Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan O'Rourke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Do GMS discuss who they'll be picking / is it relatively well known for the most part prior to the draft?

When Holland says he isn't trading up is that because he thinks his guy will be there at 14?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Holland said he sees the team making the pick at #14 and doesn't see them drafting a defenseman. Nothing has happened to change that. Pronman isn't exactly an Oilers insider so I wouldn't put a lot of stock into his crystal ball gazing.

Pronman isn't the GM too lol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why do you keep saying Guhle when Holland specifically said we dont want a dman
He didn't say that.
He said he doesn't see them drafting a defender unless one of the defenders they rank highly ends up at their spot.

I've seen some lists have Guhle top 10. Without knowing the Oilers list, we don't know who they have ranked where.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He didn't say that.
He said he doesn't see them drafting a defender unless one of the defenders they rank highly ends up at their spot.

I've seen some lists have Guhle top 10. Without knowing the Oilers list, we don't know who they have ranked where.
Drysdale and Sanderson are also in the top 10. Schneider in some mocks as well

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale and Sanderson are also in the top 10. Schneider in some mocks as well
My point is, his answer was pretty much a non answer and we can't take much from it without knowing what their list is. Who is at the top of their list? With the amount Stauffer has talked about Guhle I guarantee at least a couple Oiler scouts have been talking about him.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Do GMS discuss who they'll be picking / is it relatively well known for the most part prior to the draft?

No. I’m sure GMs as a whole have a better idea than we do as to who’s leaning where. And when McKenzie lays down a ridiculous “Look for Brent Burns to go here” right before the pick, he’s getting that from somewhere.

But the general thought is that teams will protect that information with their lives.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
My guess is a guy like Holtz or Lundell falls to us, and all of Jarvis, Quinn, Askarov, and Guhle are gone. I wasn’t impressed with either guy in limited viewing. Don’t seem to have a lot of upside. If thats the case I’d select Lapierre and hope he doesn’t have long term injury problems.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ok chumps, lets see your work...

Who do you want the Oilers to draft?
Who do you think the Oilers draft?
Who do you think is a sleeper pick for the Oilers?

WANT
Lundell - I see very little talk of him perhaps because few see him dropping to the Oilers but this guy could be what Jordan Staal was to Crosby and Malkin. I feel like a player like this if he pans out does more to help a team win (especially a team like this with high end talent already) than a skilled winger.
Would also be very happy with Jarvis, Quinn or even Mercer.

WHO WILL THE OILERS DRAFT
Holloway - I have a feeling that Jarvis and Quinn will be taken before 14 and they take Holloway. He fits the mold they are looking for of big, fast and highly competitive. I'm not as down on him as some others are, I think this player in some ways would compliment McDavid better than the smaller skilled forwards because he'll win a lot of puck battles and crash the net with enough skill to keep up. He might not have the upside of some of the other players ranked around 14 but I could see him being a good fit on the Oilers to balance out the forward group. Wouldn't necessarily be happy with the pick but if the others are off the board, I wouldn't hate it.

SLEEPER
Amirov - Holland has never been shy about taking Russians and this kid has that high motor, competitiveness that they're looking for. Having a good start to the season should raise his stock.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Ok chumps, lets see your work...

Who do you want the Oilers to draft?
Seth Jarvis...elite skill and the Oilers lack it in their system

Who do you think the Oilers draft?
Jack Quinn. I think he's the one player to fall
Who do you think is a sleeper pick for the Oilers?
Hendrix Lapierre...injuries slowed him down last year but having a great start in the Q...will he be there at 14?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Would be happy with Quinn, Jarvis, Reichel, Amirov. Of course Drysdale or Holtz if either ones falls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->