The kids are doing OK

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I prefer Ceci + keeping our 1st round pick (that we used to get Duchene) over Methot.

Are you saying you prefer Methot over Duchene?

TBH, I would much rather have traded Ceci for Hall 1 for 1 and then kept both Methot and our first round pick. This way, we would have gotten 6 pieces for Hall and 6 pieces for EK this past offseason and there would have been no need to trade for Duchene and this rebuild would be much further down the line than it is now.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I'm feeling very positive about the future. We have numerous potential top 6 forwards, and a few D who I see as having top 4 potential in Docker, tychonick, jaros and now Lajoie.

Chabot, tkachuk and brown are the most integral pieces, imo. We need foundational pieces to build around and they have the largest upside in our org.

Obviously resigning Stone and Duchene would be massive, but I'd feel good about our position regardless of the decision to keep them.

Pierre might not inspire much faith regarding negotiations, but I believe in his player analysis. The man can find talent, and I think we have alot of it in the system.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Possibly 25 draft picks over the next 3 seasons on top of the young talent we already have. Can we get to 30 picks or is it time to start signing some contracts.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
TBH, I would much rather have traded Ceci for Hall 1 for 1 and then kept both Methot and our first round pick. This way, we would have gotten 6 pieces for Hall and 6 pieces for EK this past offseason and there would have been no need to trade for Duchene and this rebuild would be much further down the line than it is now.

Hmmm, we weren't getting Hall for Ceci, and who did we give up in the expansion draft in your scenario?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Update Oct 18/18

Ottawa

Chabot 6gp 2g 6a 8pts +3
Lajoie 6gp 4g 3a 6pts +1
Tkachuk 4gp 3g 3a 6pts +5 Injured
White 6gp 2g 1a 3pts -1
Formenton 4gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured
Jaros 2gp 0g 1a 1pts +1

Belleville

Batherson 4gp 2g 6a 8pts +4
Balcers 4gp 4g 2a 6pts +2
Chlapik 3gp 1g 4a 5pts +2 Injured
Wolanin 4gp 1g 1a 2pts +2
Bergmann 4gp 0g 1a 1pts 0
Brown 1gp 0g 0a 0pts -1 Injured
Tambelini 4gp 0g 1a 1pts -1
Jaros 1gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 X
Englund 3gp 0g 0a 0pts 0
Gagne 4gp 0g 0a 0pts 0

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Do Bergmann and England count as prospects at this point or are they just AHL fodder?

Sure, why not? Many would have told you that Perron shouldn’t count as a prospect anymore but look up.

Tambellini is also a prospect, he’s 23 y/o and hasn’t played too many NHL games, we don’t know what is the « finished product » even though we all have a very good idea that he won’t ever become a NHL regular.

That’s why Hockey’s future made those pretty exact criterias back then, like I suppose every prospects source does.

They're just not very good prospects at this point, extremely unlikely to ever make it; and that is why they found themselves towards the bottom of the rankings we just made. Maybe Mianjo doesn’t really need to list them but it doesn’t change anything anyway

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sure, why not? Many would have told you that Perron shouldn’t count as a prospect anymore but look up.

Tambellini is also a prospect, he’s 23 y/o and hasn’t played too many NHL games, we don’t know what is the « finished product » even though we all have a very good idea that he won’t ever become a NHL regular.

That’s why Hockey’s future made those pretty exact criterias back then, like I suppose every prospects source does.

They're just not very good prospects at this point, extremely unlikely to ever make it; and that is why they found themselves towards the bottom of the rankings we just made. Maybe Mianjo doesn’t really need to list them but it doesn’t change anything anyway
Fair enough. Was just surprised to see them on the list. Had assumed they were just roster filler at this point, but i guess technically they're still prospects.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It never should have come to losing a player of Methot's caliber for nothing. That situation was mishandled imo.

Once we knew it was coming to that point though, value wise, of course you protect Ceci over Methot. As far as play on the ice goes, of course Methot was better than Ceci, and probably still is when healthy, but based on age, injury history and all that, Ceci had more value.

Someone was going to be selected off the Senators unprotected list, in the expansion draft.

Vegas saw value in selecting Methot, perhaps thinking they'd get a pick from Ottawa, for not selecting him and taking someone else, but that did not pan out, so they traded him to Dallas.

No matter which player was taken, there would have been posters upset.

But I'm interested in knowing why you think it was mishandled ........ because Dorion tried to convince Phaneuf to drop his NMC, knowing that Vegas would most likely not select him and his contract, and that would have allowed him to protect Methot. But Phaneuf would not play ball ......... so what should PD have done?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Once it was transparent we were leaving Methot unprotected he should have been traded, our unprotected list after him was pretty crap.

Pretty sure there was a trade freeze on, to stop all teams from doing what you're suggesting.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ya that was mishandled from the get go. To lose a player of that much importance to our team was inexcusable. I suspect they were a lot more okay with it than fans because they got to shed his salary and saw that as a positive even though it left a gaping hole they didn't attempt to fill.

PD did try to fill the hole, by signing a veteran UFA D man ........

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The “master” of spin trying to spin things once again. Your gas lighting always fails.

I literally cannot believe this needs explaining: it was transparent Methot was being left unprotected weeks prior to the actual draft, since they had the expansion draft rules to follow and already knew which players had a NMC, and therefore could identify that Methot was the odd man out since they were protecting Ceci Karlsson and Phaneuf; complex logic I know. I’m actually amazed that the discussion was too complicated for somebody to understand.

On June 17th, 2017, at 5 pm a trade freeze went into effect (Prior to the Expansion draft).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->