The Jack Johnson trash talking discussion

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I find this to be a bit bad looking for Jack to be talking trash when he was given an A and was supposed to be a part of the leadership of this team to only fall off and be a scratch at the end of the year when he wasn't one of the 6 best D on this team after the trade deadline.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I wonder if the Jackets gave him a lowball offer after they pulled the $22M/7 years or whatever it was

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
"I've been looking to be in a winning culture"... Not trash? Sounds like sour grapes. More blood between CBJ and Pens now. JJ wasn't good enough for top 6 in Cbus but he'll be top 4 in Pensland. Great.

No. Not trash talk. He didn't say "I've been looking to be in a winning culture for the first time" or "unlike before." or something along the line. He isn't insinuating we don't have a winning culture, he's saying he wanted to go to a winning culture, which Pittsburgh has.

Its a little bit trash but the comments from their GM are definitely trashing the CBJ.

For sure, but JR isn't Jack.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
No. Not trash talk. He didn't say "I've been looking to be in a winning culture for the first time" or "unlike before." or something along the line. He isn't insinuating we don't have a winning culture, he's saying he wanted to go to a winning culture, which Pittsburgh has.

For sure, but JR isn't Jack.

If you are LOOKING to be in a winning culture, that means you are saying you weren't in one previously. Otherwise, you wouldn't say it or you would say it differently. This makes him look so bad and I am so glad he is no longer a Blue Jacket.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
"I've been looking to be in a winning culture"... Not trash? Sounds like sour grapes. More blood between CBJ and Pens now. JJ wasn't good enough for top 6 in Cbus but he'll be top 4 in Pensland. Great.

We'll find out how accurate this is. We'll also see what happens with Calvert. I'm not going to jump to the defense of nor condemn. We also have Panarin looking at his options. This could all be coincidence, we could also have some problems.

Based on my observations, I think there is more going on than sour grapes. I've been observing player management issues with Torts.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Trash talk? Hardly! The way Jack was treated at the end of the year was BS! I would have said a lot worse than that! He wants to be in a winning culture, who doesn't? It sure as hell ain't us! We've been losers for 19 seasons and the way this team handles its players, there's no end in sight! Why do you think Panarin doesn't want to sign here? Other teams are out improving their teams while we give up heart and soul players and sign journeymen minor leaguers for so called depth. Yeah I know, the answer is in the room, where have we heard that before!!?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Rutherford is talking out of his butt, and it's embarrassing to see from an NHL GM. Jack didn't play down the stretch because he was bad. Real bad. There's no tinfoil to be seen here.

Trash talk? Hardly! The way Jack was treated at the end of the year was BS! I would have said a lot worse than that! He wants to be in a winning culture, who doesn't? It sure as hell ain't us! We've been losers for 19 seasons and the way this team handles its players, there's no end in sight! Why do you think Panarin doesn't want to sign here? Other teams are out improving their teams while we give up heart and soul players and sign journeymen minor leaguers for so called depth. Yeah I know, the answer is in the room, where have we heard that before!!?
Wow. Don't you have a rock to crawl back under?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Oh my. Torts goes off

Parting shots: Blue Jackets' John Tortorella angered by...

All I know is, this organization, from the lawyers, the front office, J.D. (John Davidson), the managers, the coaches, players … has done nothing but try to help Jack,” Tortorella told The Athletic. “And for him to backhand slap us like this is utter bullshit, and he should know better.
“No one wishes anything bad to happen to him and his family. We wish him the best. But for him to put it the way he put it today is bullshit. And to have a general manager question our decision-making from three hours away, he must be a f***ing magician.”

That’s what pisses me off,” he said. “He doesn’t have enough balls to call me back, because I’ve tried to get in touch with him. You don’t shit on an organization that’s done nothing but try to help you. We all know Jack has had some problems along the way here; it’s very well-chronicled. All we’ve done is try to f***ing help him.
“I love the f***ing guy (Johnson). I’ve had him on the Olympic team. I get him on the World Cup team. I love the guy. But for him to do this is ridiculous. He has got to start pointing the finger at himself, not other people.
“If I’m a (former) teammate of his and I play against him next year … my gosh … ”

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Oh my. Torts goes off

Parting shots: Blue Jackets' John Tortorella angered by...

All I know is, this organization, from the lawyers, the front office, J.D. (John Davidson), the managers, the coaches, players … has done nothing but try to help Jack,” Tortorella told The Athletic. “And for him to backhand slap us like this is utter bull****, and he should know better.
“No one wishes anything bad to happen to him and his family. We wish him the best. But for him to put it the way he put it today is bull****. And to have a general manager question our decision-making from three hours away, he must be a ****ing magician.”

That’s what pisses me off,” he said. “He doesn’t have enough balls to call me back, because I’ve tried to get in touch with him. You don’t **** on an organization that’s done nothing but try to help you. We all know Jack has had some problems along the way here; it’s very well-chronicled. All we’ve done is try to ****ing help him.
“I love the ****ing guy (Johnson). I’ve had him on the Olympic team. I get him on the World Cup team. I love the guy. But for him to do this is ridiculous. He has got to start pointing the finger at himself, not other people.
“If I’m a (former) teammate of his and I play against him next year … my gosh … ”

Tell us how you really feel, Torts.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
"He must be a ****ing magician." Classic.
That comment made me so happy. I'm glad he went off on Rutherford. I'm less supportive of his tirade at Jack. I don't have ill will toward Jack, and don't necessarily think his comment was a dig at us.

However, screw that guy and the Pens. I hope we crush them during their first visit to Nationwide next year.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That's not how I would have handled it but yeah Torts is right.

"I played our 6 best guys during the playoffs. Jack wasn't one of them. It's a business not a charity." Then I would have been done.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't know why any of this was directed at Jack, it was obviously Rutherford's comment that stirred the pot. If I'm Jack I'm displeased that Rutherford dragged him into this.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's not how I would have handled it but yeah Torts is right.

"I played our 6 best guys during the playoffs. Jack wasn't one of them. It's a business not a charity." Then I would have been done.

I agree with this. And, by way of mea culpa, this is exactly the kind of thing that turned me off to Torts.

That said, I’d be lying if, while reading those comments, I wasn’t going ‘Yeah, Coach, you tell ‘em!’

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I agree with this. And, by way if mrs culpa, this is exactly the kind of thing that turned me off to Torts.

That said, I’d be lying if, while reading those comments, I wasn’t going ‘Yeah, Coach, you tell ‘em!’
Right. While I was reading I was thinking "yeah! Also tell Panarin to F off too! Actually wait no don't do that."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad