The Karlsson trade has me worried for the Jets

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
I am having thoughts about the 80's Oilers spoiling the Jets.

I hope San Jose isn't as strong as I think they are going to be....

Honestly though I would take Scheif, Wheels or Laine over any of their forwards.

D men yeah... Burns and Erik are studs and Vlassic is a great shut down guy. But the Jets top 3 d 8, 44 & 33 are top notch as well and 2 of them are not even in prime years yet.

I think I just talked myself out of my fear but I'll post it anyways to get some opinions.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
San Jose and Toronto are going to be insanely strong. However, Vegas scares me the most. We beat them only twice last year (iirc), and they added Pacioretty and our 2C since. I’m not worried of the Preds anymore though.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
San Jose and Toronto are going to be insanely strong. However, Vegas scares me the most. We beat them only twice last year (iirc), and they added Pacioretty and our 2C since. I’m not worried of the Preds anymore though.
I really like these boards for sharing ideas and perspective. I find it interesting how fans view things.

For me, the Preds are the team that have me worried most. They are going to be gunning hard for us this year. I don't mean worry, worry. Just that those Preds games are going to be must see TV (or at the rink).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I really like these boards for sharing ideas and perspective. I find it interesting how fans view things.

For me, the Preds are the team that have me worried most. They are going to be gunning hard for us this year. I don't mean worry, worry. Just that those Preds games are going to be must see TV (or at the rink).
They should lose Watson.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Yeah games vs the Preds are the most exciting and even ones for sure!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Bolts
Preds
Knights
Pens
Leafs

And now San Jose have me worried but we are as good if not better than all those teams on paper.
Luckily only one of those is on our division and two in our conference.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Im still interested in what E. Kane will bring the team. Shenanigans, or has he 'matured'?

So there's always intangibles like that. Jets have done well in this dept. IMO. Especially with captain Wheeler.

Reactions: Jack722

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
A good sharks team is going to be a tough out for Vegas. Remember Vegas had an easy walk out of their division and were well rested for a jets team coming off a seven game series.

True, but we had a hard time against them in regular season as well.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
^both of you make good points. Las Vegas won't be quite as rested but they might still beat us it's just the nature of the beast. No guarantees. Both teams will be good.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Why be scared, the Jets are a good team. They'll have to beat other good teams if they want to be called the best. They can.

The Jets on the PK against the Sharks will scare me though. Holy crap!!

Reactions: Anton Hipchekhov

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am having thoughts about the 80's Oilers spoiling the Jets.

I hope San Jose isn't as strong as I think they are going to be....

Honestly though I would take Scheif, Wheels or Laine over any of their forwards.

D men yeah... Burns and Erik are studs and Vlassic is a great shut down guy. But the Jets top 3 d 8, 44 & 33 are top notch as well and 2 of them are not even in prime years yet.

I think I just talked myself out of my fear but I'll post it anyways to get some opinions.
Sharks' forwards don't worry me that much. Pavelski isn't the same player as he used to be, and Thornton is due for decline.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why be scared, the Jets are a good team. They'll have to beat other good teams if they want to be called the best. They can.

Only one puck. Not sure Burns and Karlsson on the point together will work.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
Sharks' forwards don't worry me that much. Pavelski isn't the same player as he used to be, and Thornton is due for decline.
I will be surprised if Big Joe makes the season. At his age knee injuries linger and reoccur more readily.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018

Yes we will have to play them clean.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Nashville is still the team to beat imo, much will depend on how Rinne bounces back from his disastrous playoffs.

The Leafs may have Tavares, but they still have that blue line as well.

Reactions: blues10 and Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad