the injury on Mattias Ohlund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
escapist said:
...and of course, the implications for his NHL franchise are more important than those for his national team.
:shakehead :dunno: :amazed: :confused: :rant:

I don't think jtuzzi was belittling, or saying the implications for Sweden weren't bad.

It was more a statement about how much Ohlund means to the Canucks

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Sweden could sure use Norstrom right now. He waited until the last minute to make his decision about staying home to nurse his noggin. I don't know why he didn't do what Forsberg did. I would have to imagine that he's healthy enough to play by now. What a shame.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Norström was to come, but he had to say no in the last minute. He had no problems going on the bike, but when he skated, he felt remnants of the concussion again: dizzyness and headache. He had no choice.

This was 1-2 days ago.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Oh noooooooooooooo :cry:

Our two best dmen are injured on the same day, sucks for the Canucks... :(
I hope they are ok and can recover soon.

SChan*

Osprey said:
Sweden could sure use Norstrom right now. He waited until the last minute to make his decision about staying home to nurse his noggin. I don't know why he didn't do what Forsberg did. I would have to imagine that he's healthy enough to play by now. What a shame.

we're going to use kronwall.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
SectionX said:
we're going to use kronwall.
I know, but he's not the same as Norstrom.

Thanks for the info, Chimp (the poster named Chimp... I'm not calling you a monkey, SectionX, hah). We haven't heard any news about Norstrom since the last game before the break.

AndersEriksson*

Kinbote said:
This is why NHL players should not be in the Olympics, the risk is too high for NHL teams and the reward is really not there, especially for US owners.

Kiprusoff, Norström, Lehtonen and a bunch of other players are examples of why players shouldn't be in the NHL.

DayWalk3r

YouTube Guru
Sep 13, 2005
Northern Hemisphere
Sources tell Sportsnet that Vancouver Canucks defenceman Mattias Ohlund cracked three ribs in the second period of Sweden's 6-2 win over Switzerland in men's Olympic hockey quarter-finals. It is undetermined at this point whether Ohlund will miss the rest of the 2006 Winter Olympic. :dunno:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
DayWalk3r said:
Sources tell Sportsnet that Vancouver Canucks defenceman Mattias Ohlund cracked three ribs in the second period of Sweden's 6-2 win over Switzerland in men's Olympic hockey quarter-finals. It is undetermined at this point whether Ohlund will miss the rest of the 2006 Winter Olympic. :dunno:

Uh... I think it's safe to say he's done for the Olympics.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
DayWalk3r said:
Sigh...anybody know who injured him? :madfire:
How did he get injured?

He was playing pretty good/ solid for team Sweden.
I hope he recovers soon!

Phanuthier*

Kinbote said:
This is why NHL players should not be in the Olympics, the risk is too high for NHL teams and the reward is really not there, especially for US owners.
FINALLY, some people are starting to see what I've been saying for months. :)

Hockey_Nut99

Phanuthier said:
FINALLY, some people are starting to see what I've been saying for months. :)

I'm glad they are done with. My guys were on Canada and the C.Rep. They are coming home to rest. Injury free. Olympica are not worth the risk. They can screw teams over. Look at Vancouver. What if Salo and Ohlund are out for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->