The Jack Johnson Curse

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Sidney: "Hey Jack, I miss you, come play with us in Pitt, I'll vouch for you. Remember when we played together as kids, it was great back then."

tumblr_ooqnrwRPfw1tok23uo1_500.gif

Jack: "Sid, put in a good word to your GM for me."

hqdefault.jpg

cut.jpg

Yay Pens out of the playoffs early.

Happy Ending.

THE END.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
For the sake of his finances after his parents royally screwed him over I hope he finishes his contract

I agree, though I hope it's with a team not expected to contend in the next while. If I had parents like his I wouldn't even have made it out of juniors.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Would be much easier to mock him if he didn't go through what he has gone through with his parents.

Now I only wish for the best for him in life.

I agree man.
I mean, the first sentence of this thread by the OP who is a Kings fan..."Not to pile on the guy or pin a team's failures on one person, but his career history of failure..."

Stay classy Kings fans. :thumbd:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the "Jack Johnson curse" is a fancy way of saying "Jack Johnson sucks".

Anyway, they won't buy him out because his contract is small enough to be tradeable. You can find a taker for Johnson by throwing a 2nd rounder or something like that on top of him. The Penguins weren't the only team in on him last off-season, Jason Mackey (Penguins beat writer with some questionable connections) said that Detroit and Anaheim also offered Johnson a multi-year deal last off-season, with a little higher AAV and fewer years.
There is no way , I woukd take on a bad player with a hefty, longterm contract for a whopping 2nd rounder.

Not in a salary cap league.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Anyway, they won't buy him out because his contract is small enough to be tradeable. You can find a taker for Johnson by throwing a 2nd rounder or something like that on top of him. The Penguins weren't the only team in on him last off-season, Jason Mackey (Penguins beat writer with some questionable connections) said that Detroit and Anaheim also offered Johnson a multi-year deal last off-season, with a little higher AAV and fewer years.

I’m calling bs on that. Detroit has very little cap space. Although that does seem like a classic Holland signing...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Johnson really doesn't get mentioned enough in the draft busts of all time. I mean he made the NHL and has had a career of course, but for a third overall he really has been a bad to horrible player almost every season he has been in the NHL.

Thank god he is best buds with Crosby or he would most likely not even be in the NHL at all.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
The only curse he brings is the curse of giving an extremely, almost unbelievably terrible hockey player regular minutes on your team. It’s hard to win when you go into a game down a man.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i didn’t see every game in the series, but whenever i did watch he looked like trash. getting coned, taking penalties. the stupidest thing sullivan did was put him in for game 2

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

And multiple teams were after Brandon Manning doesn’t mean they would take him now...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

What team is going to take that contract? It isn’t near as small as you think it is. He’s buyout material.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Sure, he looks beyond awful now and was never great...

But we are just gonna ignore him having 21 points in 26 playoff games? Pretty sure that is strong enough to DQ him from the playoff curse mantra.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->