Post-Game Talk: The Kings get the Fever @ 7:08pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I've been saying since dev camp this kid is the real deal. I get he needed "seasoning" and to get used to the smaller ice, but he needs to stay and get games before the playoffs.

Yes, totally agree!
His hockey IQ is super high, he is fast and always goes 100%.
We havent seen his offensive side tonight, but he has great hands and will score a lot! :yo:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Fair enough because he sucked and was involved in BOTH goals against. He should be benched next game and Seigs comes back, leave Fever in.

What makes you think Fever will get the spot he’s earned after how TR treated Sammy?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yes, totally agree!
His hockey IQ is super high, he is fast and always going 100%.
We havent seen his offensive side tonight, but he has great hands and will score a lot! :yo:

And not for nothing, he is a very physical player but his hits don't usually leave him out of position.

Watching at the WJC's I noticed that a lot.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This here was one of the yuckiest wins of the year.

It's awesome to see another Ovechkin hat trick and good to see Holtby recover from a smelly goal to start the game but good lord, this was ugly.

Every game the Kings play is ugly. It is literally their only chance to get wins or points. Skill over will in this one for sure.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
What makes you think Fever will get the spot he’s earned after how TR treated Sammy?

I don't expect it at all. But the way they are playing Samsonov / Holtby makes sense. They HAVE to give their experienced goalie a chance to play his way back into form. It would be very foolish to throw Holtby under the bus and cross your fingers
that Samsonov is ready to single-handedly lead the team to another Cup.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Ease up there a bit... Sammy isn't being mistreated one bit. He's being brought along at a proper pace for a young rookie goaltender.

Lets not act like every rookie is Binnington and the Caps were languishing in last place with Holtby.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Ease up there a bit... Sammy isn't being mistreated one bit. He's being brought along at a proper pace for a young rookie goaltender.

Lets not act like every rookie is Binnington and the Caps were languishing in last place with Holtby.

Yep very good point. The Blues basically said "screw it we are the worst team in the league, might as well see what Binnington can do". And they never looked back. Very different scenario to ours.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ovechkin is not being suck. :DD

ovi_rmnb_shirt.jpg

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I don't expect it at all. But the way they are playing Samsonov / Holtby makes sense. They HAVE to give their experienced goalie a chance to play his way back into form. It would be very foolish to throw Holtby under the bus and cross your fingers
that Samsonov is ready to single-handedly lead the team to another Cup.

Yeah because Holtby and Jensen are a similar ilk of player. One is the Vezina Trophy and Stanley Cup winning best goaltender in your franchise’s history and the other is, well, Nick Freaking Jensen. :help:

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad