The kids are doing OK

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
The biggest surprise is Lajoie, really. I thought Brady would look decent playing with Stone, as anyone looks better with him, though he's exceeded my expectations. Chabot's a stud and we've known that since he was drafted, so it's not surprising he's excelling as a top pairing D in an aggressive system.

Hopefully Batherson and Chlapik get a good look at some point this season.

Reactions: topshelf15

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
They are great to see live as well

What? It came up organically!

latest

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Sorry to change subjects but why tf does Garrioch have his own segment during the intermission? So painful to listen to.

It's a time filler, if he's not your cup of tea, there are other channels, no one is forcing you to watch.

I pvr the games, and FF right through all the pre game and intermissions ...... spend half the time watching the game than if I watch it in live time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Garrioch had a chance to show some editorial courage during the off-season but stuck to his tired routine.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
you could really see their excitement on the ice and you

You know, there could have been some youth on last year's team as well, but instead we opted for strong character guys like Thompson, Oduya, Dumont. Remember that "broken room" all you water carriers talk about? Those guys were supposed to make sure the room didn't "break".

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Credit to Dorion for putting this team together - the EK trade looks like it will work out like this for the team:

Phase 1 - Tierney, Demelo (2018)
Phase 2 - Balcers, Norris (2019)
Phase 3 - 1st and 2nd rund pick (2020)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You know, there could have been some youth on last year's team as well, but instead we opted for strong character guys like Thompson, Oduya, Dumont. Remember that "broken room" all you water carriers talk about? Those guys were supposed to make sure the room didn't "break".

So you're comparing a Team, coming off a good season, and a deep playoff run, double overtime in game seven of the ECF ....... to a Team that finished 30th over all.

So in your opinion, the Senators should have purged the older players, in the 2017 off season, and inserted youth ........ instead of building on the playoff success they had?

I can see your posts now, if that had happened ......... commending the Senators for breaking up an ECF finalist and throwing rookies to the wolves and not properly developing them.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So you're comparing a Team, coming off a good season, and a deep playoff run, double overtime in game seven of the ECF ....... to a Team that finished 30th over all.

So in your opinion, the Senators should have purged the older players, in the 2017 off season, and inserted youth ........ instead of building on the playoff success they had?

I can see your posts now, if that had happened ......... commending the Senators for breaking up an ECF finalist and throwing rookies to the wolves and not properly developing them.

Never said anything about "breaking up a ECF", the Sens did a good job starting that in their own by letting Methot walk. As for "breaking up", I am pretty sure the names I mentioned played no part whatsoever in the run to the ECF. Chabot could have started the season for Oduya. Dumont and Thompson were just unnecessary roster fillers where we could have injected some of that youth in the 4th line spot, heck even Mad Max would have been better than those 2.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Never said anything about "breaking up a ECF", the Sens did a good job starting that in their own by letting Methot walk. As for "breaking up", I am pretty sure the names I mentioned played no part whatsoever in the run to the ECF. Chabot could have started the season for Oduya. Dumont and Thompson were just unnecessary roster fillers where we could have injected some of that youth in the 4th line spot, heck even Mad Max would have been better than those 2.

Did not "Let Methot walk" he was selected in the expansion draft

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Garrioch had a chance to show some editorial courage during the off-season but stuck to his tired routine.

Shouldn't be surprise. BB is a disgusting shill mouthpiece piece of garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad