GDT: The Jackets Gotta Hab It Game|CBJ vs Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge|3-28-19|7:00 p.m.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Rough start, but wow did they get it going in the 2nd! Really nice to finally have the 4th line (Dubi played well, even bfore the goal, you don't get to say that very often this year).
Bonus was Carolina losing and giving us a path to avoid Tampa.
Well done!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Great win. Being the Jackets, however, this means absolutely nothing for the next game. Could be the 3rd win in CBJW's long awaited 8 game winning streak or they could easily embark on a 3 game losing streak. Who knows?

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Congrats gentlemen. Well deserved. We were outcoached and ouplayed. Enjoy the playoffs, were cooked.

Dejected Habs fan. :(

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Congrats gentlemen. Well deserved. We were outcoached and ouplayed. Enjoy the playoffs, were cooked.

Dejected Habs fan. :(

It was a big win for the Jackets but its still a 3 team race. With one team at 91 and two at 90 any one of those 3 teams could be bounced.

You think you are dejected? Try being a CBJ fan!

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
It was a big win for the Jackets but its still a 3 team race. With one team at 91 and two at 90 any one of those 3 teams could be bounced.

You think you are dejected? Try being a CBJ fan!

Based on our remaining schedule, I think your chances are good.

We have 4 games left:

Jets
Capitals
Ligthning
Maple Leafs.

You also have a game in hand on us.

:help:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
It’s amazing people pay to see this crap when they can watch it at home for free like us

Well, that’s just so nice. I usually read the GDT after I get home from the arena or next morning. Nothing irks me more than keyboard warriors calling out those of us who are actually IN THE SEATS. Looking at several posters in this thread, not just Bobcat. Unless you actually go to the games, STFU about the crowd. Look at the posts here during the first half of period one. Lots of unrest, complacency, and complaints. And you expect us AT the game to be smiling, cheering etc. ?!?!

I understand that not everyone can physically or financially go to some, most, or ALL of the games, but why do HF posters think the mood in the arena during craptastic play might be any different than what they are feeling at home in front of their TV sets beside their keyboards??

I’ve been to every game (outside of a few chemo months 2016-17) for the past...many years. That doesn’t make me a “better fan” than those who cannot attend. It also doesn’t, however, put the burden of motivating the team exclusively on the backs of those in attendance. Sorry for the lengthy rant, I’m just tired of reading ad nauseum about HF’s criticism of the crowd.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Well, that’s just so nice. I usually read the GDT after I get home from the arena or next morning. Nothing irks me more than keyboard warriors calling out those of us who are actually IN THE SEATS. Looking at several posters in this thread, not just Bobcat. Unless you actually go to the games, **** about the crowd. Look at the posts here during the first half of period one. Lots of unrest, complacency, and complaints. And you expect us AT the game to be smiling, cheering etc. ?!?!

I understand that not everyone can physically or financially go to some, most, or ALL of the games, but why do HF posters think the mood in the arena during craptastic play might be any different than what they are feeling at home in front of their TV sets beside their keyboards??

I’ve been to every game (outside of a few chemo months 2016-17) for the past...many years. That doesn’t make me a “better fan” than those who cannot attend. It also doesn’t, however, put the burden of motivating the team exclusively on the backs of those in attendance. Sorry for the lengthy rant, I’m just tired of reading ad nauseum about HF’s criticism of the crowd.

Absolutely. I had your back last night. Well at least your virtual back. Some were blaming the team's performance on the crowd, but in reality its the opposite. Thanks for supporting the team.

Reactions: SuperGenius

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Well, that’s just so nice. I usually read the GDT after I get home from the arena or next morning. Nothing irks me more than keyboard warriors calling out those of us who are actually IN THE SEATS. Looking at several posters in this thread, not just Bobcat. Unless you actually go to the games, **** about the crowd. Look at the posts here during the first half of period one. Lots of unrest, complacency, and complaints. And you expect us AT the game to be smiling, cheering etc. ?!?!

Well said. Season ticket holder since day one. I didn't go to the game last night because I needed to be at home, but if I were there, I certainly wouldn't have been boisterous in the first period. I spend a lot of money on tickets and would like to think that gives me the right to cheer at the arena as I see fit. For those that don't go to games, I understand why you might not, but don't blame those that do for not being loud enough. After all, it's those who go that keep the franchise afloat here in Columbus.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Based on our remaining schedule, I think your chances are good.

We have 4 games left:

Jets
Capitals
Ligthning
Maple Leafs.

You also have a game in hand on us.

:help:

That is true, but you have obviously not followed the Jackets long enough to know that they can lose anywhere anytime. Plus its likely that a couple of those teams will take their foot off the gas just enough for the Habs to slip by them.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Also agree with Derby. What's frustrating for me is I don't live in Columbus, so not only can I not go to the games but I have no one to talk CBJ hockey with. I come here pretty much exclusively to enjoy "being around" fellow CBJ fans, and it irks me to no end when threads turn into nit-picking bitch-fests. How that's fun for anyone I'll never understand.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio

:clap:

Reactions: Bobcat110

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
That is true, but you have obviously not followed the Jackets long enough to know that they can lose anywhere anytime. Plus its likely that a couple of those teams will take their foot off the gas just enough for the Habs to slip by them.

You have more faith in my team than I do. :laugh:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

I 110% agree with you. I'm a Day1PSL holder. It was a over reactive sarcasm to the ridiculous negative GDT we all have to endure. If you read my earlier posts in last night's GDT, I was putting "Am I doing this right?" in lowercase. I've always tried to be "Mr. Positive" in Game Day Threads, but it's just not "cool", so last night went with the "Mr. Overreactive Negative Poster" attitude. I hate to admit, but it was actually more enjoyable:laugh:.

I hate when people sit at home watching on TV and complain about the crowd. "Why are they wooing?" "Why are they banging on the glass?" "Why aren't they cheering?" "Why are they doing that cheer?" "Why are they booing?". They paid the money to go, as long as they aren't dropping vulgar language or throwing stuff or abusing other fans, then why do we care how they enjoy the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad