The Jacob Trouba App?

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Yup, Troubs has an app and says he wont be on twitter or instagram.....any guesses on how long this will last? Opinions.

(You can find the app just by searching the app store for Trouba)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's sponsored by Sherwood. When does the money run out?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't know what to say. First time I heard of a NHL player having an app. Might've been one for a basketball/football player. But reebok should try a Sidney Crosby app. Though I think either this app won't last or just be the app thats left behind like the unsuccessful ones. People will probably delete it after the contest is over.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
so he just abruptly quits twitter and IG, like an OG. lol nice try Trouba. I looked it up and meh.....better grab it while its free guys. Ill pass for now.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Thus far the app sucks, but we'll see what type of content it has during the season. Neat idea, certainly enterprising.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Its a neat idea. Needs to have some real behind the scenes content with him and other Jets and stuff like that. If it just turns into a Twitter/Instagram in one it wont go very far.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
I'm just hoping for some sweet sweet High School Musical chat with Troubs. Make it happen Sherwood!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Not a fan and it's something I don't want to see in future (no matter what sport). IF it leads to a deeper inside look, more content and still everything is free: I could see myself getting those "player apps" but if it's even only one buck a month, no way I am.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Its a neat idea. Needs to have some real behind the scenes content with him and other Jets and stuff like that. If it just turns into a Twitter/Instagram in one it wont go very far.

Personally, I think it's a silly idea. Do you really want 23 different apps in order to follow a team roster? Are they going to make sure the app is available for all platforms?

Marketing done wrong, IMHO.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Personally, I think it's a silly idea. Do you really want 23 different apps in order to follow a team roster? Are they going to make sure the app is available for all platforms?

If the future will be like this, it's, as you are saying, actually a step back from Marketing/PR point of view. People will have to download 23 different apps just to follow the own team. Silly and helps nobody besides a couple of top players but I'm not sure if a top players value will grow because of an app that's basically only combining twitter and instagram.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And thus begins the sophomore slump

:sarcasm:

Really bad idea jeans.......and he was the only player I was following on twitter :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Not a fan and it's something I don't want to see in future (no matter what sport). IF it leads to a deeper inside look, more content and still everything is free: I could see myself getting those "player apps" but if it's even only one buck a month, no way I am.

the ap thing's disturbing.
nothing's for free. absolutely nothing.
when you download an ap, you consent to the ap designer to have access to certain information on your phone.
it's usually something as boring as your locations and perhaps your calling and texting and emailing habits/trends, but still, you're pumping a 3rd party full of delicious information about your lifestyle.

all that so you can get "up to the minute information" on a dude who plays ice hockey for a living? a grown adult tracking information about a soon-to-be grown adult's daily life?

too weird.
pass x 10

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
the ap thing's disturbing.
nothing's for free. absolutely nothing.
when you download an ap, you consent to the ap designer to have access to certain information on your phone.
it's usually something as boring as your locations and perhaps your calling and texting and emailing habits/trends, but still, you're pumping a 3rd party full of delicious information about your lifestyle.

all that so you can get "up to the minute information" on a dude who plays ice hockey for a living? a grown adult tracking information about a soon-to-be grown adult's daily life?

too weird.
pass x 10

You're right. With "for free" I meant from a financial point of view, obviously. But you're already giving those data away when you follow him in twitter or instagram - that's the thing actually. People won't like giving their data to even MORE third parties and for the other side, it's less effective actually than what it is right now: Everybody gets data on facebook, twitter and instagram and everyone can get access to it by paying for it. Both sides loose if they start to make an app for everyone. EXCEPT it is based on the NHL app and everything is connected and the NHL can sell it on their own, which would be quite smart but I doubt that happens :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So, eventually you are going to have to have individual apps for every player you want to follow? 30 plus apps to follow the team?

One app, multiple players is a much better concept.

Derfel*

I'm assuming this is just linked to some sort of sponsorship deal and/or contest. As soon as the contest is up, JT will be posting on Twitter again. Besides - he's obviously going to be using Twitter to follow his teammates/friends that don't have their own app...

Derfel*

Totally agree - maybe this app could allow the players to post short messages (say, 140 characters or so) and pictures and short videos (say, 7 seconds long or so). You could also "resend" messages you like to your own friends, and perhaps reply back publicly to what the players say.

Not sure what to call it though? :sarcasm:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
So, eventually you are going to have to have individual apps for every player you want to follow? 30 plus apps to follow the team?

That's quite the leap of logic. Sherwood sponsers Trouba and obviously wants to drive brand awareness through the use of this app. so they reached an agreement with him to stop using othr forms o social media and use this again.

30 players on a team don't use social media never mind have a sponsership deal or thei own social media app.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Totally agree - maybe this app could allow the players to post short messages (say, 140 characters or so) and pictures and short videos (say, 7 seconds long or so). You could also "resend" messages you like to your own friends, and perhaps reply back publicly to what the players say.

Not sure what to call it though? :sarcasm:

hmmmm, yeah I like that. A good name would be based on an animal that has short "chirps" in the morning.

I GOT IT

Chirper

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Oh I agree on this if it is just basically Instagram and Twitter in one.

But if he is posting a bunch of behind the scenes stuff with the Jets, and things that he would never post on social media, then I think it could be neat.

But if every player started doing it, it would fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad