OT: The Jukebox: What are you listening to?

member 262271

Any Bowie fans on here? Favourite album? Mine is:
Low_%28album%29.jpg

member 262271

I grew up more on his Greatest Hits than with any particular studio albums, but I've always been partial to Aladdin Sane. Lady Grinning Soul is a gorgeous tune, I've always loved that piano.
That's funny cause Aladdin Sane is probably the one of his 70s albums I haven't listened to front to back, Lady is one I always skip, will have to check it out.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I grew up more on his Greatest Hits than with any particular studio albums, but I've always been partial to Aladdin Sane. Lady Grinning Soul is a gorgeous tune, I've always loved that piano.
Love Bowie, but if I had to choose one album I go with Station to Station. All killer no filler.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leon Bridges, No doubt and Action Bronson right now for me. I missed the Bronson concert when he was in town a few months ago, hoping to see him when he comes back. I'm all over the place musically. My tried and true is Pantera, , Rancid,Goldfinger,Sublime and No doubt. If it sounds good, I'll listen. I play banjo and classical guitar, neither one that well though lol.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Interesting thread...was just listening to some old school, some classic roots, and this song just came on in my library:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Solid selection, what are some of your Lorde/Impala favourites?
Alter Ego, Runaway City Houses Clouds, Endors Toi, Keep On Lying, Nothing That Has Happened So far
..., Let It Happen, List of People etc... TI are incredible, i could keep listing

Green Light, Homeade Dynamite, Mellodrama, Supercut, Perfect Places, Team, Tennis Court

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Alter Ego, Runaway City Houses Clouds, Endors Toi, Keep On Lying, Nothing That Has Happened So far
..., Let It Happen, List of People etc... TI are incredible, i could keep listing

Green Light, Homeade Dynamite, Mellodrama, Supercut, Perfect Places, Team, Tennis Court

Those are some great tracks, for me I'd throw in The Less I know the Better, Mind Mischief and World Alone. Currents is just such a great album, I can never skip any of those songs when they come up on shuffle!

Reactions: S2S

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Such a great album, easily my second fav. First time I heard the title track I was blown away.
apparently the Thin White Duke didn't remember anything about the recording sessions, amazing that he could make such a beautiful album while being so stoned. Definitely a "headphones" album.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

member 262271

apparently the Thin White Duke didn't remember anything about the recording sessions, amazing that he could make such a beautiful album while being so stoned. Definitely a "headphones" album.
Yup, being in LA was destroying him at that point. Part of why I like Low so much is that it was the beginning of his recovery, plus Brian Eno's contributions of course, I love that drums fed through a harmonizer sound. On that note, Carlos Alomar/Dennis Davis/George Murray were hands down Bowie's best band, just so damned tight.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Ty Segall's newest, Tom Rosenthall - The Pleasant Trees, Bahamas - Earthtones, Thundercat - Drunk, Archspire - Relentless Mutation, Bjork - Utopia, Power Trip - Nightmare Logic

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yup, being in LA was destroying him at that point. Part of why I like Low so much is that it was the beginning of his recovery, plus Brian Eno's contributions of course, I love that drums fed through a harmonizer sound. On that note, Carlos Alomar/Dennis Davis/George Murray were hands down Bowie's best band, just so damned tight.
his bands have had some killer players, Mick Ronson and Stevie Ray Vaughan come to mind as high end players who have toured with him.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Any Bowie fans on here? Favourite album? Mine is:
Low_%28album%29.jpg
Hunky Dory and Let's Dance are mine. I listened to Bowie alot years ago, then kind of forgot about him for a while. But got back into him the last 5 years. Was such a quirky guy, but was a musical creator and had limitless talent. I have a few of his albums on vinyl. Started collecting vinyls 4 years back and now have a decent collection of 500+. Just really love my music haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->