The kids are doing OK

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The salary was the death knell for Methot imo. Considering shedding payroll has been priority number one for this team above all else, they were probably more than okay to lose him for nothing and made limited efforts for any solution that didn't include shedding payroll elsewhere to compensate.

We'll never have answers to the question, because we weren't there to know what options Dorion really had. There may have been nothing, but based on Dorion's track record and money being the priority over the on ice product, I'm going with it being just an excuse for them to shed payroll even if they knew they couldn't replace him.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Did you not accept that argument as fact when you said "exactly"?

In that case, please validate that fact with a quote from the other 30 GMs.

I responded "exactly" in post # 89, to this post

Nobody was going to trade for Methot or Ceci before an expansion draft so that’s not an option. So that leaves the option of sending a 2nd rounder (Alex Formenton) to Vegas and likely losing Wideman instead of Methot.

The fact that no other team traded for Methot, is evidence that no other team wanted him enough, to protect him over someone already on their protected list .......... heck, even Vegas did not want him.

Do you need further explanation?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
That's your evidence that 30 GMs weren't interested in Methot?! Are you for real :laugh::laugh:? That is not evidence in any form. Please review the definition of evidence, then to provide your evidence I am expecting the 30 quotes from each GM.

Can you provide a logical explanation for why you wanted Ottawa to protect Methot, over whomever you would have wanted removed from the protected list, to accommodate Methot?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Is that the best deflection you have? You're losing your touch.

Please provide evidence to the fact that all 30 GMs weren't interested in Methot.

Can you provide a logical explanation for why you wanted Ottawa to protect Methot, over whomever you would have wanted removed from the protected list, to accommodate Methot?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Now you are moving goalposts. What does the return matter anyway, you said "nobody was going to trade", yet here are multiple examples proving you factually wrong.

Drouin was protected by Montreal, in other words Montreal not only traded for a player before the expansion draft, they even traded for one that they had to protect. This example fully dismantles your claim and there is no retort you can make to change that.

This is called a red herring. What Beaulieu returned is irrelevant. Methot is also a better player than Beaulieu. He was also traded and had to be protected prior to the expansion draft once again proving your claim to be wrong.

Sorry, but "common sense" is that your argument was objectively wrong.
Goalies are definitely a different animal in that not one starter was moved off their current team. It’s like moving a 4th liner or 7th d. Not applicable.

Drouin is a forward so you risk losing a 3rd liner at best by adding him. Adding a D means exposing a top 4 D.

Red Herring on Beaulieu ? Methot only returned a 2nd post expansion draft. He wasn’t getting that when teams had to worry about protection lists.

Now if you Ceci had been dealt I imagine the Sens could have picked up a decent forward who was either exempt or an upgrade on one of the 7 they protected.
I still say no one was going to add a contract like Methot.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
This literally has nothing to do with this discussion at all, and nothing I've ever claimed :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You always expect quotes as evidence, please provide your evidence in quote form to your argument that all 30 GMs weren't interested in Methot. Are you incapable of meeting your own expected standards of others?
I think in order to "win" this argument you're taking a very simplistic view to the whole thing.

If I understand correctly, your argument is "Players were traded so Methot was tradeable too. PD messed up.".

The other arguments that I have seen are much more nuanced and take into consideration salary (he had a relatively big salary), the number of teams only having 2 d-men worth protecting (this dramatically limits the number of potential trade partners), the net benefit to the team since SOMEONE was getting picked etc.

Generally, while you might be basing your arguments on facts, they're not based on reality.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lmao dude you can't be serious.

It's the only thing you do

It's not, and I am not the only one who occasionally asks for further clarification.
I have posted here more than 3400 times, and he finds a handful of examples ........ and that's "always'? GMAB!.

Did you bother to check the dates on those posts?

It's easy to go back over a year or more, and cherry pick the posts to make a point, but it's certainly not "all" the posts I made, as was suggested.

The most recent example was back in June of this year, and the rest are about a year old ...... pretty weak accusation imo.

Perhaps you can waste some of your time, like the other guy did, who obviously has nothing better to do with his, and find some more recent posts, to help make his point.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
"handful" :laugh:
You're the literal definition of a hypocrite.

Definition of hypocrite
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Please go and do some more research, and find some posts that meet your criteria that were posted in the last 4 months ........ instead of those 8, 9 or 10 month old ones.

BUT, you still have not explained why you insist that Methot should have been protected, for the expansion draft, and should still be on the roster.

Could you find the time to do that too?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Go find a post where I insist that, because it doesn't exist; staying on topic is very very hard for you isnt it. Weakest deflection attempts, even after you've been called out for it already, you keep trying it :laugh: Embarrassing.

Now stop being a hypocrite and live up to your own requirements on others. Post the quotes, I'm waiting.

Just as I thought, you could NOT find ANY posts that meet your criteria that were posted within the last 4 months ........ instead of those 8, 9 or 10 month old ones, you found last.

Time to give up, buddy.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Update Oct 18/18

Ottawa

Chabot 6gp 2g 6a 8pts +3
Lajoie 6gp 4g 3a 6pts +1
Tkachuk 4gp 3g 3a 6pts +5 Injured
White 6gp 2g 1a 3pts -1
Formenton 4gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured
Jaros 2gp 0g 1a 1pts +1

Belleville

Batherson 4gp 2g 6a 8pts +4
Balcers 4gp 4g 2a 6pts +2
Chlapik 3gp 1g 4a 5pts +2 Injured
Wolanin 4gp 1g 1a 2pts +2
Bergmann 4gp 0g 1a 1pts 0
Brown 1gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured
Tambelini 4gp 0g 1a 1pts -1
Jaros 1gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 X
Englund 3gp 0g 0a 0pts 0
Gagne 4gp 0g 0a 0pts 0

Reactions: Ice-Tray

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
From "common sense" to a flimsy opinion.

Thanks for now admitting you were wrong.

Yes Beaulieu is a red herring because the return is irrelevant to the arguments being made, and to your initial point even.
It’s pointless to have a discussion with you. A post on a message board is not a freaking legal contract yet you don’t grasp concept or spirit of the comment. You also seem to think each decision taken is done in a vacuum. Have a nice day.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
I think in order to prove the other guys claim was wrong, I used actual events that occurred prior to the expansion draft, because those were in fact real, and therefore the reality.

The simplistic approach is what you are doing, speculating that things were too hard for GMPD, that is speculation. The real fact is that other teams traded players they knew they might lose for nothing, and in return received assets.

Also the post you quoted for your reply is quite odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad