GDT: The Kids are Alright @ Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'm in my 30s and still have no problem going several times a day lol I'm sure he could do it every few hours to have Condra level stamina to be ready by Thursday.

Easy to act like you can do it all the time when you don't get any

giphy.gif

Reactions: MiscBrah

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I didnt notice Stü's wink at Brady. It looked more to me like he was smiling in a kind of surprised way. And Brady was smiling back in a sort of way that said remember that next time I say its your turn to vacuum roomie :) But i didnt notice a wink. Did i miss it?

it was a German wink, very understated and unemotional

Reactions: thinkwild

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The only German born and trained athlete I ever met said the thing they look for in kids before they go into the program of excellence is ‘a big lung’

Jimmy Stuztle has ‘a big lung’

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Haley, or any of Watson, Gudbranson, J. Brown, had that Carkner (I don't give a toss if I get suspended I'm beating seven shades of shit out of this douche) mentality I'd be much more in favour of them playing. Mike Haley should beat the piss out of Danault tonight whether Danault likes it or not. This politely asking the offender to fight does nothing.
While I don't mind a good scrap I really wonder how much influence the coaches have in these things sometimes & whether they are the ones calling the shots more so than the players seeking revenge. Who it is, when it is & whether to start a fight or not among 4th line players IMO seems much more likely to come from the bench than on the ice.

Of course, there is the code that if you beat the crap out of one of our skilled players than we are going to go after one of your skilled players, I assume still stands today. It's why we see enforcers fight enforcers so that the skilled players don't have too. If Ottawa goes after Danault, what is stopping the Habs from going after Stutzle again? The teams with more players that can defend themselves who are also good players I think makes for a better team & I think Ottawa is slowly moving in that direction with Tkachuk, Batherson & Paul & Formenton & Pinto coming.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Feels like a trap game...Our kids better be ready from the drop of the puck to go to war...Montreal has played better since the change ,the last thing they will want is for the Montreal media to get on them tomorrow if the lose

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Haley, or any of Watson, Gudbranson, J. Brown, had that Carkner (I don't give a toss if I get suspended I'm beating seven shades of shit out of this douche) mentality I'd be much more in favour of them playing. Mike Haley should beat the piss out of Danault tonight whether Danault likes it or not. This politely asking the offender to fight does nothing.
Sighs.... Loved him when he was here,a true heavyweight that didnt beat around the bush or waste time talking...You did something stupid to a member of his team,and you got beat up

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sounds like Daccord will be in tonight. That's exciting. I think its the right way to go. No need to kill Murray on back to backs. Gotta get these guys in there at some point.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sounds like Daccord will be in tonight. That's exciting. I think its the right way to go. No need to kill Murray on back to backs. Gotta get these guys in there at some point.

I think his Dad played for Montreal, and versus Price, we’ll see what JD is made of pretty quickly. It’ll be a super emotional moment for him

Reactions: Emrasie

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
While I don't mind a good scrap I really wonder how much influence the coaches have in these things sometimes & whether they are the ones calling the shots more so than the players seeking revenge. Who it is, when it is & whether to start a fight or not among 4th line players IMO seems much more likely to come from the bench than on the ice.

Of course, there is the code that if you beat the crap out of one of our skilled players than we are going to go after one of your skilled players, I assume still stands today. It's why we see enforcers fight enforcers so that the skilled players don't have too. If Ottawa goes after Danault, what is stopping the Habs from going after Stutzle again? The teams with more players that can defend themselves who are also good players I think makes for a better team & I think Ottawa is slowly moving in that direction with Tkachuk, Batherson & Paul & Formenton & Pinto coming.

The coaches can't instruct and promote fighting these days. CTE has everyone on edge and all sorts of court battles.
I would imagine once the canucks got sued all coaches were told no promoting violence

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sounds like Daccord starting, Gustavsson backing up.

ouch. 3 games in 4 nights, habs 2 full days off, HUNGRY for their first win under Ducharme and to turn their season around, we have been playing very poorly defensively lately, the line combinations are probably the worst possible someone could come up with. This could get ugly very fast.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
ouch. 3 games in 4 nights, habs 2 full days off, HUNGRY for their first win under Ducharme and to turn their season around, we have been playing very poorly defensively lately, the line combinations are probably the worst possible someone could come with. This could get ugly very fast.
Yep ,a very dangerous game for us...

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
We're playing with house money. Playing loose.

Habs have all the pressure to win. Playing tight.

All we need is a two goal lead and I think they'll fold like a house of cards. If they score first, I don't like our chances.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad