:

I'd rather watch Canada in gold medal game win or lose, then not being able to watch them in a gold medal game when they are playing in my home city.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pretty meh tournament from an Oilers point of view.

Broberg had 2 good periods and then got hurt so really can't say much. Dissapointing showing but not his fault.

Holloway did a lot of good things but his production was non existent. Good to see his hard work and ability to cycle. Wish he produced more, but can't complain too much.

Watching Zegras get the mvp and dominate most of the tournament kind of sucked.
Sounds like every other WJHC from an Oilers fan perspective.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd rather watch Canada in gold medal game win or lose, then not being able to watch them in a gold medal game when they are playing in my home city.

Ah I see what you mean. Well we always have a decent chance to make it to the final every year (as long as we don't run into the US in the quarters or semis)

you got 120 bucks to pay just for beer?

That would be a worse hangover

The Oilers have conditioned me to drink copious amounts of beer and deal with the consequences the day after ;)

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You may be right, but let's remember who the coach in Anaheim is.

AncientScalyBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

North

Jun 25, 2009
You may be right, but let's remember who the coach in Anaheim is.

Also looking at Anaheim’s forward group, besides Zegras there doesn’t seem to be anybody that looks all that scary. Rakell is good but not great. Same with Silfverberg. Getzlaf is not what he once was.

They have good d prospects but not much in the way of forward prospects after Zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad