Aug 11, 2008
here's the all the 2nd overall for the last 6 years;

Bobby Ryan 2nd overall 2005
Jordan Staal 2nd overall 2006
James Van Riemsdyk 2nd overall 2007
Drew Doughty 2nd overall 2008
Victor Hedman 2nd overall 2009
Tyler Seguin 2nd overall 2010

I wanted to know who's the best and who's the worst? Did the team did the thing by drafting them? Here's my rank on them;

1st. Drew Doughty
2nd. Victor Hedman
3rd. Bobby ryan
4th. Jordan Staal
5th. James Van Riemsdyk
6th. Tyler Seguin

I believe the worst 2nd overall from that list is Jordan staal since Pitts could of gotten any of the follower;

jonathan Toews
Nicklas Backstrom
Claude Giroux
Phill Kessel
Chris Stewart

I feel that Jordan staal is a great player but I would of pick Toews or Backstrom over Staal.

So give me your list and the reason behind it.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
JVR still has a ways to go and Tyler Seguin hasn't even finished his FIRST NHL SEASON.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Best of the six, right now?

1. Drew Doughty
2. Bobby Ryan
3. Jordan Staal
4. Victor Hedman
5. JVR
6. Tyler Seguin

Best player 5 years from now?

1. Drew Doughty
2. Tyler Seguin
3. Victor Hedman
4. Bobby Ryan
5. Jordan Staal
6. JVR

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Almost as bad as ranking Seguin as the worst 2nd overall in the last 6 years when he has played one season in the NHL.

it's simply a thread and I feel Seguin won't be a all star. I feel that Hedman is the real deal and that Bobby Ryan is also the real deal but I would rather Hedman on my team over Bobby Ryan. I would even take Jordan Staal over Bobby for the simple reason that Jordan Staal couple play everywhere on a team from 1st center to 3rd, kills pk, is on the pp, never injured or almost. I just wanted to see what people thaught of the 2nd overla instead the 1st overall.

Hawks10

Mar 26, 2010
I hope English isn't your first language.

Doughty
Ryan
Hedman/Seguin

JVR
Staal

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
here's the all the 2nd overall for the last 6 years;

Bobby Ryan 2nd overall 2005
Jordan Staal 2nd overall 2006
James Van Riemsdyk 2nd overall 2007
Drew Doughty 2nd overall 2008
Victor Hedman 2nd overall 2009
Tyler Seguin 2nd overall 2010

I wanted to know who's the best and who's the worst? Did the team did the thing by drafting them? Here's my rank on them;

1st. Drew Doughty
2nd. Victor Hedman
3rd. Bobby ryan
4th. Jordan Staal
5th. James Van Riemsdyk
6th. Tyler Seguin

I believe the worst 2nd overall from that list is Jordan staal since Pitts could of gotten any of the follower;

jonathan Toews
Nicklas Backstrom
Claude Giroux
Phill Kessel
Chris Stewart

I feel that Jordan staal is a great player but I would of pick Toews or Backstrom over Staal.

So give me your list and the reason behind it.

Giroux and Stewart would have been total off the board picks at 2.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
This is not directed at previous comments, as no one has made this type of comment, but I just feel like typing this out for any readers that might have this thought...

For those who think that Staal was a bad #2 overall pick I just want to point out that without Staal, the Pens couldn't have won the Cup.

Yes, there is no question that Toews is a better player than Staal. However, Staal is an awesome 3rd line center for Pittsburgh. Besides, rarely do 1st overall picks become the best player of the class, unless he's name is Alexander Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby, so why should we think the 2nd overall pick will be better than everyone else that's drafted after him?

The only thing that matters is that Staal played a significant role in helping the Pens win the Cup, which is a huge achievement. Plus, the fact that he's still young (22) and can still become an even more dynamic player, justifies him being the 2nd overall pick. I'm pretty sure the Penguins management aren't complaining about selecting him 2nd overall, so why should you?
;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->