GDT: The Jackets Gotta Hab It Game|CBJ vs Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge|3-28-19|7:00 p.m.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

I 110% agree with you. I'm a Day1PSL holder. It was a over reactive sarcasm to the ridiculous negative GDT we all have to endure. If you read my earlier posts in last night's GDT, I was putting "Am I doing this right?" in lowercase. I've always tried to be "Mr. Positive" in Game Day Threads, but it's just not "cool", so last night went with the "Mr. Overreactive Negative Poster" attitude. I hate to admit, but it was actually more enjoyable:laugh:.

I hate when people sit at home watching on TV and complain about the crowd. "Why are they wooing?" "Why are they banging on the glass?" "Why aren't they cheering?" "Why are they doing that cheer?" "Why are they booing?". They paid the money to go, as long as they aren't dropping vulgar language or throwing stuff or abusing other fans, then why do we care how they enjoy the game?
I say/yell/cheer/do all kinds of things in the stands that I'm sure would draw criticism from SOMEBODY on Reddit. Do I give a f***? Nope. But my attitude is, if you're so self-righteous (not you specifically Bobcat), then YOU get in here and do it. Show up or shut up.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Nice game, we really rebounded after that slow start. We now have a real shot at playing Washington in the first round if we play well the rest of the way. The game in Nashville is huge, pull a win out of that and hopefully we can kind of coast in.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Also agree with Derby. What's frustrating for me is I don't live in Columbus, so not only can I not go to the games but I have no one to talk CBJ hockey with. I come here pretty much exclusively to enjoy "being around" fellow CBJ fans, and it irks me to no end when threads turn into nit-picking *****-fests. How that's fun for anyone I'll never understand.
Yeah, surrounded by Bruins fans here...and Patriots so its brutal.

To exacerbate the situation, NHL Sunday Ticket blacks out CBJ vs Bruins games and I am stuck listening to the local broadcast. Bruins color commentator, Andy Brickman, is one of the worst I have ever listened to bitching and whining about every call he thinks went against the Bruins. Really does his fanbase a disservice because he leaves them dumber about the game.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Yeah, surrounded by Bruins fans here...and Patriots so its brutal.

To exacerbate the situation, NHL Sunday Ticket blacks out CBJ vs Bruins games and I am stuck listening to the local broadcast. Bruins color commentator, Andy Brickman, is one of the worst I have ever listened to *****ing and whining about every call he thinks went against the Bruins. Really does his fanbase a disservice because he leaves them dumber about the game.

NHL Sunday Ticket?? You only get the games played on Sundays? I hope you get a discount.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
LOL...Center Ice. I get NFL Sunday Ticket for my Brownies too :)

Man you are a glutton for punishment. The Browns are looking up though. Check your conversations - the icon to the left of your user name up top.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
LOL...Center Ice. I get NFL Sunday Ticket for my Brownies too :)

Do you watch via a computer? You could use a VPN to get around those blackouts.

EDIT: Also, my sympathies on the NE fans. I am surrounded by caps fans and it's the worst :)

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Man you are a glutton for punishment. The Browns are looking up though. Check your conversations - the icon to the left of your user name up top.
Its only two or three games a year so I don't sweat it. I have been known to mute it or just listen to Bob McElligot on the NHL app. I watch via DirecTV although that may change as I am considering cutting the cord.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Aaaaand it's zero.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So, serious question guys. Bobs can't play every game from here on out....right? Back to back this weekend. Do you give Bobs Saturday night off vs Preds so he is better rested for Sunday vs Buffalo or do you play him on short rest vs Nashville and play Korpi (or another backup) on Sunday vs the Sabres?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So, serious question guys. Bobs can't play every game from here on out....right? Back to back this weekend. Do you give Bobs Saturday night off vs Preds so he is better rested for Sunday vs Buffalo or do you play him on short rest vs Nashville and play Korpi (or another backup) on Sunday vs the Sabres?

Depends on how Saturday goes (I start Bob). If we win Saturday then I'd go with Korpisalo against Buffalo, and then ride out Bob the rest of the way until we clinch. If we lose Saturday and Montreal re-takes the wild card spot, I'd go with Bob the whole way. It's go time.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I was thinking this same thing last night, does Bob go every game. I can assure you the right answer is whatever Torts doesn't do.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
And every team's fans think theirs is the one gonna get left out. Damn I'm tried of nail biting at this time of year. And yet I'll take it over not having a chance at all.

DSL I'm sure that like me you remember finishing 50 points behind the Wings and over 20 points out of the last WC slot. I can live with the hope and the tension that comes with it.
It's so much better than seeing the Jackets go on one of their patented end of season winning tear after they were so far back they were effectively eliminated by Thanksgiving!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So. What does it look like now??
Looks like the pysical play woke the team up and hopefully this is a game and the McQuaid incident is something that the team can use to build on moving forward. This team on its game is extremely dangerous.
I still dont like Panarins play or Torts decisions behind the bench. Bjorkstrand had the fewest minutes of anyone on the team that night and its just stupidity to me. Thats just 1 example of what I dont like

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
League has been running in mud the past ten games. Was just looking at standings.

1 team has >6 wins in last ten games played. Tampa has 8
26 teams have 4-6 wins in last ten games
4 teams have <4 wins in last ten games

Parity?

Our 6-3-1 is tied for fourth best in the league in last ten games. Wow.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
DSL I'm sure that like me you remember finishing 50 points behind the Wings and over 20 points out of the last WC slot. I can live with the hope and the tension that comes with it.
It's so much better than seeing the Jackets go on one of their patented end of season winning tear after they were so far back they were effectively eliminated by Thanksgiving!

For sure, Cannoli. For sure. But it wears you out...

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Wow! I have nothing against the guy but he was passing on McQuaid's left and hit him with his left elbow right to McQuaid's head. McQuaid looked out on the ice and definitely had concussion symptoms.
In what universe is this not Intent to Injure?
The way McQuaid went down was weird looking, but there was no doubt he was injured immediately.
Bogus decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad