The issues around Ottawa's blue paint

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

There’s no doubt that Anderson and Condon need to be better but the issues with keeping the puck out of the net are deeper than goaltending. The 2016/2017 Ottawa Senators were constantly praised for their defensive play. It was for good reason too, last years team did a phenomenal job defending the net. On the other hand, this season’s team has struggled mightily in the defensive zone.

The issues around Ottawa's blue paint

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I could be mistaken but I don't remember Methot being that strong of a net clearer.

Interesting how awful we have been at clearing the crease this season.

EDIT: In fact, off the top of my head, I'd guess that Karlsson is the one who plays in the crease who's been noticeably worse this season.

Maybe this will improve "on it's own" as Karlsson recovers.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I could be mistaken but I don't remember Methot being that strong of a net clearer.

Interesting how awful we have been at clearing the crease this season.

EDIT: In fact, off the top of my head, I'd guess that Karlsson is the one who plays in the crease who's been noticeably worse this season.

Maybe this will improve "on it's own" as Karlsson recovers.

Methot was tough to play against in front of the net but your right when the puck was low it was usually him attacking the puck with EK covering the front ready to take the puck up ice. I think it needs to be more of a team effort, lots of scrambling and odd man rushes this year. They spent a lot of time defending last year but maintained their structure.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->