The Kelowna Rockets powerhouse

BWK Fan 97

Apr 1, 2013
On The Prairies
Do you know what it would cost to get Jarry? I doubt brandon would sell the farm for him.

Papirny is the reason Brandon is where they are in the standings and you want to give up on him? The number of games he's won on his own with no help from his defenceman shows me that he can be a difference maker in a 7 game series. And show me a goalie that doesn't let in a soft goal every once in a while. It's not Jarry.

So yes I'll take Papirny over Jarry any day

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Okay guys, its getting a tad off topic. If you would like to discuss the Wheat King goaltending situation, please either create a new topic, or go to the regular season thread.

This thread is about the Rockets.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
This team scares me.

It should as they are starting to gel and get to know each others nuances. Watched them this weekend against 10th rated Everett and the Silvertips could not handle the Rockets size and speed up front. Not sold on Whistle as a goalie; however, it could have been this series only that he seemed "off". Chartier continues to fill the net and combining him with Merkley is a great 1-2 punch. Defenders are hard pressed to contain Draisaitl with his swift moves inside the blueline.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
The Rockets are almost at +100 gf at 51 games played this year....crazy....what is the record for + goals in a season in the WHL?

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
It should as they are starting to gel and get to know each others nuances. Watched them this weekend against 10th rated Everett and the Silvertips could not handle the Rockets size and speed up front. Not sold on Whistle as a goalie; however, it could have been this series only that he seemed "off". Chartier continues to fill the net and combining him with Merkley is a great 1-2 punch. Defenders are hard pressed to contain Draisaitl with his swift moves inside the blueline.
The NHL experience, even though it was with the Oilers, really helped Draisaitl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad