The kids are doing OK

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yes, we know.

PD tried and failed to convince Phaneuf.
PD tried and failed to trade Methot
PD tried and failed to trade Ceci
PD tried and failed to make another more favourable deal with VG that would have prevented us losing Methot

We get that PD tried and failed to provide VG with value similar to the 2nd round pick they flipped Methot to Dallas for.

So what should PD have done? Not fail.

What a strange way of looking at things.

In regards to Methot, PD tried to make some deals that would be favourable for the team, and refused to make deals that were unfavourable for the team. In the end he chose to let VG chose method over making a bad trade.

He inquired into regaining Methot's services after the draft but the story was that VG wasn't going to trade him back to us for the same deal Dallas got as punishment for not caving to the pre draft demands.

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make, and in this case we are better off without Methot on the roster, and better off having kept the picks it would have cost us to keep him.

This is a poor situation to go after PD for in my opinion.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Update Oct 21/18

Ottawa

Chabot 7gp 2g 7a 9pts +3

Lajoie 7gp 4g 3a 7pts +2

Tkachuk 4gp 3g 3a 6pts +5 Injured

White 7gp 2g 2a 4pts 0

Jaros 3gp 0g 1a 1pts +1

Formenton 4gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured

Belleville

Batherson 6gp 2g 7a 9pts +3

Balcers 6gp 4g 3a 7pts +2

Chlapik 5gp 1g 5a 6pts +1

Gagne 6gp 1g 2a 3pts 0

Tambelini 6gp 1g 2a 3pts +1

Wolanin 6gp 1g 2a 3pts +2

Bergmann 6gp 0g 1a 1pts 0

Brown 1gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured

Englund 4gp 0g 0a 0pts 0

Jaros 1gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 X

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Update Oct 21/18

Ottawa

Chabot 7gp 2g 7a 9pts +3

Lajoie 7gp 4g 3a 7pts +2

Tkachuk 4gp 3g 3a 6pts +5 Injured

White 7gp 2g 2a 4pts 0

Jaros 3gp 0g 1a 1pts +1

Formenton 4gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured

Belleville

Batherson 6gp 2g 7a 9pts +3

Balcers 6gp 4g 3a 7pts +2

Chlapik 5gp 1g 5a 6pts +1

Gagne 6gp 1g 2a 3pts 0

Tambelini 6gp 1g 2a 3pts +1

Wolanin 6gp 1g 2a 3pts +2

Bergmann 6gp 0g 1a 1pts 0

Brown 1gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured

Englund 4gp 0g 0a 0pts 0

Jaros 1gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 X
Would love to see Batherson or Balcers get called up at some point

Reactions: Alex1234

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Would love to see Batherson or Balcers get called up at some point

I don't, let them roast in the NHL and work on their games.

Give them an entire season and playoff run and watch it pay enormous dividends next year.

Maybe 2-3 games here and there but with guys like Carey and McCormick, we really don't need to rush these guys.

Reactions: pown

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Assuming we can keep Duchene and Stone.. this is a pretty good looking team in a few years:

Ryan Duchene Stone
Tkachuk Tierney Formenton
Dzingel Brown Batherson
Balcers Pageau White
Chlapik

Chabot Ceci
Lajoie Wolanin
Harpur JBD

Gustavsson
Hogberg

We're lacking star power on D and we have to hope our young goalies become great but our future doesn't seem so doom and gloom like a lot of HF posters would have you believe.

Reactions: aragorn and Xspyrit

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
What do you think is the best play with Dzingel? Do we (re)sign him after January 1st or ship him out at the trade deadline? I really like him as a player and he's only 26 years old, but we have Tkachuk, Boedker, Formenton, Balcers, and Paul as LW options next year. I assume Dzingel will be looking for some term, so will team be willing to commit with so much talent in the pipeline?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What do you think is the best play with Dzingel? Do we (re)sign him after January 1st or ship him out at the trade deadline? I really like him as a player and he's only 26 years old, but we have Tkachuk, Boedker, Formenton, Balcers, and Paul as LW options next year. I assume Dzingel will be looking for some term, so will team be willing to commit with so much talent in the pipeline?

I think he is a must sign.

Reactions: armani

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I suspect it will depend on what happens with Duchene and Stone.

Can't see enough money being left over if by a miracle they both stay.

Reactions: Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I suspect it will depend on what happens with Duchene and Stone.

Can't see enough money being left over if by a miracle they both stay.
I honestly don’t know what Dzingel is worth.

3 x 4M. I honestly have no idea if that’s too little too much. What are your thoughts ?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I honestly don’t know what Dzingel is worth.

3 x 4M. I honestly have no idea if that’s too little too much. What are your thoughts ?
Tough one.

If that's what it takes, I say sign him up no problem, but I think it will be a fair amount higher since he's eligible for UFA. If he has another 20-25 goal season, I'd say he's looking at more of a 4-6 year, 4.5-5 mil deal.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Dzingel isn’t exactly a kid. He’s 26. He’ll have a lot of value at the deadline if he keeps up his pace. Sell high on him.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Colin White has been great in the last few games. I was at both the Montreal and Boston games, and he was effective in both, using his speed well and always reading the play effectively. In short, he looked like the guy we hoped he might be. I was starting to worry about him especially after his mediocre training camp, but I'm cautiously optimistic based on what we've seen so far in the games that matter.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The kids are doing great & they should continue to replace some of the UFA vets with younger & better players over the next two yrs.

UFAs - Wideman RD, Carey C/LW, Pyatt LW/RW, Paajarvi LW & maybe Dzingel LW/RW
Replace - Jaros RD, Paul C/LW, Batherson RW, Tkachuk LW & maybe Chlapik C/LW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next yr trade: Pageau C, Condon G & maybe Smith C/LW, Tierny C/LW, Boedker LW & Boro LD
Replace - Brown C, Hogberg G & maybe Balcers LW & Gagne RW/Nurmi RW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duchene - Brown- Stone - if Duchene doesn't stay Boedker likely would.
Balcers - Chlapik - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagne/Nurmi

Chabot - DeMello
Lajoie - Ceci - (JBD)
Wolanin - Jaros/Harpur

Anderson - Hogberg/Gustavsson
- IMO Anderson could be gone at the end of his contract, Ottawa will need to find a #1 goalie soon.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad