TV: The Knick

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Figured this TV show deserves a bump, as it has (finally) been added to HBO Max.

If you can stomach medical gore, this is one of the best TV shows ever made. Up there with The Wire and Sopranos for me in terms of quality. If it wasn’t on Cinemax it would be far more popular.

Wanted to create this thread to hear from fellow fans, but also to let people know that they finally have access to this masterpiece.

You’re welcome.

Reactions: NinjaKick

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I watched the first season and that was enough for me. The reviews I read played it up like it was a turn of the last century House, but it was basically part 2376243 of "Boy does it ever suck to be black in America!".

I'm Canadian. I don't have to share the guilt.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
It's been available on the Crave/HBO cable on-demand lineup here in Canada for years. I actually just finished watching the first season because someone said I'd probably like it if I liked Boardwalk Empire.

It was ok, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Well-acted (especially Owen) and watchable, but the writing seems to be inconsistent from episode to episode. Something will brought up in one episode, then not mentioned again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad