The Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

MTLSandman*

Now this will probably get locked, but I'll go for it anyway....

Can we make this a thing, where we post all our knee jerk reactions and absolutely insane and irrational comments like firing the coach after 3 games or trading our #1 Goalie after a semi-bad goal?

This thread may seem like a joke to some of you, but I'm actually being quote serious here. I'm sick and tired of reading so much nonsense after losses. It actually becomes unbearable. I'm starting to consider just not coming on here during game days because I have to sift threw pages and pages of complete stupidness and knee jerk reactions from people who like to call themselves fans, just to be able to find a single well written sensible post.

EVERY SINGLE THREAD gets completely over run during a loss and is just bombarded with utter nonsense that clearly is due to emotions running high after losses. So I thought if we can have a thread to just knee jerk and vent as much as we'd like, we can have a much better experience on these boards. If you want, lock this thread on non game days, and reopen it after losses or other times where the "whiners" come out in full force that would work just fine.

I want to be able to go in the post game thread and actually read some insightful comments about the team. Not some "Therrien is completely useless, fire him and Bergevin! We should jus trade all our veterans and get a high lottery pick cause this team is GARBAGE" type of comments * more so after only 3 games....

(And yes I see the irony of this being a knee jerk thread to all the knee jerk commenters)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Stay away from the GDT and PGT if we lose. Unless you can laugh about it.

There are some really bipolar posters that seriously flip around. However, there are others that just get their beliefs backed up whenever we lose. Sometimes, it's warranted. This team isn't perfect and there are question marks, but yes, some other times it's over the top.
You have to know which posters to take seriously or not.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
We have the worst coach and GM in the league.

Plekanec will never get a point this season, because little girls.

We have players under 5'10", therefore we are smurfs, and smurfs get made fun of on the general board.

Price isn't clutch enough.

We should trade every player over 26, because we clearly aren't the best team in the league, and so if we don't sell while players have value, we will regret it somewhere between tomorrow and 5 years from now.

We only have 1 win in 3 whole games, this is clearly a large enough sample size to proclaim last year was a fluke and we are back to where we were 2 years ago.

There was no fights in the last game, therefore we are soft.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Stay away from the GDT and PGT if we lose. Unless you can laugh about it.

There are some really bipolar posters that seriously flip around. However, there are others that just get their beliefs backed up whenever we lose. Sometimes, it's warranted. This team isn't perfect and there are question marks, but yes, some other times it's over the top.
You have to know which posters to take seriously or not.

pretty much.

PGT's after losses is where i get most of my infraction.

and no, it's always mostly-over-the-top

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

We have players under 5'10", therefore we are smurfs, and smurfs get made fun of on the general board.

We should trade every player over 26, because we clearly aren't the best team in the league, and so if we don't sell while players have value, we will regret it somewhere between tomorrow and 5 years from now.

We only have 1 win in 3 whole games, this is clearly a large enough sample size to proclaim last year was a fluke and we are back to where we were 2 years ago.

Plekanec already has a point :facepalm:

Can we turn the thread topic into a discussion about how the mods either 1) don't seem to watch the games at all or 2) hit 'submit' without putting even half a seconds worth of thought into their posts :shakehead

:sarcasm:

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

60 minutes of hockey and 14 hits, Bouillion over 20 minutes of playing time, DD with more ice time than eller at even strength, leaving dd, pacioretty and briere together How many points do they have in three games? having bouillion on the ice in the last minute when you need a goal, diaz with over 20 minutes of playing time including power play time and no shots on goal, could go on but enough said.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Can we turn the thread topic into a discussion about how the mods either 1) don't seem to watch the games at all or 2) hit 'submit' without putting even half a seconds worth of thought into their posts :shakehead

It was a girly point, it doesn't count.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Et le But is still light blue. Hardly a mod.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile

Can we make this a thing, where we post all our knee jerk reactions and absolutely insane and irrational comments like firing the coach after 3 games or trading our #1 Goalie after a semi-bad goal?

This thread may seem like a joke to some of you, but I'm actually being quote serious here. I'm sick and tired of reading so much nonsense after losses. It actually becomes unbearable. I'm starting to consider just not coming on here during game days because I have to sift threw pages and pages of complete stupidness and knee jerk reactions from people who like to call themselves fans, just to be able to find a single well written sensible post.

EVERY SINGLE THREAD gets completely over run during a loss and is just bombarded with utter nonsense that clearly is due to emotions running high after losses. So I thought if we can have a thread to just knee jerk and vent as much as we'd like, we can have a much better experience on these boards. If you want, lock this thread on non game days, and reopen it after losses or other times where the "whiners" come out in full force that would work just fine.

I want to be able to go in the post game thread and actually read some insightful comments about the team. Not some "Therrien is completely useless, fire him and Bergevin! We should jus trade all our veterans and get a high lottery pick cause this team is GARBAGE" type of comments * more so after only 3 games....

(And yes I see the irony of this being a knee jerk thread to all the knee jerk commenters)

helen-lovejoy.jpg

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Because you are fine with the way MT is coaching right now?? Are you fine with Bouillon with high ice time, 2nd wave PP and being in the last minute of the game trying to put the puck away and can't do it? Are you fine with DD having higher ice time than EGG? Are you fine with our 4th line having 10mins of ice time? Are you fine he said he agrees that PK lost us the game?

MT is being out coached so hard and it's not even funny. I love when he says"people who works hard are going to have more ice time". Yea he's totally doing that right now.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Great thread idea. Let it all hang down.

a) Desharnais and Plekanec are useless without bigger forwards flanking them.
b) I'm so done with Diaz, too small and ineffectual, his offensive ability does not outweigh his sub-par defensive attributes.
c) Tinordi is actually better than Diaz and Bouillon on the point. He has great offensive awareness for a big man. I wouldn't try him on the PP, but wow am i impressed. On the flip side, he's still playing like a rookie in his own zone.
d)The new hybrid icing rules will really help a guy like Murray. He's quite slow, but with the new rules, he won't have to "race" back to get the puck. His return to the lineup will be huge, imo.
e) Our team defense is awful. I see a lot of forwards trying to race up the ice to create odd man rushes instead of trying to smartly move the puck up. The goals we gave up were tap-ins because of it.
f)Replace White with Bournival already. White seems to make a critical error per game. His stupid attempt at a check resulted in a 2-on-1 on the first goal. His fighting skills and feistiness do not outweigh his sub-par hockey sense.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I dislike our defense as it stands. And really need Desharnais to bring his game to the next level. Those are the two issues I have with the team as it is.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I dislike our defense as it stands. And really need Desharnais to bring his game to the next level. Those are the two issues I have with the team as it is.

It's the compete level on this line that really annoys me. The reason why the Eller line works is not necessarily because they are bigger or better, it's because they give a 2nd and 3rd effort on loose pucks, they skate that much harder on the forecheck, they simply try harder. The DD line plays like they are the 1st line, the Eller line plays like they want to prove to the coach that they should be the No.1 line.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

The jerk store called, they're running out of knees.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Desharnais needs to sit, whether it's in our pressbox or on another team...NOW!

Cube is a warrior, but he's not Top 4 capable and MT needs to realize it hella-soon...Put Subbie & Markov back together for a bit, put Tinner back on the LD with Diaz and, if Gorges is hurt, put Bouillon out with Beaulieu on the 3rd pairing in limited minutes.

Desharnais needs to sit...did I mention that?

Briere looks a bit lost on RW, so let him center Patches & Bourque for a game or two (after sitting Desharnais...did I mention that?) to see if it works

Has anyone thought of trying Pateryn for a game or two??...could it seriously hurt any more than the Markov-Diaz pairing defensively?

Bournival needs to either be centering the 4th line or on a line with Pleks & Gionta (after making room in the lineup by sitting Desharnais...did I mention that?)...stop sitting him, Therrien.

Desharnais needs to sit.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Love your idea, I agree with you it does become frustrating reading bs on the GDT but that's Montreal when things go good they praise everyone and one little mistake lets fire and trade everyone. But as good as an idea the knee jerking thread would be there will always be people that enjoy ripping on the Habs it's there pass time.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
This thread is very confusing. It's supposed to act as a trash bin but I'm reading more rational comments with a mix of sarcasm that compels me to come back.

So are we supposed to post crap here or not?

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I avoid this forum 24 hours after a loss (well, there's a game today so I had to). Try this, it works fine.

Yeah, same here. I avoid this forum, AC and other Habs-related outlets until the whining stops.

The worst part about being a Habs fan, unlike other teams, is that we have sleeper cells of ex-Nords fans who come out to annoy after a loss and it really makes a serious discussion difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad